PDA

View Full Version : Gavin Newsom drops out of California governor race

Zathras
10-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Gavin Newsom drops out of California governor race

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) – San Francisco's Democratic mayor, Gavin Newsom, withdrew on Friday from next year's race for California governor.

"With a young family and responsibilities at city hall, I have found it impossible to commit the time required to complete this effort the way it needs to -- and should be -- done," Newsom said in a statement.

His withdrawal leaves Jerry Brown, the state's attorney general and a former governor, as the leading Democratic contender to succeed Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is prohibited from running again by California's term-limits law.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091030/pl_nm/us_california_governor_1

That's good news for California....Newsom will be limited in his idiocy to San Francisco only.

PoliCon
10-30-2009, 07:42 PM

That's good news for California....Newsom will be limited in his idiocy to San Francisco only.Any word on who the GOP is going to put up?

Elspeth
10-30-2009, 09:23 PM

That's good news for California....Newsom will be limited in his idiocy to San Francisco only.

WOOHOO!!!:D

Lars1701a
10-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Any word on who the GOP is going to put up?

Does it matter? It prolly be an even bigger Rino the Arnold.

lacarnut
10-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Does it matter? It prolly be an even bigger Rino the Arnold.

An Independent might come forth and run against all the liberal D & R turds; winning would be far fetched but a good showing would make the political establishment take notice.

BadCat
11-01-2009, 05:23 PM
I have a hard time stomaching the fact that libtool was once banging Kimberly Guilfoyle.

xavierob82
11-01-2009, 09:05 PM
That's quite unfortunate.:( A fiscal centrist, businessman, socially progressive...he's my kind of Democrat. Now I wonder who will fix the GOP/Schwarzenegger mess in California?

djones520
11-01-2009, 09:30 PM
That's quite unfortunate.:( A fiscal centrist, businessman, socially progressive...he's my kind of Democrat. Now I wonder who will fix the GOP/Schwarzenegger mess in California?

Sure as hell wouldn't have been a San Fransisco politician. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
11-01-2009, 10:09 PM

You like smoking crack donchya

Rockntractor
11-01-2009, 10:17 PM
You like smoking crack donchya
He shows up maybe once a week and says something stupid and leaves. What a piss poor troll!

Zathras
11-02-2009, 12:25 PM
That's quite unfortunate.:( A fiscal centrist, businessman, socially progressive...he's my kind of Democrat.

Yeah, your kind of Democrat...the kind that has turned San Francisco into the shithole it is today thanks to the policies they've enacted there.

Now I wonder who will fix the GOP/Schwarzenegger mess in California?

I didn't realise that the GOP was in control of the Assembly and the Senate here in California...oh wait...THEY'RE NOT!!!! The Dems have been in control of those 2 institutions, where the laws are voted on and given life, for as long as I can remember....and I have a LONG memory being 50. And Ahnuld being a part of the GOP? In name only, in name only. To blame the mess that is the state of California on the GOP is one of the most idiotic things one can say and only one of limited intelligence would say it...which is why I'm not surprised that you would say it.