PDA

View Full Version : Homeland Security Warns of Anti-Muslim Backlash

GrumpyOldLady
11-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Homeland Security Chief Warns of Anti-Muslim Backlash (http://www.wmur.com/news/21554061/detail.html)

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates -- U.S. Homeland Security officials are working with groups around United States to head off any possible anti-Muslim backlash following the shootings at Fort Hood in Texas, the agency's chief said Sunday.

The comments by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano also appeared part of efforts to reassure the Arab world that U.S. authorities were taking measures to quell anti-Islam sentiments after last week's rampage by an American-born Muslim serving as U.S. Army psychiatrist.

"This was a terrible tragedy for all involved," Napolitano told reporters in the United Arab Emirates' capital Abu Dhabi. "Obviously, we object to -- and do not believe -- that anti-Muslim sentiment should emanate from this."

Napolitano said her agency is working with state and local groups to try to deflect any anti-Muslim anger after the Thursday attacks by Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, a Muslim who reportedly expressed growing dismay over the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The shootings left 13 people dead and 29 wounded.

:mad:

So instead of Homeland Security calling this what it is .... a terrorist attack by a muslim who went to the same radical mosques as the 9/11 hijackers, and who screamed 'Allah Akbar' while he mowed down Americans ... Homeland Security is worried about offending Muslim countries.

They are going along with what Obama set in motion from the first minutes - 'this is not a terrorist attack'.

This gets sicker and sicker and sicker with each passing hour.

They probably figure if they say it enough then it will make it true.

Bastards.

Big Guy
11-08-2009, 01:54 PM
That is because they are missing the point.

The Muslims are calling this a Jihad or religous war.

Our leftist goverment isnt even calling it a war it's an over seas contingency or some crap like that.

The reality of it is we can not win, we are being set up for failure by the left. We can not use profiling as a tool. A muslim Major who is loudly protesting the war, tells his cohorts that he is a Muslim first and an American second, starts giving away all his worldly possessions, passing out quarans, dressing like he lives in the middle east, went to the same mosque as the 911 highjackers.

Nope, no problem here, he hasn't done anything yet.

They say it was not terrorism, tell that to the soldiers that were there, I'll bet they were pretty terorized.

PoliCon
11-08-2009, 06:40 PM
So instead of Homeland Security calling this what it is .... a terrorist attack by a muslim who went to the same radical mosques as the 9/11 hijackers, and who screamed 'Allah Akbar' while he mowed down Americans ... Homeland Security is worried about offending Muslim countries.They're wrong not to call this what it is - but I don't think they are worried about other countries as much as they are about innocent muslims here being hurt over this

stsinner
11-08-2009, 06:59 PM
They're wrong not to call this what it is - but I don't think they are worried about other countries as much as they are about innocent muslims here being hurt over this

Those innocent Muslims sure haven't been very vocal in condemning this attack.. That's what bothers me about inactive followers of the book of murder. According to the Qu'ran, if they're not murdering the infidels, they can't be a good Muslim.

PoliCon
11-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. -- Abraham Lincoln

Dan D. Doty
11-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Did we worry about hurting the Nazi's feelings? No!

We are caught in the vicous grip of the Political Correctness Mafia, and the whole lot of them are a bunch of deranged Moonbats who don't care about truth, reality, and worse of all the lives innocent people.

This does not solve anything, its only purpose is to make a cluster of jerkazoids who base everything on emotion ( and claim to be smarter then the American people as a whole) feel good; doesn't matter if your love ones end up on a slab to do it.

GrumpyOldLady
11-09-2009, 06:26 AM
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. -- Abraham Lincoln

Would you explain exactly what you are referencing here? Thank you.

FlaGator
11-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Those innocent Muslims sure haven't been very vocal in condemning this attack.. That's what bothers me about inactive followers of the book of murder. According to the Qu'ran, if they're not murdering the infidels, they can't be a good Muslim.

What incentive to do this do they have other than to draw unwanted attention to themselves? Condemning the attack may satisfy some, but others will only see it as a lie or a trick.

Goldwater
11-09-2009, 08:58 AM
What incentive to do this do they have other than to draw unwanted attention to themselves? Condemning the attack may satisfy some, but others will only see it as a lie or a trick.

And theres no active body of "all peaceful muslims", I thought Islam was a purposefully decentralized religion. Apart from that "President of the Muslims" guy...

PoliCon
11-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Would you explain exactly what you are referencing here? Thank you.
this

if they're not murdering the infidels, they can't be a good Muslim

noonwitch
11-09-2009, 12:44 PM

There are a whole lot of christians who refuse to condemn those who bomb abortion clinics or shoot OB/GYNs who perform abortions (if you've ever read Free Republic after such an occurrence, you know what I mean). Some christians will even justify that type of violence. That doesn't mean all christians who oppose abortion support those actions or statements.

According to the Old Testament, you're not a good jewish community unless you stone adulterers and blasphemers.

With this attack, if I were a member of the administration, I'd want to be sure that this was an act of organized terrorism before I claimed it was-of course, the shooter had terroristic intentions and he as he has killed a bunch of people, and I'm sure he will be charged with multiple counts of murder. I don't know military law, but I assume he will be court-martialed for murder charges at the least. I don't know how the laws are written for terrorism charges in either federal or military court, but there may be a need to prove a consipiracy. If he was a single person committing an act of jihad on his own, there's really no conspiracy involving other people. If a court-martial for murder gets the death penalty, why go for all the other charges if there are no fellow conspirators?

GrumpyOldLady
11-09-2009, 01:03 PM
, if I were a member of the administration, I'd want to be sure that this was an act of organized terrorism before I claimed it was-of course,

That's not what Obama said.
He didn't say ' this wasn't an organized terrorist attack'.
He just said 'this wasn't a terrorist attack'.
Those are two different things.

It absolutely was a terrorist attack.
All you need is one person for a terrorist attack.
This guy who shot up Fort Hood fit the 'terrorist' profile pefectly.

AmPat
11-09-2009, 05:31 PM
It serves the purpose of supporting the much parrotted lie that Islam is a religion of peace. It is not and no amount of spin will make it so. It is a religion of hate, violence, and conquest.

If the entire body of violent, hateful followers of the moon god would condemn these atrocities and disown and distance themselves from these murderous pieces of fecal matter, the world might believe them (I won't). Muslims lie, period. If the lie serves their cult, then it isn't a lie.

Islam is evil. That is all.

lacarnut
11-09-2009, 07:34 PM
That's not what Obama said.
He didn't say ' this wasn't an organized terrorist attack'.
He just said 'this wasn't a terrorist attack'.
Those are two different things.

It absolutely was a terrorist attack.
All you need is one person for a terrorist attack.
This guy who shot up Fort Hood fit the 'terrorist' profile pefectly.

You got that right. Obummer and Liberals are too stupid to not understand that this WAS a terrorist attack.

AmPat
11-11-2009, 12:05 AM
There are a whole lot of christians who refuse to condemn those who bomb abortion clinics or shoot OB/GYNs who perform abortions (if you've ever read Free Republic after such an occurrence, you know what I mean). Some christians will even justify that type of violence. That doesn't mean all christians who oppose abortion support those actions or statements.

?

Ahem-----BS.

Christianity is not a religion, it is a belief. A choice. A decision to accept that Jeshua was and is the Son of God. "Christians" would condemn the bombings 100% Any other choice makes me question their beliefs.

The common mistake is to assume that a person is born into Christianity. Being a poster on FR hardly qualifies them to be Christian, one has to make that choice for themselves.