PDA

View Full Version : First Daughters Not Getting Swine Flu SHot

GrumpyOldLady
10-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Fox News (http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/10/08/first-daughters-not-vaccinated-against-h1n1/)

President Obama's school age daughters have not been vaccinated against the H1N1 flu virus. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs says the vaccine is not available to them based on their risk.

The Centers for Disease Control recommend that children ages 6 months through 18 years of age receive a vaccination against the H1N1 flu virus. At this time only children with chronic medical conditions are receiving the vaccination because their immune system is not strong enough to fight off the strain. The CDC also says a regular seasonal flu shot does not protect against the virus.

Not vaccinated because they are not kids with 'other' health issues?

Malia and Sasha. Didn't Michelle once say that the kids have allergies and asthma? YES!
That's why they were looking for an 'allergy friendly' kind of dog when the kids wanted a puppy.

CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/12/earlyshow/leisure/celebspot/main4595265.shtml)

And what about the first puppy?

"He would like to adopt one (from a shelter)," Gleick says. "Malia, earlier in the year, was interested in getting a Yorkie. She has asthma. They need something that's not allergenic. Barack mentioned a Labra-doodle. Obviously, this is the most hotly-anticipated puppy on the planet."

So why would Obama declare a 'national emergency' about Swine Flu (which I agree with) but then not give his daughters the shot when at least one of them has asthma? Could it be that Obama knows that the shot is more dangerous then what people are saying?

Yep. The Alergy and Asthma Foundation even sent the kids alergy free stuffed animal dogs.

Info from the Alergy and Asthma Foundation (http://www.shoppingblog.com/blog/12020811)

Barack Obama has been receiving pet ideas from all over the world since he announced during his victory speech in Chicago last month that his daughters would be getting a puppy in the White House. Barack Obama said, "Sasha and Malia, I love you both more than you can imagine, and you have earned the new puppy that's coming with us to the White House." 10-year-old Maliah suffers from allergies and this has complicated the pet decision.

The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) is using the dilemma to help educate people about allergies, pets and plush toys. They are donating 2 asthma and allergy friendly plush toy puppies manufactured by Kids Preferred, Inc. to the Obama children to help them with their wait.

The dog offered by the leader in Peru was specifically offered to them because it's the Peruvian legend states that kind of dog can help mitigate asthma.

So were we lied to about the daughter (s?) having alergies and asthma ... to get some sort of sick sympathy thing going?

Or are we being lied to about them being healthy so that Obama won't give the kids the Swine Flu shot??

Gingersnap
10-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Allergies and mild asthma probably don't make the cut in terms of chronic diseases that result in an impaired immune system.

Allergies are the opposite of immune system impairment: they result from an immune system that is too quick to go on the attack. Asthma isn't necessarily triggered by transient respiratory infections. Some people have episodes when they have a cold or cough and a lot of people don't.

I have no use for Obama's administration nor his views on what constitutes a "national emergency" but he's probably getting medical advice about vaccinating his kids from Bethesda. No doubt the dynamic daughter duo will be dutifully trotted out for a vaccination photo-op in another month or two. ;)

GrumpyOldLady
10-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Our daughter has asthma and is considered to be in the 'high risk' category because of it.

Our pediatrician has kittens when ever we don't get her the seasonal flu vaccine.

It is now being claimed by the white house that the kids are just fine in the health dept.

Asthma isn't 'just fine'. It's serious.

They made a huge deal out of it when they went to get a dog.

I'm thinking Obama is avoiding the shot for his kids for some reason.

Sorry, I just don't trust him.

Lars1701a
10-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Please the cynic in me believes they prolly got the shots in secret, no way the magic negro would allow his children to go unproteced.:rolleyes:

Rockntractor
10-26-2009, 11:29 AM
The Flu vaccine is a death serum and when Obama wants to kill us all they will add the activator to chem Trails from airplanes and it will change us all into brain dead zombies that will do his every wish.
Just sayin'

GrumpyOldLady
10-26-2009, 12:57 PM
The Flu vaccine is a death serum and when Obama wants to kill us all they will add the activator to chem Trails from airplanes and it will change us all into brain dead zombies that will do his every wish.
Just sayin'

You forgot about the chip implant thingy. :D

Rebel Yell
10-26-2009, 01:20 PM
My coworker called the health dept. to find out about getting the flu vaccine for her children. She was told they couldn't get it yet, because she's NOT on medicaid. The first shipments are strictly for those covered by medicare, medicaid, and Peach Care (in GA). If you are gonna pay for it yourself or file it on insurance you have to wait until the children of deadbeats get theirs first.

FreeAmerican
10-26-2009, 01:40 PM
My coworker called the health dept. to find out about getting the flu vaccine for her children. She was told they couldn't get it yet, because she's NOT on medicaid. The first shipments are strictly for those covered by medicare, medicaid, and Peach Care (in GA). If you are gonna pay for it yourself or file it on insurance you have to wait until the children of deadbeats get theirs first.

Hey hey hey, that stereotype does not apply to all who have kids on Peach Care. My step kids and my daughter are all three on it. If it were not for Peach Care, our kids would not have coverage. Since changing jobs by no choice of my own, and taking a pay cut of $15-20K/year there is no other way we could afford to have them covered.

ON EDIT: Just for the record no one in my family will be getting the swine flu vaccination by choice. The only person that has had the seasonal flu vaccine was my daughter long before she turned 2.