PDA

View Full Version : BVM To Make 'Major Statement' At Irish Shrine.

Gingersnap
10-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Thousands gather as Virgin Mary set to make major statement at Knock shrine

Church moves to quash claims, saying they damage Irish Catholic faith
By KELLY FINCHAM, Irish Central.com Editor

Published Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 9:23 AM
Updated Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 10:57 AM

Thousands of Irish people claim to have witnessed apparitions of the Virgin Mary in the skies over Knock shrine in Co Mayo. About 5,000 people gathered at the holy Catholic shrine earlier this month amid a Dublin-based clairvoyant's predictions that an apparition would appear on October 11.

They reported that they could see images of the Virgin Mary shimmering in the sky as the sun danced nearby.

Another apparition has been predicted by the same clairvoyant, Joe Coleman, for this weekend and several thousand people are expected to make the pilgrimage to Knock. Mr Coleman claimed: “I have seen her twice in recent months in the Gable chapel at Knock. The statue comes alive, she opens her arms, a lovely pink cloak comes around her, there are stars above her head, she turned into Jesus, then to Padre Pio and then back to herself. While the vision is happening, I can see nothing else in the chapel.

“She has told me she wants to make the biggest statement she has ever made on this earth. Knock is the spiritual heart of Ireland.”

Now, Catholic officials have moved to clamp down on the claims saying the faithful are in danger of being misled. Archbishop of Tuam Dr Michael Neary has said the gatherings at the Mayo pilgrimage site should be discouraged because they could undermine faith in Ireland.

"Unfortunately, recent events at the shrine obscure this essential message. They risk misleading God’s people and undermining faith," he said.

I seriously doubt that this situation could seriously "undermine" any of the faithful. Those who enjoy believing in this kind of thing will believe it and those who don't will ignore it. Nobody is going to hear of this and suddenly have some kind of crisis of faith. :rolleyes:

Irish Central (http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Thousands-witness-apparitions-of-Virgin-Mary-in-skies-over-Knock-shrine-66378947.html)

Rockntractor
10-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Every now in then a virgin is seen in Oklahoma. It's very rare though!

GrumpyOldLady
10-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Catholic officials have moved to clamp down on the claims saying the faithful are in danger of being misled. Archbishop of Tuam Dr Michael Neary has said the gatherings at the Mayo pilgrimage site should be discouraged because they could undermine faith in Ireland

It's a bunch of bunk and the Catholic Church has already put the skids on it.
The 'knock apparitions' ended a long time ago and were 'approved'.
Nothing new can be added to that which has ended and has already been ruled on.
These faux-apparitions are not part of that.
It's either people faking it or it's demonic activity trying to make Christians look silly.
Either way, the Church has made it's statement about it being bad and the Catholics there
are supposed to abide by that statement.

Gingersnap
10-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Bumping for believers. ;)

Elspeth
10-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Is the BVM against this health care bill? In that case, I believe!

:)