PDA

View Full Version : Arcadia quiet on eve of president's arrival

SarasotaRepub
10-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Why? Because POTUS doesn't want to meet anyone in Arcadia. (http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20091026/BREAKING/910269972/2055/NEWS?Title=Arcadia-quiet-on-eve-of-president-s-arrival) :rolleyes:

He's there to look at a Solar Power Plant. He's even dissing the local Dems.
"The Public is NOT invited." :D

Eagle
10-26-2009, 05:49 PM
I almost thought that you were talking about Acadia National Park In Maine. Guess the rum and orange juice is not hitting me much tonight.

GrumpyOldLady
10-27-2009, 06:00 AM
Me too. I thought of Acadia in Maine.

FlaGator
10-27-2009, 07:30 AM
Obama was here in town yesterday, speaking at one of the Naval Bases. The news keeps playing a clip where he is defending the delay in a decision to send more troops to Afghanistan suggesting that he is doing this out of his concern for deploying troops in a dangerous situation, without a structured plan with definate goals and properly equipped soldiers. I'm listening to this little sermen thinking what a wimpy way of explaining why he is leaving the soldiers who are there with their butts in the breeze. Get them some help now and nip this thing in the bud.

I think he figures that if a bunch that are already their get killed he can blame in on Bush but if he sends another batch over and they get killed he and his administration will not be able to deflect the blame of it to someone else. I know he sent more troops right after he got elected but he can still blame those deaths on Bush by saying he was online reinforcing troops that were being neglected under the previous administration.

He doesn't want anything to happen that might make his administration look like the failure it is becoming.

samurai
10-27-2009, 11:21 AM
I think this delay, and all the speeches about it, are a big signal (intentional or not) to the terrorists to kill more people, cause more destruction and chaos, and basically "give me a reason NOT to send more troops and I won't, but if nothing really juicy happens, I may have to send them..."