PDA

View Full Version : Public Option; The War is ON!

Apocalypse
10-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Lieberman ready to filibuster Reid’s public option bill (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/28788.html)

Sen. Joe Lieberman (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/28097.html) (I-Conn.) said Tuesday that he’d back a GOP filibuster of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s health care reform bill.

Lieberman, who caucuses with Democrats and is positioning himself as a fiscal hawk on the issue, said he opposes any health care bill that includes a government-run insurance program (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/28759.html) — even if it includes a provision allowing states to opt out of the program, as Reid has said the Senate bill will.

"We're trying to do too much at once," Lieberman said. “To put this government-created insurance company on top of everything else is just asking for trouble for the taxpayers, for the premium payers and for the national debt. I don’t think we need it now."

Asked about Lieberman’s threat to filibuster a final vote on the Reid (http://topics.politico.com/index.cfm/topic/HarryReid) plan, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said: "I haven't seen the report from Sen. Lieberman or why he's saying what he's saying. I think Democrats and Republicans alike will be held accountable by their constituents who want to see health care reform (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/28761.html) enacted this year.”

Lieberman said that he’d vote against a public option plan “even with an opt-out because it still creates a whole new government entitlement program for which taxpayers will be on the line."

---------------------------
http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/health-care/exclusive-robust-public-option-lacks-votes-to-pass-house-internal-whip-count-document-shows/

Clyburn told the assembled members at the meeting that the leadership does not have the votes to pass the robust public option, according to a House progressive familiar with the meeting. That sparked aggressive pushback from liberals, who argued that leadership — and the White House — should be working harder to win over the remaining votes the bill needs.

The document shows that 47 House Dems are committed No votes, and eight are Leaning No, for a total of 56. That means of 256 House Dems, only 200 remain, and a dozen of those are listed as undecided. The bill needs 218 votes for passage.

House progressives argue that the document should light a fire under Dem leaders. One House progressive tells me he’s convinced that most of the undecideds, and a number of the No votes, can be won over with the right mix of pressure and incentives — which only the House leadership and the White House can provide.

PoliCon
10-27-2009, 08:37 PM
HEY GATES - its you and your side that are going to be held accountable. Your far left base is going to be pissed that you failed - and the middle is going to see you can't be trusted and vote right. :cool:

patriot45
10-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Asked about Lieberman’s threat to filibuster a final vote on the Reid plan, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said: "I haven't seen the report from Sen. Lieberman or why he's saying what he's saying. I think Democrats and Republicans alike will be held accountable by their constituents who want to see health care reform enacted this year.”

Gibbs is a joke, I can't believe the press corps don't eat him alive, he is ripe for it, what sissies!

The Family Guy!! haha!

On the OP, I believe Lieberman might just make the jump to Republican soon, the left hates his guts.

AmPat
10-28-2009, 10:03 AM
This is the kind of politician we need. He votes his principles and not because his party drank the Kool Aid. If all pols did this, we wouldn't be talking about a bill this controversial, it would never have made it to the floor.

DIMS will regret shoving this down our throats. They are hell-bent to pass this unwanted, unecessary, and hugely bankrupting bill. They will be the sole owners of this "last straw" that ended at best, the best health care in exstence and at worst, the best government on the planet. Nice work DIMTARDS, keep it up. The people got fooled by OBlah Blah once, let's see what happens over the next two election cycles.

Apache
10-28-2009, 10:20 AM
I believe Lieberman might just make the jump to Republican soon, the left hates his guts.I don't think so, Joe is too far left on way too many issues

djones520
10-29-2009, 03:14 PM
This is the kind of politician we need. He votes his principles and not because his party drank the Kool Aid. If all pols did this, we wouldn't be talking about a bill this controversial, it would never have made it to the floor.

DIMS will regret shoving this down our throats. They are hell-bent to pass this unwanted, unecessary, and hugely bankrupting bill. They will be the sole owners of this "last straw" that ended at best, the best health care in exstence and at worst, the best government on the planet. Nice work DIMTARDS, keep it up. The people got fooled by OBlah Blah once, let's see what happens over the next two election cycles.

McCain does exactly that, and he gets eaten alive here.

lacarnut
10-29-2009, 04:18 PM
McCain does exactly that, and he gets eaten alive here.

That's because he is not a conservative. The last thing we need is more RINO's. I would like to see all of them switch parties rather contaminate the pool. Just because I might admire someone for voting his or her convictions does not mean they get a free pass.

djones520
10-29-2009, 04:24 PM
That's because he is not a conservative. The last thing we need is more RINO's. I would like to see all of them switch parties rather contaminate the pool. Just because I might admire someone for voting his or her convictions does not mean they get a free pass.

Lieberman isn't a conservative period. The ACU (American Conservative Union) gives McCain a 63% and Leiberman 8%.

So we only want Politicians to stick to their principles when it's something we agree with? The moment it's against something we agree with, their just drinking the coolaid, or a RINO, or something like that. If thats the case, then don't toss out crap like "I like it when they stick to their principles." Just be honest and say you like it when they are willing to go with what you agree with.

lacarnut
10-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Lieberman isn't a conservative period. The ACU (American Conservative Union) gives McCain a 63% and Leiberman 8%.

So we only want Politicians to stick to their principles when it's something we agree with? The moment it's against something we agree with, their just drinking the coolaid, or a RINO, or something like that.

Let me put it to you in plain English. McCain has done considerable damage to the Repub. party. The campaign reform bill limited contributions by Corporations while not limiting contributions from other groups like unions and lawyers.

GWB and McCain were outspent by their Democratic opponents by a 2-1 margin. I can not help it if you do not understand that money talks and bull shit walks. McCain also is a self centered asshole who never got over his defeat in the primaries, and who loves to get his mug on TV with Obama and the Democrats. I betcha, he gets a tingly feeling running up his legs when Obama mentions him in his speeches.

djones520
10-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Let me put it to you in plain English. McCain has done considerable damage to the Repub. party. The campaign reform bill limited contributions by Corporations while not limiting contributions from other groups like unions and lawyers.

GWB and McCain were outspent by their Democratic opponents by a 2-1 margin. I can not help it if you do not understand that money talks and bull shit walks. McCain also is a self centered asshole who never got over his defeat in the primaries, and who loves to get his mug on TV with Obama and the Democrats. I betcha, he gets a tingly feeling running up his legs when Obama mentions him in his speeches.

We're not talking about issues Lacar. We're talking about sticking to principles. We are praising one man for sticking to his principles when we agree with them, but we attack others for sticking to them when we don't. Just a bit of hypocrisy there.

lacarnut
10-29-2009, 05:23 PM
We're not talking about issues Lacar. We're talking about sticking to principles. We are praising one man for sticking to his principles when we agree with them, but we attack others for sticking to them when we don't. Just a bit of hypocrisy there.

The topic is about Liberman and him voting against the public option until you injected McCain's name out of the wild blue yonder. BTW, I have not praised ANY politician in many, many, many, moons.

PoliCon
10-29-2009, 05:37 PM
I'll praise Ted Kennedy. It's been months since he's said or done anything stupid.

Del Rio Roy
10-29-2009, 06:59 PM

"LIBERTY....NOT TYRANNY" {quote from MARK LEVIN}