PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Puts Smack Down On Catholics

Gingersnap
10-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Also, he proves he can't do math or morals:

Here is a transcript of the exchange between Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D.-R.I.) and CNSNews.com:

Nicholas Ballasy: "Thereís a letter written by the US Conference of Catholic Bishops to Congress saying that they believe all of the health care proposals right now Ė the one in the House and the ones in the Senate Ė they all fund abortion as it stands and unless thereís an amendment or a change to those bills that specifically prohibits it, theyíre not going to support it. Do you agree with them or is there something Ė "

Patrick Kennedy: "I canít understand for the life of me how the Catholic Church could be against the biggest social justice issue of our time where the very dignity of the human person is being respected by the fact that weíre caring and giving health care to the human person Ė that right now we have 50 million people who are uninsured. You mean to tell me the Catholic Church is going to be denying those people life saving health care? I thought they were pro-life. If the church is pro-life, then they ought to be for health care reform because itís going to provide health care that are going to keep people alive. So this is an absolute red herring and I donít think that it does anything but to fan the flames of dissent and discord and I donít think itís productive at all."

Amazing. :eek:

CNS (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/55958)

djones520
10-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Ahhh... liberal spin at it's finest.

megimoo
10-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Also, he proves he can't do math or morals:

Amazing. :eek:

CNS (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/55958)

Just another in the long line of fallen Catholic Kennedy Half Wits !Old Joe Kennedy made a pact with old nick and the Curse of the Kennedy's in this generation is abject stupidity !The only decent Kennedy left is Jean !

PoliCon
10-23-2009, 04:02 PM
wait - so we're back up to 50M uninsured? Where did these extra people come from?

Gingersnap
10-23-2009, 04:13 PM
wait - so we're back up to 50M uninsured? Where did these extra people come from?

Illegal aliens? Blonde space aliens? :confused:

FlaGator
10-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Illegal aliens? Blonde space aliens? :confused:
It didn't say that the blonde space aliens where in Britian illegally.

Hawkgirl
10-23-2009, 10:25 PM
He didn't answer the church's point on Abortion...just deflection. Does he think all Americans are idiots?

Rockntractor
10-23-2009, 10:28 PM
He didn't answer the church's point on Abortion...just deflection. Does he think all americans are idiots?
He is about half right!

Gingersnap
10-23-2009, 10:28 PM
He didn't answer the church's point on Abortion...just deflection. Does he think all Americans are idiots?

Just the ones who vote.

megimoo
10-24-2009, 07:23 AM
Just the ones who vote.Just the ones who voted for hope in Obama and now they can...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByUOFV5TusE
!

GrumpyOldLady
10-24-2009, 08:01 AM
Patrick Kennedy: "I canít understand for the life of me how the Catholic Church could be against the biggest social justice issue of our time where the very dignity of the human person is being respected ...

The 'very dignity' of the unborn human isn't being respected.

Patrick ... you are a few puppies short of a pet shop.