PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Brit Here

C Fabregas
10-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi all,

I live in London and am a member of the Conservative Party (the winners of the next election :D). I've admired American conservatives (true conservatives) for some time, including Rush, Jim DeMint, et. al. I'm particularly a big fan of Sarah Palin's. She, to me, represents the re-incarnation of Maggie, who saved England from the unions. Unfortunately, since, we've had Baloney Tony and Boredom Gordon.

I hope to find in this site fellow conservatives across the pond who will share views, debate points, and with me individually advance the conservative cause through discussion, thought, and reason.

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Hello and welcome. :)

ralph wiggum
10-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Welcome to CU!

Gingersnap
10-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Welcome aboard! We have two of your fellow Brits here as well as others from the Anglosphere. When you get tired of the politics, don't forget to stop by the Lounge for some silliness. :D

Rockntractor
10-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Snif Snif:confused: Snif!

Rockntractor
10-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Okay welcome.:)

C Fabregas
10-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Snif Snif:confused: Snif!

I'm not sure I understand?

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2009, 05:23 PM

He is suspicious of trolls since that whole Billy Goat Gruff incident.

Not to worry.

Rockntractor
10-27-2009, 05:27 PM
(Peeks cautiously from corn field.) Umm hello!

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2009, 05:29 PM
(Peeks cautiously from corn field.) Umm hello!

Nice hat. :)

C Fabregas
10-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Nice hat. :)

Can you tell me why someone whose screen name is "Rockntractor" has a pig for an avatar?

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Can you tell me why someone whose screen name is "Rockntractor" has a pig for an avatar?

He's a Renaissance man.

And pigs are cute. And tasty.

He's also good with goats. And tractors. And rocks.

And computers. I'm sure I'm leaving something out.....

Sonnabend
10-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Why dont you use this one?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__yGAwoTVvQg/SJnREWf-NoI/AAAAAAAAAwU/AxIdeJa3Ry8/s400/larry.jpg

It's the one you usually use, isnt it?

Gingersnap
10-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Why dont you use this one?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__yGAwoTVvQg/SJnREWf-NoI/AAAAAAAAAwU/AxIdeJa3Ry8/s400/larry.jpg

It's the one you usually use, isnt it?

What is that? Is it from 'Aladdin'? I usually hate those Disney cartoons.

Goldwater
10-27-2009, 08:40 PM

A guy in a disco suit is from Aladdin?

Ginger please.

PoliCon
10-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Greetings and salutations my fine Anglo-Saxon friend. :) Welcome to a small island of sanity - painted liberally with insanity - in a larger sea of internet bullshit. :D Don't mind goatboy he's got a bit of an identity crisis going. . . . . not uncommon when you live in the south and your mother is also your grandmother . . . . .

Sonnabend
10-27-2009, 10:39 PM

It's Leisure Suit Larry...Cold Warrior's favourite avatar.

SaintLouieWoman
10-27-2009, 10:42 PM
It's Leisure Suit Larry...Cold Warrior's favourite avatar.
You can tell by his praise of Palin!! :rolleyes: It's a bit obvious that it's someone toying with us. I think the Conservative Brit might be trying a bit too much to be oh, so conservative. :D

Dan D. Doty
10-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Welcome aboard CF and greetings from the Nexus of the Universe.

BTW, have you ever visited the US?

bijou
10-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi there, I take it from your screen name that you are a Gooner like our late member Crystal Wizard.
But on the chance you are legit, welcome and don't be put off by some initial suspicion.

C Fabregas
10-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Hi there, I take it from your screen name that you are a Gooner like our late member Crystal Wizard.
But on the chance you are legit, welcome and don't be put off by some initial suspicion.

Well, there seems to be some confusion. I've been assumed to be someone called Cold Warrior, but you call me Crystal Wizard.

I live in NW3 near Kilburn Park. Should I be a fan of Harry's boys and Robbie ("I've played for every team in the world") Keane? I prefer the beautiful game as practiced by the best manager in the League, thank you. If that makes me somebody else, well, I apologize for that. Nevetheless, I'll take the Emirates over White Hart Lane any day.

Bubba Dawg
10-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Is Gooner another term for a mid-fielder?:confused:

Rockntractor
10-28-2009, 06:41 PM
I thought that was when you fall down a well!

Bubba Dawg
10-28-2009, 07:00 PM
I thought that was when you fall down a well!

This is a pig: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

This is a pig in a well: weeeeeeeeeeeee....

Rockntractor
10-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Back on topic. Welcome Brit dude whoever you are today!
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0910/postman-pat-post-man-pat-english-demotivational-poster-1256773943.jpg

C Fabregas
10-29-2009, 01:22 AM

A Gooner is a supporter of the Arsenal Gunners.

C Fabregas
10-29-2009, 01:34 AM
Back on topic. Welcome Brit dude whoever you are today!
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0910/postman-pat-post-man-pat-english-demotivational-poster-1256773943.jpg

Very apt as we're beginning a three day postal strike here today.

samurai
10-29-2009, 01:54 AM
Welcome aboard C! Don't mind the suspicious folks... I say trust new posters until they give some real indication that they are lefties in disguise.

Britain has many issues currently that are threatening it's future, but hopefully the British electorate is heading in the Right direction now and has had enough of the political correctness, the Islamization, the punishment of people who are merely protecting themselves, etc. America needs allies in the world, and few have been as steadfast as Britain. It's a shame Obama keeps snubbing the country with insulting gifts like a bunch of wrong-region DVDs and refusing to meet or talk with delegates. I hope and trust that the British people realize that Obama does not represent the feelings of all Americans toward Britain.

C Fabregas
10-29-2009, 02:39 AM
Welcome aboard C! Don't mind the suspicious folks... I say trust new posters until they give some real indication that they are lefties in disguise.

Thanks. Does this Crystal Wizard/Cold Warrior chap (I assume they're the same person, given the similarity of the names) live in the UK as well? Is he a Brit? I see a thread in the Lounge about him. He seems to be both liked and disliked intensely.

Ah well, you can't control what other people think. So why worry about it?

obx
10-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Welcome from the occupied south.
________
Yz450F (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_YZ450F)

linda22003
10-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Welcome from the occupied south.

Occupied? Aren't the tourists mostly out of Dare County by this time of year?

C Fabregas
11-02-2009, 04:02 PM

I think, Mr. Dawg, you're thinking of a Silly Mid-Off or a Silly Mid-On. But that's a different sport and, besides, the wench is dead.

Bubba Dawg
11-02-2009, 06:19 PM
A Gooner is a supporter of the Arsenal Gunners.

So, by definition, a Gooner is stylish, well spoken and intellectual.

And has good taste in whisky, goes without saying, eh wot.. :D