PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Frightening Insensitivity Following Shooting

Gingersnap
11-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Obama's Frightening Insensitivity Following Shooting
A bad week for Democrats compounded by an awful moment for Barack Obama.

By ROBERT A. GEORGE
Updated 9:18 AM CST, Fri, Nov 6, 2009

Print Email Share Buzz up!TWITTER FACEBOOK

President Obama didn't wait long after Tuesday's devastating elections to give critics another reason to question his leadership, but this time the subject matter was more grim than a pair of governorships.

After news broke out of the shooting at the Fort Hood Army post in Texas, the nation watched in horror as the toll of dead and injured climbed. The White House was notified immediately and by late afternoon, word went out that the president would speak about the incident prior to a previously scheduled appearance. At about 5 p.m., cable stations went to the president. The situation called for not only his trademark eloquence, but also grace and perspective.

But instead of a somber chief executive offering reassuring words and expressions of sympathy and compassion, viewers saw a wildly disconnected and inappropriately light president making introductory remarks. At the event, a Tribal Nations Conference hosted by the Department of Interior's Bureau of Indian affairs, the president thanked various staffers and offered a "shout-out" to "Dr. Joe Medicine Crow -- that Congressional Medal of Honor winner." Three minutes in, the president spoke about the shooting, in measured and appropriate terms. Who is advising him?

Anyone at home aware of the major news story of the previous hours had to have been stunned. An incident like this requires a scrapping of the early light banter. The president should apologize for the tone of his remarks, explain what has happened, express sympathy for those slain and appeal for calm and patience until all the facts are in. That's the least that should occur.

NBC Chicago (http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/politics/A-Disconnected-President.html)

Rockntractor
11-06-2009, 11:13 AM
NBC Chicago (http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/politics/A-Disconnected-President.html)

His heart has been cut out. He showed no emotion when the nurse told her story of cradling the baby before it died after the botched abortion.This man has an evil soul!

lacarnut
11-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Like Clinton, Obama despises the military. So, his lack of compassion does not surpirse me.

AlmostThere
11-06-2009, 11:41 AM
His shout-out did not win the Congressional Medal of Honor. That might have been worth mentioning as well. :mad:

GrumpyOldLady
11-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Not only was he insensitive, but he went out of his way to whitewash the fact that this was an act of terrorism by a muslim against our US Military personnel. The first words out of the White House - 'this is not an act of terrorism'.

Vile.

hampshirebrit
11-06-2009, 01:50 PM
I watched this on Fox. For the first three minutes, I thought I was watching library VT. The whole performance was pretty appalling. Even Gordon Brown would have done better than that.

Speedy
11-06-2009, 02:06 PM
People ask themselves, "How can he not know?" He doesn't. He thinks that everyone thinks the way he does. He holds the military in low regard and he feels that everyone views the military the same way. He was not giving condolences to the Military, he was throwing them a bone.

BadCat
11-06-2009, 02:37 PM
I'll say what you guys won't.

Obumble is a classless, self centered asshole.

Eagle
11-06-2009, 05:00 PM
I'll say what you guys won't.

Obumble is a classless, self centered asshole.

Totally agree!

JB
11-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Obumble is a classless, self centered asshole.I would add clueless to that descprition.

Bush sat silent when informed about the 9/11 attacks and he was attacked unmericfully for that. When he finally did speak at least he didn't act like he was giving a speech in front of his fraternity brothers.

FU Bumble.

asdf2231
11-06-2009, 07:33 PM
I watched this last night when he was talking. My wife looked up at the TV and her jaw just dropped and she said "Are you FUCKING kidding me?"

She doesn't swear a lot.

What this man did last night was APPALLING.

Constitutionally Speaking
11-06-2009, 09:53 PM
I watched this last night when he was talking. My wife looked up at the TV and her jaw just dropped and she said "Are you FUCKING kidding me?"

She doesn't swear a lot.

What this man did last night was APPALLING.

Those were my words exactly.

AmPat
11-06-2009, 10:24 PM
OBlah Blah is a classless, clueless, narcissistic thug. He is exactly the wrong person at the wrong time. We need adult leadership and the children are in charge. We need to take back this country soon while there is something left to take back.

Sonnabend
11-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Even Gordon Brown would have done better than that.I doubt very much that that dhimmi or his lickspittle government would have had the guts to even ADMIT it was a muslim for fear of "racial vilification"

Apache
11-07-2009, 01:37 PM
What I love, is the fact that after the spectacle, the media cut the two + minutes of the speech and made it sound as if that's all he was talking about...:mad:

Elspeth
11-07-2009, 01:55 PM
What I love, is the fact that after the spectacle, the media cut the two + minutes of the speech and made it sound as if that's all he was talking about...:mad:

Media covered for him.

Oblahblah just seemed so lifeless--like the empty suit we all thought he was. He doesn't give a shit.

stsinner
11-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Media covered for him.

Oblahblah just seemed so lifeless--like the empty suit we all thought he was. He doesn't give a shit.

Oh, you know he must have been so put out to have to even address the military-kind of like that fake, opportunistic photo op at Dover AFB the other day. He cares more about ACORN and protecting them from prosecution than he does the US military.

Elspeth
11-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Oh, you know he must have been so put out to have to even address the military-kind of like that fake, opportunistic photo op at Dover AFB the other day. He cares more about ACORN and protecting them from prosecution than he does the US military.

Though I agree with you that he is an arrogant bastard who probably thinks of the military as below him, it's more than that. I think there's just nothing to him. He's a front man, a cardboard cut out.

Speedy
11-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Know what the kicker is? John Kerry is no different, neither is Al Gore. Bush had a homespun sense of humor and got passionate about things at times. John McCain's temper often had to be kept in check. Can you imagine if a tragedy of the scope of 9-11 happens under Obama? Bush was one of us, felt what we did. Obama would let us down to no end.

Elspeth
11-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Has John McCain come out and made a public statement on Ft. Hood?

Speedy
11-07-2009, 03:50 PM

Not that I have heard, I am sure that he would if asked, but to run out before the cameras to do so would be quite unbecoming for a Senator in my view.

Elspeth
11-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Not that I have heard, I am sure that he would if asked, but to run out before the cameras to do so would be quite unbecoming for a Senator in my view.

He wouldn't want to upstage Oblahblah.

lacarnut
11-07-2009, 05:26 PM

The less I hear from this RINO the better.

Sonnabend
11-07-2009, 06:18 PM

Why should he? He isnt the President, he is from Arizona, not Texas.

What possible reason would there be,, for it to be necessary for him to make a statement?

Apache
11-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Why should he? He isnt the President, he is from Arizona, not Texas.

What possible reason would there be,, for it to be necessary for him to make a statement?

Cuz he's a freakin' politician, that's why. McStain ain't no different from the rest of those fools on Capitol Hill. The only reason he has been silent thus far is because there's for him to gain...
Trust me Sonna, buddy I was represented by him for 20+ years ;)

Sonnabend
11-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Trust me Sonna, buddy I was represented by him for 20+ years

I yield the point to my distinguished colleague from Arizona.:)

GrumpyOldLady
11-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Obama on Fort Hood - not even shocked (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/11/06/dan-gainor-obama-ft-hood-murders-speech-shocked/)

Good reading ...

Speedy
11-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Obama on Fort Hood - not even shocked (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/11/06/dan-gainor-obama-ft-hood-murders-speech-shocked/)

Good reading ...

He was more outraged when the police "acting stupidly" arrested that bigot professor friend of his. Maybe he will invite the woman, who in spite of being shot 3 times, took down this Muslim motherfucker to the Whitehouse to have a beer with him and the beast who perpetrated this massacre of our best and bravest.

AmPat
11-08-2009, 11:26 AM
He was more outraged when the police "acting stupidly" arrested that bigot professor friend of his. Maybe he will invite the woman, who in spite of being shot 3 times, took down this Muslim motherfucker to the Whitehouse to have a beer with him and the beast who perpetrated this massacre of our best and bravest.
Good point. Even when past pesidents got bad advice from his "advisors," they usually had the brains to rewrite or ad lib appropriate statements and sentiments.

Even Bubba Bill could cue up the lower lip bite and tears on demand when necessary.

This POS doesn't even have the brains to kinow how to act or speak in a situation like this. I swear, if his brains were crap, it wouldn't even make a smell.:mad:

Elspeth
11-08-2009, 03:47 PM

Can you imagine him inviting the American female cop and the Muslim shooter to the Rose Garden for a "beer summit"? Everybody gets to talk about how the military was unfair to Hasan. :mad::mad::mad:

Big Guy
11-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Can you imagine him inviting the American female cop and the Muslim shooter to the Rose Garden for a "beer summit"? Everybody gets to talk about how the military was unfair to Hasan. :mad::mad::mad:

No I can't imagine him having a conversation over a beer with a straight shooter like her. He is probably intimidated by a woman that can shoot as well as she can.