PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phones for the Needy

megimoo
10-24-2009, 03:21 PM
I had a former employee call me earlier today inquiring about a job, and at the end of the conversation he gave me his phone number. I asked the former employee if this was a new cell phone number and he told me yes this was his “Obama phone.”

SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program that provides a free cell phone and airtime each month for income-eligible customers.
https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/home.aspx

I asked him what an “Obama phone” was and he went on to say that welfare recipients are now eligible to receive

(1) a FREE new phone and
2) approx 70 minutes of FREE minutes every month.

I was a little skeptical so I Googled it and low and behold he was telling the truth.
TAX PAYER MONEY IS BEING REDISTRIBUTED TO WELFARE RECIPIENTS FOR FREE CELL PHONES. This program was started earlier this year.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2369946/posts

megimoo
10-24-2009, 03:27 PM
"Arguing with Idiots" video contest entry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSGJ9Ck2IHk
Glenn Beck's "Arguing with Idiots" contest!

lacarnut
10-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Now that those on welfare have a free place to live, free food, walking around money and now a free cell phone, I guess next in line is a free car. If they would use the phone to find a job rather than rapping, the government expense would have some beneficial effects.

megimoo
10-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Now that those on welfare have a free place to live, free food, walking around money and now a free cell phone, I guess next in line is a free car. If they would use the phone to find a job rather than rapping, the government expense would have some beneficial effects.You forgot the free credit cards !

FreeAmerican
10-26-2009, 01:34 PM
There was a thread started on this a while back.

PoliCon
10-26-2009, 03:13 PM
There was a thread started on this a while back.

yup

stsinner
10-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I posted here a couple months ago...

Everyone everywhere who is poor gets a free cell phone-no bullshit.

"SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program
that provides a free cell phone and airtime each
month for income-eligible customers."

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/home.aspx

Thanks to Obama the Community Organizer in Chief. And since we know that nothing is free, this means that you and I are giving free cell phones to these losers. That's what community organizers call free.

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=16250&highlight=free+cell+phones

noonwitch
11-02-2009, 09:04 AM
It's mainly so their caseworkers can get in touch with them easily.

Seriously, though, I have no problem with the free phones if they are tied to a jobs program-if you don't have a phone, your potential employers have no way to contact you. Or if they are for the handicapped or those with medical problems who need an emergency contact system.

lacarnut
11-02-2009, 10:42 AM
It's mainly so their caseworkers can get in touch with them easily.

Seriously, though, I have no problem with the free phones if they are tied to a jobs program-if you don't have a phone, your potential employers have no way to contact you. Or if they are for the handicapped or those with medical problems who need an emergency contact system.

Right and since they have lead in their ass most of the time, they will not be able to find a job because the government does not furnish them a free car. All this free shit needs to stop.

noonwitch
11-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Right and since they have lead in their ass most of the time, they will not be able to find a job because the government does not furnish them a free car. All this free shit needs to stop.

When we had welfare reform in Michigan, under the very conservative republican governor John Engler, the program provided $600 to each adult to either fix an old car that was no longer running, or to use toward the purchase of a different car.

An AT&T Go Phone costs $15-20. They probably cost about $10-15 per unit when purchased in bulk amounts, like the state would do for such a program. This is a small cost compared to other things welfare provides.

lacarnut
11-02-2009, 04:10 PM
When we had welfare reform in Michigan, under the very conservative republican governor John Engler, the program provided $600 to each adult to either fix an old car that was no longer running, or to use toward the purchase of a different car.

An AT&T Go Phone costs $15-20. They probably cost about $10-15 per unit when purchased in bulk amounts, like the state would do for such a program. This is a small cost compared to other things welfare provides.

I could care less who was governor of these stupid give away programs.. Have you been watching the tea parties? Both politicial parties suck! Were there cell phones back in the 50's,60's,70's? No and people survived just fine. Liberal s are some of the stupidist people on the planet. They think that by giving someone a house, a car, food, a cell phone, etc that they will appreciate it. Just the opposite is true. You appreciiate things you work for. Got it.

Eagle
11-02-2009, 06:30 PM
What a bunch of crap (Obama phone).

Rockntractor
11-02-2009, 06:39 PM
What a bunch of crap (Obama phone).
Enough crap to fertilize a very large garden!

mbcollins93
11-07-2009, 07:16 PM
And I thought I had seen it all! Now what "Obama Plasma tvs'?

Rockntractor
11-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Welcome naked person!:D