PDA

View Full Version : Morality is the new enemy....

stsinner
10-31-2009, 09:25 PM
The latest addition to the TLC lineup is the fag flower designer.. This guy is queer as a $3 bill, and he's the latest and greatest.. It's really disgusting how stations are now forcing on us the immoral like it's just okay.. We used to have standards.. The last think I want to see or I want my kids to see is a fag arranging flowers... That's woman's work!!! What dude is a florist?

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/flowers-uncut/flowers-uncut.html

wilbur
10-31-2009, 09:48 PM
The latest addition to the TLC lineup is the fag flower designer.. This guy is queer as a $3 bill, and he's the latest and greatest.. It's really disgusting how stations are now forcing on us the immoral like it's just okay.. We used to have standards.. The last think I want to see or I want my kids to see is a fag arranging flowers... That's woman's work!!! What dude is a florist?

Then change the channel.

Rockntractor
10-31-2009, 09:53 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/420.gif?t=1257040371

djones520
10-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Then change the channel.

He can't do that. HE MUST WATCH IT. Who are you to tell him to turn away? :rolleyes:

I'd really love to expand on this, but the sheer levels of anger your (stsinner) idiotic post brought up in me is best just left alone.

FlaGator
10-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Morality has always been the enemy to those who would choose an amoral existence.

djones520
10-31-2009, 10:14 PM
Morality has always been the enemy to those who would choose an amoral existence.

What is amoral about a possibly gay man being on tv arranging flowers?

Please, can anyone explain this to me? Do these people not deserve to succeed in life?

FlaGator
10-31-2009, 10:29 PM
What is amoral about a possibly gay man being on tv arranging flowers?

Please, can anyone explain this to me? Do these people not deserve to succeed in life?

Did I say there was something amoral about a guy arranging flowers? I was commenting on the concept of morality being the new enemy. To some it has always been the enemy.

If a guy wants to arrange flowers that is fine by me. What a persons does for hobby or career only speaks to what they find interesting. Rosie Greer likes knitting and I've never for a second considered him gay, just a guy who likes to knit.

Everyone deserves a chance to do well and I support them no matter their sexual preference, color of their skin or nationality. I would personally support the right for gays to marry if they just wouldn't force religious institutions who find homosexuality immoral. I'm pretty open minded (liberal as I've been told) about this stuff. I do draw the line where it crosses paths with what happens inside my worship and attempts to force its way of looking at things on my way of looking at things

Sonnabend
10-31-2009, 10:53 PM
The last think I want to see or I want my kids to see is a fag arranging flowers... That's woman's work!!!

"woman's work"?

You have GOT to be kidding me :rolleyes:

This is 2009....not 1709.

Oh yeah...I forgot...you're a Truther....my bad.

lacarnut
10-31-2009, 11:11 PM
The latest addition to the TLC lineup is the fag flower designer.. This guy is queer as a $3 bill, and he's the latest and greatest.. It's really disgusting how stations are now forcing on us the immoral like it's just okay.. We used to have standards.. The last think I want to see or I want my kids to see is a fag arranging flowers...

Two punks for sure.

PoliCon
10-31-2009, 11:26 PM

Dear God are you a biggot. :rolleyes: Not everyone who arranges flowers is gay.

FYI: I worked as a florist while I was going to school - I specialized in Funeral pieces.

NJCardFan
11-01-2009, 05:19 AM

Hightower from Police Academy was a florist.

Seriously though. It isn't like this is a 1 hour TV show of the guy sucking cock. He's a florist arranging flowers.

hampshirebrit
11-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Hightower from Police Academy was a florist.

Seriously though. It isn't like this is a 1 hour TV show of the guy sucking cock. He's a florist arranging flowers.

Exactly. Is watching a homosexual arrange flowers on TV that much of an issue? It is not going to turn the audience gay, is it? :confused:

PoliCon
11-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Exactly. Is watching a homosexual arrange flowers on TV that much of an issue? It is not going to turn the audience gay, is it? :confused:

it threatens his masculinity it seems . . . .

linda22003
11-01-2009, 12:24 PM
I can't imagine spending an hour watching flower arranging even if Chuck Norris was doing it. :rolleyes:

AmPat
11-01-2009, 01:22 PM
This dude.:D
http://i35.tinypic.com/500f20.jpg

Sonnabend
11-01-2009, 03:13 PM
I wonder what other chores he considers "women's work" :rolleyes:

Last Samurai
11-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Turning Stallions into Geldings? :rolleyes:

GG

linda22003
11-01-2009, 05:12 PM

All of them. :cool:

Rockntractor
11-01-2009, 05:42 PM

BJ's

djones520
11-01-2009, 05:48 PM
BJ's

The way he protests so much... one has to wonder.

hampshirebrit
11-01-2009, 05:50 PM
The way he protests so much... one has to wonder.

LOL! :D I was wondering who would be the first with this.

C Fabregas
11-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Whilst everyone here seems to be attacking the OP, he does have a point. We have what you would call fags all over the telly here and it's disgusting. Unless the culture actively works to uphold society's moral values, they tend to decay into a morass of immorality.

asdf2231
11-02-2009, 03:10 AM
Dear God are you a biggot. :rolleyes: Not everyone who arranges flowers is gay.

FYI: I worked as a florist while I was going to school - I specialized in Funeral pieces.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/asdf2231/shortbus/homo.png

:D

Rockntractor
11-02-2009, 03:10 AM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/modifying-post-demotivational-poste.jpg?t=1257145795

AlmostThere
11-02-2009, 10:33 AM
I can't imagine spending an hour watching flower arranging even if Chuck Norris was doing it. :rolleyes:

If it was a young Steven Segal my wife might disagree with you. :eek:

linda22003
11-02-2009, 10:47 AM
If it was a young Steven Segal my wife might disagree with you. :eek:

Oh, a young Steven Seagal.... that would be a show about watching paint dry, with his one, unchanging, I'm-trying-to-understand-let alone remember- my lines expression.

http://www.deadline.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/stevenseagal.jpg

http://krossfire.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/steven-seagal-is-recording-a-new-album-in-memphis-2.jpg

http://geekadelphia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/steven_segal.jpg

noonwitch
11-02-2009, 11:28 AM
My periondontist sent me flowers last week, after leaving my face all bruised and swollen.

I don't really care about the orientation or sexual habits of whomever arranged the flowers. They were beautiful, which was all I cared about.

I don't really want to watch a show about flower arranging. I don't like home decor shows, either. I could park on the couch and watch the Food Network for hours, especially Paula Deen and the Neelys. They are all so nice.

Gingersnap
11-02-2009, 01:28 PM

Well, if he was naked.....

linda22003
11-02-2009, 01:35 PM
No. Just.... no.

Gingersnap
11-02-2009, 01:42 PM
No. Just.... no.

I dunno.....he's been using that Total Gym since the Civil War. :p

linda22003
11-02-2009, 01:47 PM
So in other words, he is doing better than the aforementioned Steven Seagal, who is now completely indistinguishable from Jim Belushi.
http://www.paunchstevenson.com/photos/seagal-guitar-300x380.jpg

PoliCon
11-02-2009, 04:21 PM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/asdf2231/shortbus/homo.png

:D

Yea I know. :rolleyes: Anyone who has any kind of artistic talent must be gay.

C Fabregas
11-02-2009, 04:43 PM
I dunno.....he's been using that Total Gym since the Civil War. :p

Not sure what you mean by "Total Gym," but you have to admit he's a brilliant commentator on politics and culture. I read his commentary every week and usually he's spot on!

Speedy
11-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Gays have a right to be gay. I have a right to be "tolerant" of their silly lifestyle but do not have to accept it as anything less than weird and kinda sick.

asdf2231
11-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Yea I know. :rolleyes: Anyone who has any kind of artistic talent must be gay.

Nah...

Just you. :p:D

BadCat
11-02-2009, 05:31 PM
The worst is the Food Channel.

There are more fags on that than in a San Francisco bath house on BJ night.

Why do I care what a genetic/social DEFECT thinks about food?

stsinner
11-02-2009, 09:27 PM
LOL... I really brought the crying and name calling out of the woodwork with that one.. We could have predicted a blow-by -blow on that one pretty accurately beforehand... Oh, God, that was funny to read! Good thread!

Wonder how many of the appeasers and acceptors of the gayification movement here go to church on Sunday and act like they worship! Conservatives, my ass..

djones520
11-02-2009, 09:31 PM
LOL... I really brought the crying and name calling out of the woodwork with that one.. We could have predicted a blow-by -blow on that one pretty accurately beforehand... Oh, God, that was funny to read! Good thread!

Wonder how many of the appeasers and acceptors of the gayification movement here go to church on Sunday and act like they worship! Conservatives, my ass..

If being conservative means being a hateful bigoted douchebag, then call me progressive. :rolleyes:

stsinner
11-02-2009, 09:33 PM
If being conservative means being a hateful bigoted douchebag, then call me progressive. :rolleyes:

If obeying the Bible makes me a bigoted douchebag, then call me a Catholic, and learn to use derrogatory adjectives and adverbs properly.

djones520
11-02-2009, 09:42 PM
If obeying the Bible makes me a bigoted douchebag, then call me a Catholic, and learn to use derrogatory adjectives and adverbs properly.

The bible teaches you to get online and post a ranting screed about how the gays are indoctrinating America to be immoral, because a man is on tv arranging flowers?

I missed that part of it.

stsinner
11-02-2009, 09:50 PM
The bible teaches you to get online and post a ranting screed about how the gays are indoctrinating America to be immoral, because a man is on tv arranging flowers?

I missed that part of it.

Are you too blind to see that the government is forcing immorality on us and trying to make us think more and more that it's normal as they make any theological discussion seem absurd and try to legislate morality and what's right and wrong? These fag shows are simply meant to further the acceptance of something that should be private and between those sick, consenting adults in the bedroom.. The lisp and flamboyant ways are unnecessary in order to be gay.. The fag can be very successful at arranging flowers all day long without anyone ever knowing his sexuality and without acting like a total flaming queer. I guess I wouldn't have too much problem with a man doing woman's work if that tickles their fancy.. I know, some really progressive among you think that it's not woman's work, but if you're honest with yourself you know probably 95% of florists are women... Sorry, Policon, the fact that you did it doesn't make it any less gay.. It's something that traditionally women do. I get it that sometimes mean want to take on women's work, and women fought to get into all-male military schools, but I could just do without knowing the guy was fag, but he makes it plainly obvious, and I think that's the only reason he got the show..

Remember: Abnormal is the new normal.

wilbur
11-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Are you too blind to see that the government is forcing immorality on us and trying to make us think more and more that it's normal as they make any theological discussion seem absurd and try to legislate morality and what's right and wrong? These fag shows are simply meant to further the acceptance of something that should be private and between those sick, consenting adults in the bedroom.. The lisp and flamboyant ways are unnecessary in order to be gay.. The fag can be very successful at arranging flowers all day long without anyone ever knowing his sexuality and without acting like a total flaming queer. I guess I wouldn't have too much problem with a man doing woman's work if that tickles their fancy.. I know, some really progressive among you think that it's not woman's work, but if you're honest with yourself you know probably 95% of florists are women... Sorry, Policon, the fact that you did it doesn't make it any less gay.. It's something that traditionally women do. I get it that sometimes mean want to take on women's work, and women fought to get into all-male military schools, but I could just do without knowing the guy was fag, but he makes it plainly obvious, and I think that's the only reason he got the show..

Remember: Abnormal is the new normal.

You guys saw it here first. Its a government conspiracy to legislate immorality through a show about flowers on the TLC!

Rockntractor
11-02-2009, 09:59 PM
You guys saw it here first. Its a government conspiracy to legislate immorality through a show about flowers on the TLC!

When are you coming out of the closet Wilbur?

Bubba Dawg
11-02-2009, 10:03 PM

Okay, Wilbur, that was funny. :D

asdf2231
11-02-2009, 10:07 PM

Hell they started down that road when they started flouridating the drinking water. Why do you think so many more people caught the Ghey after that started? Purity Of Essence my friend...

Rockntractor
11-02-2009, 10:07 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/wilbur-demotivational-poster-125721.jpg?t=1257213968

djones520
11-02-2009, 10:14 PM

This goes beyond the Obama administration at that. I saw men of "questionable" sexuality on TLC and HGTV during the Bush administration as well. So the Republicans are trying to make you teh gay as well. Beware everyone. Make sure you don't let them touch you. I hear it's transmitted through contact.

:rolleyes:

lurkalot
11-02-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm still stuck on "woman's work"....
woman's work? what sort of knuckle dragging neanderthal fifth grade drop out even can type those words?

stsinner
11-02-2009, 10:40 PM
woman's work? what sort of knuckle dragging neanderthal fifth grade drop out even can type those words?

LOL... I still believe that men and women have roles in society that they are better suited for.. Women may want to think that they can do everything as well as a man and vice-versa, but the fact is that no woman has ever run a marathon any faster than the top man. Never! A woman has never been the fist finisher in a co-ed marathon.. Know why? Because on average men's hearts are 20% bigger than a womans.. Go ahead and try to debunk that one...
You can wish for it all you want, but men and women are, in fact different and better suited for different things.. Being a florist may not be something that women are better suited for, but it's traditionally something that women have done. And just as with women in combat, which we're more heavily relying on all the time.. If a woman can't carry my son's 180lb wounded body out of the combat zone like the man next to her can, she has no business being there. Would you progressives actually not think it wierd for a couple to have a relationship such that the woman cut the grass and maintained the automobiles and home exterior and the man cooked the meals and took care of the children? You people who act like there aren't traditional roles are really something else.. I have to think that you're just fucking with me..

I think women make better mommies and homemakers than men do. GASP!!! I think women have better organizational skills than men do... I know, I'm such a sexist... Oh, puke... Of course Hillary Clinton could have stayed home and baked cookies all day, but she decided to do something with her life... LOL
I can't even mix up the letters in conservative and spell progressive... I think a few of you may be in the wrong place....

djones520
11-02-2009, 10:40 PM

Hey, the bible told him it's womans work. Who are you to question that?

lurkalot
11-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Hey, the bible told him it's womans work. Who are you to question that?

Okay, somebody hold me back! I am about to open me a big o' can of whup ass....:mad:

stsinner
11-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Okay, somebody hold me back! I am about to open me a big o' can of whup ass....:mad:

LOL.. Bring it...
Progressive ideology against tradition.... Any time.. Plus, I never said what he said I said about woman's work-of course that was about homosexuality and the bible, but the last refuge of the fool is dishonesty.

You have to love how, around these parts, when SR makes people mods, they all of a sudden think they're smarter than everyone else and that the way they think is the only right way.. I get a real kick out of that!

I know it's real hard to hold the majority opinion on the board and not think for yourself or have any individual thoughts.. takes a lot of grit and determination.. Maybe if you keep working at it and calling enough names and insulting people who don't think exactly as you think, you can have the board filled with people who think exactly like you do! After all, you seem to be really into diversity! God forbid someone sing out of tune.

lurkalot
11-02-2009, 11:08 PM
LOL SR didn't have to make me a mod to make me aware of my superior intellect, ask any of the people on here who have known me for close to five years now...I was well aware :)
Personally your beliefs don't affect me one way or another. Like a t.v. channel that annoys me I would change it rather than throw a hissy tantrum demanding I be "protected" from it first before getting my fat ass off the couch to find the remote.... ;)
It does make me sad though that the image of male superiority continues, as it does too often play out in young women getting involved in abusive relationships with dominating males that feel it is their right to control and the women who feel they have no choice. Its those that don't have the option to realize there are other ways in life that are doomed to be trapped.
I am very happy for you that you are proud of having an outie pee pee instead of an innie...and you can certainly tell your son's that they are much superior to your daughters because of this as well. And in MY house I will continue to encourage my daughter to learn, challenge and expand her life so that she is never subjective to anyone, male or female...
Oh, and as for the church comment a few posts back, I rarely go to church anymore as I got rather sick and tired of the hypocrites throwing random out of context bible passages to justify the size of their anatomy :D

stsinner
11-02-2009, 11:17 PM
LOL SR didn't have to make me a mod to make me aware of my superior intellect, ask any of the people on here who have known me for close to five years now...I was well aware :)
Personally your beliefs don't affect me one way or another. Like a t.v. channel that annoys me I would change it rather than throw a hissy tantrum demanding I be "protected" from it first before getting my fat ass off the couch to find the remote.... ;)
It does make me sad though that the image of male superiority continues, as it does too often play out in young women getting involved in abusive relationships with dominating males that feel it is their right to control and the women who feel they have no choice. Its those that don't have the option to realize there are other ways in life that are doomed to be trapped.
I am very happy for you that you are proud of having an outie pee pee instead of an innie...and you can certainly tell your son's that they are much superior to your daughters because of this as well. And in MY house I will continue to encourage my daughter to learn, challenge and expand her life so that she is never subjective to anyone, male or female...
Oh, and as for the church comment a few posts back, I rarely go to church anymore as I got rather sick and tired of the hypocrites throwing random out of context bible passages to justify the size of their anatomy :D

LOL.. You aren't very bright, contrary to your first blathering in that post.. I never once said one damned thing about being superior to women.. I said that women and men both have things that each is better suited for, and neither is more valuable than the other! I never once placed a value on anything that either does.. I also said that I don't think that women can't be educated and earn more than men, I simply think that they should likely do it in different areas of employment where it will be EASIER for them because they have the analytical skills and whatnot to do these things better than men.. I hope my daughters earn more than me-it should be every parents' goal to have their kids have a better life than they had, and to facilitate that I'll encourage them to get their degrees and get those scholarships.. I would, however want my daughters to earn their fortunes in a comfortable office, and not replacing tractor-trailer tires or working at the maintenance department at the local Chevy dealership.. That's for the sons... But when they bring a man home to meet me, I won't be pleased if he's not employed and has the ability to provide for my daughters.. I think that the traditional roles of men as the providers is valid, although in today's economy the women are gaining in leaps and bounds in that department due to no fault of their own.. Hell, I just spent a year and a half being a house-husband because engineering jobs, or manufacturing jobs at all, are hard to come by around here, so my wife worked and I raised the kids and cooked the meals and did everything I could to help out, including vacuuming! . I didn't do it nearly as good as she could do it and has done it, but I worked my ass off at it and was of some value to the family. But she is much better at it, and I'd reverse the roles in a minute.. Now I'm working again, and she's home on maternity leave, and that's working out much better.. There's nothing wrong with tradition. It doesn't mean that women aren't valuable in the slightest-I think that being a mother is the toughest job anyone could ever do, especially in the teenage years, and women simply do it better, in my opinion. Men can be as well-intentioned as they want, but nothing can replace the nurturing of a mother.. So I, in no way, said that women are inferior to men.. Both are better at jobs that without them the other wouldn't be successful.

Rockntractor
11-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Dam I wish I could type sometimes! Woman in traditional roles has nothing to do with wife beating. If that were true all Amish woman would be black and blue. Stsinner you go to far with your views and Lurky I'm not buying what your saying either.Lump all Christians together and flush them ? I don't think so ! Try another church. I Don't go to church either but I'm not going to stereotype Christians that is what stinner is doing!

lurkalot
11-02-2009, 11:26 PM
okay first of all rockin' the pig is scaring me!
just saying i haven't found a church that i am comfortable with here due to the attitudes I have run across in this area...
oh and st...c'mon you said "women's work" to intentionally antagonize and get people going and you know it, with its term of implied superiority as women's work is something no man would do unless he were of course a gay florist on t.v....
I'm not sure on how to help you on the whole government turning your t.v. against you. I recommend tin foil..lots of it..because I am sure its alllllll a plot :) My gosh.."they" are probably watching now to see how you would react! Quick..throw pillows and flood lighting...you will blend in :D

Rockntractor
11-02-2009, 11:31 PM
just saying i haven't found a church that i am comfortable with here due to the attitudes I have run across in this area...
oh and st...c'mon you said "women's work" to intentionally antagonize and get people going and you know it, with its term of implied superiority as women's work is something no man would do unless he were of course a gay florist on t.v....
I'm not sure on how to help you on the whole government turning your t.v. against you. I recommend tin foil..lots of it..because I am sure its alllllll a plot :) My gosh.."they" are probably watching now to see how you would react! Quick..throw pillows and flood lighting...you will blend in :D
It would be good for the kids if you found one but I'm not going to preach at you.

stsinner
11-02-2009, 11:34 PM

Honestly, now, I didn't mean woman's work as a slight.. I simply was saying that the majority of the time, it's women who are florists.. They're not beneath me-I have a friend who is a florist, and she makes quite a bit more than I do at it!
Also, let's be honest about this thing you're trying to get ridiculous about.. You don't think that in any way the shoving in your face of flaming gays and repetitive playing of Dora the Explorer and Diego are overt attempts to just make these things more widely accepted in society? You really don't think that the Liberal Media has this as a goal to desensitize you to gays and Hispanic immigrants? Hell, they called you a racist if you used the Hussein between Barack and Obama during the campaign, but now if you don't throw it they call you racist.... He who controls the media controls the minds... Plain and simple...

Even that whackjob Noam Chomsky knows it: “He who controls the media controls the minds of the public” –Noam Chomsky

djones520
11-02-2009, 11:36 PM
It would be good for the kids if you found one but I'm not going to preach at you.

Why? I attended church a total of 4 times growing up, everytime I was forced to go by my aunt. Turned out just fine.

My In-Laws forced their kids to go to church their whole lives. Of the 6, 1 committed suicide, 2 are junkies, one has been pregnant 4 times by the time she turned 21, anothers a conceited jerk who is convinced the world revovles around him. The only normal one I married.

Church doesn't make good people. Being raised in a loving home which reinforces good values makes good people.

Rockntractor
11-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Why? I attended church a total of 4 times growing up, everytime I was forced to go by my aunt. Turned out just fine.

My In-Laws forced their kids to go to church their whole lives. Of the 6, 1 committed suicide, 2 are junkies, one has been pregnant 4 times by the time she turned 21, anothers a conceited jerk who is convinced the world revovles around him. The only normal one I married.

Church doesn't make good people. Being raised in a loving home which reinforces good values makes good people.
I am scouring my post for "force them to go" but I can't find it. Help me out here!

djones520
11-02-2009, 11:39 PM
I am scouring my post for "force them to go" but I can't find it. Help me out here!

Not saying you said that. But it doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna be good for the kids.

Rockntractor
11-02-2009, 11:45 PM
I’m amazed here . Two posters have managed to put down the entire Christian community while telling another poster he shouldn't be a bigot. Your all wrong. Do what you want!

Pot calling the kettle black!

SaintLouieWoman
11-02-2009, 11:47 PM

Hope your in-laws don't read CU. :D

I do agree that some folks I know who spend their whole time in church are really messesd up. It might be the church, probably is just them. I don't think we can paint with a broad brush about the advantages/disadvantages of attending church.

I'll admit it does bother me when some ridicule church goers. It bothers me when Obama states "We are not a Christian nation." But I wouldn't say anything against someone who doesn't go to church. I admit we rarely go, so I'd be throwing stones in our glass house.

djones520
11-02-2009, 11:49 PM
I’m amazed here . Two posters have managed to put down the entire Christian community while telling another poster he shouldn't be a bigot. Your all wrong. Do what you want!

Pot calling the kettle black!

How did I do that? All I said was that going to church does not necessarily mean good for children. If they don't want to be there, then it's not gonna do squat for them. It's got to be something they want to accept, not forced on them. If my son wishes to go to church, then I'll take him myself. But I'm not going to take him there because of some arbitrary assertation that it's "good" for him.

Rockntractor
11-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Atheists are hypocrites they send their kids to school where they are taught evolution and modern psychology, but when it comes to taking them to church thats wrong. Let them learn both sides!

djones520
11-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Atheists are hypocrites they send their kids to school where they are taught evolution and modern psychology, but when it comes to taking them to church thats wrong. Let them learn both sides!

Who's painting with the broad brush now. :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
11-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Who's painting with the broad brush now. :rolleyes:

Baited and caught! You could see it in that post but not in your own!

djones520
11-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Baited and caught! You could see it in that post but not in your own!

Show me in my post where I said anything negative about Christianity. My assertation was very simple. Church does not always mean "good" for children.

Rockntractor
11-03-2009, 12:17 AM
"My In-Laws forced their kids to go to church their whole lives. Of the 6, 1 committed suicide, 2 are junkies, one has been pregnant 4 times by the time she turned 21, anothers a conceited jerk who is convinced the world revovles around him. The only normal one I married".

djones520
11-03-2009, 12:19 AM
"My In-Laws forced their kids to go to church their whole lives. Of the 6, 1 committed suicide, 2 are junkies, one has been pregnant 4 times by the time she turned 21, anothers a conceited jerk who is convinced the world revovles around him. The only normal one I married".

Right... I tried to do a word search. Missed any reference of Christianity, Christians, or even religion. But hey, I did notice how I listed several examples of how attending church seemed to do little good in their lives.

If you go back though, you will see where I stated that I will be willing to take my son to church if he wishes to, supporting his religious choices. That really seems to fly in the face of your Atheist assertation, but I could be wrong.

Rockntractor
11-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Right... I tried to do a word search. Missed any reference of Christianity, Christians, or even religion. But hey, I did notice how I listed several examples of how attending church seemed to do little good in their lives.

If you go back though, you will see where I stated that I will be willing to take my son to church if he wishes to, supporting his religious choices. That really seems to fly in the face of your Atheist assertation, but I could be wrong.

So i guess from that one families experience you need to avoid Christianity. I'm sure this is how it works for everyone.

djones520
11-03-2009, 12:24 AM
So i guess from that one families experience you need to avoid Christianity. I'm sure this is how it works for everyone.

Your making me laugh here Rock. Don't think you're meaning to, but you are.

Rockntractor
11-03-2009, 12:31 AM
Your making me laugh here Rock. Don't think you're meaning to, but you are.

We will leave it at that then.

lurkalot
11-03-2009, 12:32 AM
A post about a gay appearing man decorating flowers and we are here now after 8 pages? fascinating.. :)

FlaGator
11-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Show me in my post where I said anything negative about Christianity. My assertation was very simple. Church does not always mean "good" for children.

Can you show me how Church is bad for them?

PoliCon
11-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Nah...

Just you. :p:D

Oh. Sorry. My bad. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
11-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Okay, Wilbur, that was funny. :D

sad but true

PoliCon
11-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Church doesn't make good people. Being raised in a loving home which reinforces good values makes good people. I have to agree. While I do hold that going to church is important - it's not important for it's own sake - its important in that it allows us to learn and to fellowship. If you're not getting that at one church - go to another!

PoliCon
11-03-2009, 08:53 AM

3 points -

* if you don't like church "A" try church "B." It's not the building of IMO the doctrine that matters - it's the relationship that makes the difference.

* if you are going to hold out going to church until you find one where people are perfect - you're never going to find a church. Look at the Bible for your example: EVERYONE that God ever used for his glory in the scriptures was flawed in some very serious way. Moses was a stuttering insecure murderer. David was a self absorbed womanizer. Peter and Paul both raised the bar on self righteousness . . . .

* if you think that the church being flawed is an excuse to not go or not give - look to the parable of the widows mite. Christ recognizing the corruption in the temple still went there himself and still praised a woman who gave what little she had into that corrupt body.

PoliCon
11-03-2009, 08:53 AM
A post about a gay appearing man decorating flowers and we are here now after 8 pages? fascinating.. :)

some people are obsessed with the sexual lives of others - usually because they are unsatisfied with their own!

asdf2231
11-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Oh. Sorry. My bad. :rolleyes:

Lighten up Francis! I was just yanking your chain a little. :)

PoliCon
11-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Lighten up Francis! I was just yanking your chain a little. :)

dude - that's not my chain and only my wife is allowed to YANK it :p

Gingersnap
11-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Having read this entire thing, I've come to some conclusions:

People who even know what shows are on TLC, let alone watch it closely enough to determine the subject of any shows, are probably pretty gay to begin with. And I mean that in every sense.

Turn off the TV and put away the recreational substances. :p

BadCat
11-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Having read this entire thing, I've come to some conclusions:

People who even know what shows are on TLC, let alone watch it closely enough to determine the subject of any shows, are probably pretty gay to begin with. And I mean that in every sense.

Turn off the TV and put away the recreational substances. :p

LOL, I agree with this.

My TV has never even seen the light from TLC.