PDA

View Full Version : Q - Why are you here? A - To get some Obama money

GrumpyOldLady
11-05-2009, 12:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-qknji7GD4

Blog here (http://anti-macyapper.blogspot.com/2009/10/obama-money-edition.html)

This past week in Detroit, the city opened it's convention center to allow residents who have lost their home, or are in the process of loosing their home, to file for stimulus money. This money was to help them keep their home during this economic down turn. While enough money was available for 3500 people, over 30,000 showed up.

Apparently word got out there was "free money" being passed out and people just showed up. They weren't homeless or in the process of loosing their home, they just heard there was "free money."

When asked where the money was coming from the answers were 'I don't know" (and they didn't care, they just wanted the money) ... and 'his (obama's) stash". etc etc

NJCardFan
11-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Is there a reason why most bloggers can't distunguish between losing and loosing?

Constitutionally Speaking
11-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Is there a reason why most bloggers can't distunguish between losing and loosing?

Maybe they were contemplating turning their houses free and letting them run around a bit!

noonwitch
11-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Wow, the hatred for Michigan is strong at that site. I love the way some of the bloggers use the term "these people" for Detroiters who are losing their homes. I don't blame the auto industry for all of Michigan's problems, but it is a major factor, along with the after-effects of the 67 riots, which is what started the white flight from the city, and the loss of the tax base. Other cities didn't have the same extreme flight that Detroit experienced, even those that also had race riots.

Detroit is what it is and it's where I live and work. I love Detroit, with all it's faults and problems. There is a lot of untapped potential in it's residents, if there were more opportunities both in education and in employment. But if as americans, we continue to divide into us and "these people", the rest of the country is going to go down the same path as Detroit and Michigan have. We don't see meth abuse in the city-it doesn't appeal to african-americans like it does to white people. It has the potential to do to white america what crack did to black america.

There are two or three really good things happening in Detroit right now, though. The new movie industry/film studios opening here will bring some jobs and other resources into the area. There is a "Grown in Detroit" food program going strong, and is now not just helping out neighborhoods, but also selling to the local restaurants and some markets. This is a very good way to use vacant land, once it's been cleaned up. The guy the governor put in charge of the Detroit Public Schools is doing a great job in his first year-he ended the practice of "social promotions" and is taking serious steps to get more parental involvement in the schools. Bill Cosby has been here several times to support the schools and work at getting parents involved-he did a great tv ad "I'm investing in your children's education, are you?".

Housing now is so cheap that a person can pick up a nice house in the city for 10-15G, less for a house that the buyer plans to restore. There are tax incentives for restoring an old house, too. You can get a house in my immediate burb for about 25 or 30G. These days, lake front property in Traverse City is going for under $1 million a lot, which is quite a price drop. Same with Torch Lake. If people have the money to buy in those locations, this is the time to do it. Whereas this is not exactly a good thing, it is an opportunity for those who can take it.

linda22003
11-05-2009, 01:32 PM

Or "its" and "it's" ? :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
11-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Wow, the hatred for Michigan is strong at that site. I love the way some of the bloggers use the term "these people" for Detroiters who are losing their homes. I don't blame the auto industry for all of Michigan's problems, but it is a major factor, along with the after-effects of the 67 riots, which is what started the white flight from the city, and the loss of the tax base. Other cities didn't have the same extreme flight that Detroit experienced, even those that also had race riots.

Well, I see your point but it's no good for minorities to build their dreams and aspirations on the backs of white taxpayers. It just makes both groups resentful. Long before there was any War on Poverty or Civil Rights Act, many cities had vibrant black communities that functioned in a completely normal manner.

I'm not using "vibrant" in some kind of white guilt way, either. In Denver's Five Points neighborhood the entire community was black but it boasted black doctors, dentists, brewers, factory-owners, clinics, and private schools (not segregated - private). There were many businesses, all black-owned and operated. There was a lot of housing that ranged between ordinary and stylish. The clubs, theaters, and bars drew performers (both black and white) from all over. That all went away beginning in the 60s. now, it's a pointless stop on a light rail line to nowhere.

All those people clearly had the talent, the brains, the ambition, and the drive to create that community during a time when racial divisions and persecution were rampant. Where did it go?

bijou
11-05-2009, 03:17 PM

Probably, but I have no idea what it could be. (http://www.nea.org/)

AmPat
11-05-2009, 03:21 PM
They must be talking about all that Magic Money from the Magic Negro. :rolleyes: This is why I support a civics test, proof of ownership or some other vested interest in the country before voting rights. Full voting rights based on sucessful respiration for 18 years gives us these idiots voting for idiots.

These useless leeches on society have the same power of voting as I do yet live off of the taxpayer's money. I'm sick of paying these morons anything just so they can vote away more of my money.:mad:

Speedy
11-05-2009, 03:27 PM
along with the after-effects of the 67 riots, which is what started the white flight from the city, and the loss of the tax base. Other cities didn't have the same extreme flight that Detroit experienced, even those that also had race riots.

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh my ass off. The riots were 42 years and Detroit still can't recover? That is just pathetic. I can only some Hawaiian saying, "We were going so good...and then WW2 got in the way and we haven't gotten over it."

I guess 40 years down the road New Orleans will be blaming Katrina (and Bush) for still being one of the armpits of the US.

noonwitch
11-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Well, I see your point but it's no good for minorities to build their dreams and aspirations on the backs of white taxpayers. It just makes both groups resentful. Long before there was any War on Poverty or Civil Rights Act, many cities had vibrant black communities that functioned in a completely normal manner.

I'm not using "vibrant" in some kind of white guilt way, either. In Denver's Five Points neighborhood the entire community was black but it boasted black doctors, dentists, brewers, factory-owners, clinics, and private schools (not segregated - private). There were many businesses, all black-owned and operated. There was a lot of housing that ranged between ordinary and stylish. The clubs, theaters, and bars drew performers (both black and white) from all over. That all went away beginning in the 60s. now, it's a pointless stop on a light rail line to nowhere.

All those people clearly had the talent, the brains, the ambition, and the drive to create that community during a time when racial divisions and persecution were rampant. Where did it go?

Detroit had neighborhoods like that in the 40s and 50s. The city/state tore them down in the 60s to build I-75. When black people started moving to the all-white neighborhoods that weren't torn down for the new freeways, the white people started freaking out and moving out, taking their money and their businesses with them. My grandpa will tell you to this day how much better things are when "blacks know their place", and this is a typical attitude in metro Detroit among white people over the age of 50.

I agree that LBJ's War on Poverty was not just a failure, it created a whole new class of poor-people who can work, but choose to take the welfare stipend, instead. It contributed to illegetimacy/single parenthood in white and black communities, by replacing an employed dad with a government check.

The problems in Detroit are very deep and are not caused by just one issue. The white suburbanites like to blame it all on the black Detroiters and it is not that simple. People in West Michigan just don't even bother to understand anymore, they just want a piece of the pie everytime Detroit gets something. Because it's "those people in Detroit". Race is an obvious factor, but the white abandonment of the city was so sudden and complete, in the early 70s, that no one could have been prepared for the impact it would have on the black people who stayed behind. It affected the businesses, the schools, the resources available for everyone, and so on.

Gingersnap
11-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Race is an obvious factor, but the white abandonment of the city was so sudden and complete, in the early 70s, that no one could have been prepared for the impact it would have on the black people who stayed behind. It affected the businesses, the schools, the resources available for everyone, and so on.

But my point is that blacks previously never needed any white money or infrastructure to build good communities. Believe me, Five Points was the last place in Denver where a dime was spent on roads, schools, or anything of value until 1960s. Even though whites frequented some of the clubs and did some business with black wholesalers, almost all the money that changed hands in that community was between black people themselves. They weren't waiting on outside funds.

As I say, it's not a talent problem.

stsinner
11-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Wow, the hatred for Michigan is strong at that site. I love the way some of the bloggers use the term "these people" for Detroiters who are losing their homes.

I don't think they mean Detroiters-I think they mean the disgustingly ignorant callers and their ilk, which are residing in cities like Detroit and talking money for free (deemed "Obama money") that they have no idea where it comes from and couldn't give a shit as long as they get their free check.. Those people can starve as far as I'm concerned-probably haven't made a positive contribution to society since the day they were born and probably brought a couple chillins into the world to help carry on the tradition of leaching off the system... I can't imagine what those two people could contribute even if all the auto jobs came back to Detroit. There's no way they and their ilk will run to fill out a job application.

When you talk that ignorant and have no idea where the money the Usurper is giving you comes from, there's no way your home loan was on the up and up, anyway.. It was a fraudulent document.

JackKetch
11-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCardFan

Or "its" and "it's" ? :rolleyes:

probably the same reason you typed 'distunguish' when you obviously meant 'distinguish.' :) it's easy to hit a wrong key, it's hard to catch your own typos.

i think a lot of mistakes are made because typing online is so much faster than writing or old-fashioned typing that the hands get ahead of, or somewhat disconnected from, the brain. by that i mean that your brain is thinking 'it's' or 'lose' but your hands type 'its' or 'loose' because they are similar words and you're typing quickly while composing your sentence mentally. i have been shocked to catch myself doing this occasionally, hope i've always caught the mistakes before posting but know i probably haven't.

PoliCon
11-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Let he who is without typo cast the first stone.

RobJohnson
11-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Wow, the hatred for Michigan is strong at that site.

The couple visits and vacations that included Detroit I really enjoyed.