PDA

View Full Version : Saudi female journalist gets 60 lashes for TV show ("Bold Red Line")

megimoo
10-24-2009, 03:12 PM
...................ROPMA
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia A Saudi court on Saturday convicted a female journalist for her involvement in a TV show, in which a Saudi man publicly talked about sex, and sentenced her to 60 lashes. Rozanna al-Yami is believed to be the first Saudi woman journalist to be given such a punishment. The charges against her included involvement in the preparation of the program and advertising the segment on the Internet. Abdul-Rahman al-Hazza, the spokesman of the Ministry of Culture and Information,said he had no details of the sentencing and could not comment on it.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091024/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_saudi_sex_talk

AlmostThere
10-24-2009, 03:23 PM
You left out the best part of the story.

The charges were dropped but she was still sentenced to the lashes as a deterrence.

I think I would have had more respect if they had convicted her on the bullshit charges and then sentenced her. But to drop the charges but still sentence her to 60 lashes is fucked up. Pardon my french.

megimoo
10-24-2009, 03:27 PM
You left out the best part of the story.

The charges were dropped but she was still sentenced to the lashes as a deterrence.

I think I would have had more respect if they had convicted her on the bullshit charges and then sentenced her. But to drop the charges but still sentence her to 60 lashes is fucked up. Pardon my french.The first thing they'll do is screw her until her eyes cross then lash her !

Sonnabend
10-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Sharia law at its finest :rolleyes: