PDA

View Full Version : 2009 World Series : Yankees/Phillies, who you got?

ralph wiggum
10-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Poll to follow and discussion (hopefully)....

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 12:19 AM
Poll to follow and discussion (hopefully)....

Have a feeling not much "discussion" will go on, more like smack talk. :p;)

ralph wiggum
10-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Have a feeling not much "discussion" will go on, more like smack talk. :p;)

All good, Lars.

I take all forms of payment...you want your team to win, have me root for the opposite! Call me Costanza!

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 12:27 AM
All good, Lars.

I take all forms of payment...you want your team to win, have me root for the opposite! Call me Costanza!

PLEASE root for the yanks!!!!! I just want to know if you take checks ;):D

ralph wiggum
10-27-2009, 12:28 AM
PLEASE root for the yanks!!!!! I just want to know if you take checks ;):D

As long as they are three-party, out of state ones that will bounce. :D

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 12:32 AM
As long as they are three-party, out of state ones that will bounce. :D

Are the yanks doing a 4 or 3 man rotation? I know who the first two would be but who would be the 3rd and 4th? Think the phills are going with Lee, Hamles and Padro thought I would go with Blanton as a forth IMHO.

ralph wiggum
10-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Are the yanks doing a 4 or 3 man rotation? I know who the first two would be but who would be the 3rd and 4th? Think the phills are going with Lee, Hamles and Padro thought I would go with Blanton as a forth IMHO.

I could be wrong, but I think I heard that Blanton is going to be the #3. Lee may start game 4 on short rest, and Pedro will be the middle reliever.

Again, I could be wrong.

Molon Labe
10-27-2009, 08:37 AM

The can only pitch Pettite in 3 and 7. He's on short rest otherwise. My thinking is it's a 3 man rotation. With Pettite going in 4 and CC in 1, 3, 7 if it goes the distance. They have Gaudin if they must, but they would rather not. He's a much a liability as your #4 guy.

FlaGator
10-27-2009, 08:50 AM
There should have been a choice for a meteor striking New York or Philly vaporizing both teams and the championship being awared to the Obama administration.

expat-pattaya
10-27-2009, 08:59 AM
I lean towards a yankees win. They have home field, better bullpen, and near equal lineup to the phillies.

The phillies have an edge in starting pitching (which is amazing considering 2 months ago their starters looked very suspect).

It will be a tough series I think. Both teams have the cajones to win it and both are playing well right now.

I think Yanks in 7 but too close to bet the ranch on.

SaintLouieWoman
10-27-2009, 09:08 AM
I lean towards a yankees win. They have home field, better bullpen, and near equal lineup to the phillies.

The phillies have an edge in starting pitching (which is amazing considering 2 months ago their starters looked very suspect).

It will be a tough series I think. Both teams have the cajones to win it and both are playing well right now.

I think Yanks in 7 but too close to bet the ranch on.

Agree with you. I'm not really into it, still too discouraged about the Cards, so guess I'm neutral in the series now. There's always next year, though.

Did you hear that Mark McGwire is returning to the Cards as the batting coach? LaRussa agreed to a one year contract for next year. I guess part of LaRussa's condition to return was to get McGwire to help beef up our offense.

expat-pattaya
10-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Agree with you. I'm not really into it, still too discouraged about the Cards, so guess I'm neutral in the series now. There's always next year, though.

Did you hear that Mark McGwire is returning to the Cards as the batting coach? LaRussa agreed to a one year contract for next year. I guess part of LaRussa's condition to return was to get McGwire to help beef up our offense.

Well, I hope they resign Holliday. That helps the offense more than anything. :D

The first couple of interviews for Mac will be brutal. Guess he has to get past it somehow.

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 10:34 AM

HEY HEY HEY the phills downed the dodgers I would expect a little gratitude. :D

NJCardFan
10-27-2009, 10:57 AM
There are so many factors to consider but the main one for me is the Phils winning 1 in NY. Citizens Bank Park isn't quite the launching pad Yankee Stadium is and this plays into the Phillies' favor. The Phils have a penchant to hit most of their home runs to right center and left center. The Yanks pull a lot of the HR's. You will not see a homerun hit on a broken bat like you would in NY. The other factor here is Cole Hamels. If he can gather himself and pitch like he's capable of, the Yanks are in trouble. As for a #3, I'd pitch Pedro and save Blanton for game 4 unless Manuel wants to peg Lee to pitch games 1, 4, & 7. As for the Yanks, their pitching doesn't scare me at all. We beat up Sabathia in the LDS last year so we know we can hit him. Should be a good series.

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 11:17 AM
There are so many factors to consider but the main one for me is the Phils winning 1 in NY. Citizens Bank Park isn't quite the launching pad Yankee Stadium is and this plays into the Phillies' favor. The Phils have a penchant to hit most of their home runs to right center and left center. The Yanks pull a lot of the HR's. You will not see a homerun hit on a broken bat like you would in NY. The other factor here is Cole Hamels. If he can gather himself and pitch like he's capable of, the Yanks are in trouble. As for a #3, I'd pitch Pedro and save Blanton for game 4 unless Manuel wants to peg Lee to pitch games 1, 4, & 7. As for the Yanks, their pitching doesn't scare me at all. We beat up Sabathia in the LDS last year so we know we can hit him. Should be a good series.

I think the lynch pin is the Phills bullpen, they have been improving and if they can hold on we should win in 6 games.

Lars1701a
10-27-2009, 11:37 AM
WENSDAY COME ALREADY :D

Going to be quite a pitchers duel. I just hope the phills 1 week off hasnt put any rust on them.

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Phillies in 6.

I think there will be a lot of home runs.

patriot45
10-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Phillies in 6.

I think there will be a lot of home runs.

Yankees in 6.

There will be alot of home runs!!:D

JB
10-28-2009, 05:00 PM
It's On. Like Donkey Kong.

Two hours. Pat, better start drinking now. You're gonna need it.

Phillies in 5. I feel you J-ROLL.

:cool:

Bubba Dawg
10-28-2009, 06:39 PM
First World series game in the New Yankee Stadium.

Wow.

patriot45
10-28-2009, 06:41 PM
It's On. Like Donkey Kong.

Two hours. Pat, better start drinking now. You're gonna need it.

Phillies in 5. I feel you J-ROLL.

:cool:

I'm hittin the first vodka and grapefruit juice now! :D Yanks in 6!!!

Bubba Dawg
10-28-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm hittin the first vodka and grapefruit juice now! :D Yanks in 6!!!

Grapefruit juice?

You on a health kick? :D

patriot45
10-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Grapefruit juice?

Variety is the spice of life!

What a great rendition of the Anthem by a former Ranger! National Anthem - edge Yankees! :D

Lars1701a
10-28-2009, 06:54 PM
COME ON PHILLS :D

I am hoping the magic negros wife gets beaned with a ball

Lars1701a
10-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Grapefruit juice?

FRACKING game going on and you mo's are talking about drinks? :confused:

Bubba Dawg
10-28-2009, 06:57 PM
FRACKING game going on and you mo's are talking about drinks? :confused:

Well......YES!!!:p

Bubba Dawg
10-28-2009, 06:58 PM

What a great rendition of the Anthem by a former Ranger! National Anthem - edge Yankees! :D

It was good.

They played the Star Wars music for the intro of the Yankees. Cool.

Good to see Yogi...reminded me of Yoda, :eek:

ralph wiggum
10-28-2009, 07:00 PM

Michelle Obama and Jill Biden make an appearance - advantage Phillies! :D

Bubba Dawg
10-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Jayson Werth looks like the Sham-Wow guy.

Advantage PHILLIES!!!!

http://poritsky.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/nd5rlxvv.jpg

http://redriverpak.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/shamwow_guy.jpg

Bubba Dawg
10-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Phillies ALL OVER teh Yanks. 1-0.

Lars1701a
10-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Thank god they didnt blow that double play call, it looks like the check from the yankees has not cleared yet

Lars1701a
10-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Lights out Lee is cool as the underside of the pillow

Rockntractor
10-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Lights out Lee is cool as the underside of the pillow

posted pick for you.
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=201811&postcount=18

Lars1701a
10-28-2009, 08:59 PM
posted pick for you.
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=201811&postcount=18

Holy crap I would buy that for a dollar.

Bubba Dawg
10-28-2009, 09:20 PM
2 - 0 Phillies in teh seventh.

I'm sleepy.........:(

ralph wiggum
10-28-2009, 09:43 PM
2 - 0 Phillies in teh seventh.

I'm sleepy.........:(

It's been a very good ballgame. Lee is throwing VERY well. I wouldn't fall asleep yet..."Gas Can" Lidge may still make an appearance for the Phillies. :D

Lars1701a
10-28-2009, 10:11 PM
It's been a very good ballgame. Lee is throwing VERY well. I wouldn't fall asleep yet..."Gas Can" Lidge may still make an appearance for the Phillies. :D

No way Lidge is going to get close to this game, besides he is playing better anywho.

VERY WELL, thats a bit of an understatement.

ralph wiggum
10-28-2009, 10:32 PM
No way Lidge is going to get close to this game, besides he is playing better anywho.

VERY WELL, thats a bit of an understatement.

Well, they didn't need Lidge anyway, the Phils scored enough.

Hats off to Cliff Lee, that was a commanding performance. And to Utley as well.

lacarnut
10-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Well, they didn't need Lidge anyway, the Phils scored enough.

Hats off to Cliff Lee, that was a commanding performance. And to Utley as well.

Lee fanned 10 and that catch behind the back was a thing of beauty also. Team that wins the 1st game is an overwhelming favorite to win the series. Go Phils.

patriot45
10-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Lee fanned 10 and that catch behind the back was a thing of beauty also. Team that wins the 1st game is an overwhelming favorite to win the series. Go Phils.

Hats off to Lee! Heck of a game he pitched. I did say it would be 6 games, as Yogi would say it ain't over till its over!

You get first jabs Lars! :D

Lars1701a
10-28-2009, 10:44 PM

At the very least that run wont be charged to Lee's average. I hope padro is fired up :)

I love that first out he caught by just sticking his glove out lol.

NJCardFan
10-28-2009, 10:47 PM
TAKE THAT YANKEES!!!!!! So much for the Yankees throwing their gloves on the field and walking away with this. Now we have the home field advantage.

Lars1701a
10-28-2009, 10:49 PM
TAKE THAT YANKEES!!!!!! So much for the Yankees throwing their gloves on the field and walking away with this. Now we have the home field advantage.

I have not even followed A-rods career but I hate him already. Can you look anymore like a tool when you are at bat? Giving lee that look lol ya that helped you.

Bubba Dawg
10-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Great pitching by Lee. This is gonna be a good series.

NJCardFan
10-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Yanks get game 2 but I didn't think we'd sweep them there anyway. Now we have the home field advantage.