PDA

View Full Version : Congressman Says He Has 40 Democrats Who Will Kill Health Bill

megimoo
10-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Congressman Says He Now Has ‘About 40 Likeminded Democrats’ Who Will Vote to Kill Health Bill

Rep. Bart Stupak (D.-Mich.) told CNSNews.com yesterday that he has organized a group of “about 40 likeminded Democrats” who will vote to kill the health-care bill if House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif.) does not allow a floor vote on his amendment to prohibit federal funds from going to insurance plans that cover abortion. Under Stupak’s plan, the approximately 40 Democrats in his camp would join with all House Republicans in voting to defeat the special House “rule” that would set the terms for debating and amending the health-care bill on the House floor when it is brought up for a...

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/56023

PoliCon
10-23-2009, 09:37 PM
I hope she sticks to her guns.

Speedy
10-23-2009, 11:12 PM
I think this thing is dead. The Democrats are putting on a show but they see the writing on the wall. Obama has no political capital to speak of. He is going to have the rug pulled out from under his feet when this thing cmes up for a vote not matter what it looks like.

lacarnut
10-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Something will pass but it will not be the public option. A bill that covered ONLY the uninsured, allowed more competition and tort reform would have Repub support and pass easily. Leave the ones that have insurance the hell alone. The cost of this plan would be far less than what the crimigrants in DC are proposing.

Rockntractor
10-23-2009, 11:27 PM
Something will pass but it will not be the public option. A bill that covered ONLY the uninsured, allowed more competition and tort reform would have Repub support and pass easily. Leave the ones that have insurance the hell alone. The cost of this plan would be far less than what the crimigrants in DC are proposing.
It's not about health care they want total control of you.

PoliCon
10-23-2009, 11:28 PM
I think this thing is dead. The Democrats are putting on a show but they see the writing on the wall. Obama has no political capital to speak of. He is going to have the rug pulled out from under his feet when this thing cmes up for a vote not matter what it looks like.

I PRAY that your right!

Rockntractor
10-23-2009, 11:32 PM
I PRAY that your right!

I hope he is right and I hope the same thing happens to cap and trade. What are we going to do about the treaty he wants to sign in December?

PoliCon
10-23-2009, 11:47 PM
I hope he is right and I hope the same thing happens to cap and trade. What are we going to do about the treaty he wants to sign in December?

Make it cost him. And we make sure that the Congress realizes that WE are aware of what is going on and what is at stake.

lacarnut
10-23-2009, 11:56 PM
It's not about health care they want total control of you.

I agree 100%. Control is their objective and they could give a crap about the increased cost with rationed care. If this monstrosity passes, I will in probability pack my shit up and leave. Damn shame I will still have to pay Federal Income Taxes to the US when I am living in another country.

PoliCon
10-24-2009, 12:00 AM
How long have I been saying that it's all about control?

Speedy
10-24-2009, 03:07 AM
If this monstrosity passes, I will in probability pack my shit up and leave. Damn shame I will still have to pay Federal Income Taxes to the US when I am living in another country.

Me, I'm not going anywhere. I have plenty of guns and plenty of ammo. This country at it's worst is a hell of a lot better than any other nation at it's best. I was born and raised here and by God this bunch of Bozo's in Washinton are not going to keep me from dying here.