PDA

View Full Version : House Health Care Bill Has Nowhere To Go In Senate

FlaGator
11-08-2009, 07:45 PM
The House Dems act like this is a surprise or something.

WASHINGTON -- The glow from a health care triumph faded quickly for President Barack Obama on Sunday as Democrats realized the bill they fought so hard to pass in the House has nowhere to go in the Senate.

Speaking from the Rose Garden about 14 hours after the late Saturday vote, Obama urged senators to be like runners on a relay team and "take the baton and bring this effort to the finish line on behalf of the American people."

The problem is that the Senate won't run with it. The government health insurance plan included in the House bill is unacceptable to a few Democratic moderates who hold the balance of power in the Senate.

If a government plan is part of the deal, "as a matter of conscience, I will not allow this bill to come to a final vote," said Sen. Joe Lieberman, the Connecticut independent whose vote Democrats need to overcome GOP filibusters.

"The House bill is dead on arrival in the Senate," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said dismissively.

Whole story here (http://www.news4jax.com/health/21554546/detail.html)

stsinner
11-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Well, this is good news.. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Pelosi, you wretch!

expat-pattaya
11-08-2009, 07:55 PM
YES

:D:D:D:D

sgrooms
11-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Can you say reconciliation?

Apocalypse
11-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Well, this is good news.. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Pelosi, you wretch!
Lets not celebrate yet.

Remember it was all the back room deals, promises and intimidation that got the bill through the house in the first place.

Now Obama and Ried will be pulling Dems aside and putting high amounts of pressure, even threats on those who are not goose stepping with them.

Fights long from over, lets not breath the sigh of relief yet.

Big Guy
11-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Lets not celebrate yet.

Remember it was all the back room deals, promises and intimidation that got the bill through the house in the first place.

Now Obama and Ried will be pulling Dems aside and putting high amounts of pressure, even threats on those who are not goose stepping with them.

Fights long from over, lets not breath the sigh of relief yet.

Apocalypse is right, it's not over yet. Gotta E-mail your Senator.

FreeAmerican
11-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Apocalypse is right, it's not over yet. Gotta E-mail your Senator.

To hell with emailing them. Call them 2 or 3 times a day.

PoliCon
11-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Can you say reconciliation?

people are forgetting that part. :mad:

PoliCon
11-10-2009, 12:04 PM
To hell with emailing them. Call them 2 or 3 times a day.

I do - and I remind them that the people of this state are AGAINST the measures being proposed - and despite that - BOTH of the bastards intend to vote support obamacare.

zBoots
11-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Dont get too excited. Many House bills in the house form are doa when they get to the senate. They have their own ideas how to fuck you dead. Our only hope is that 60 dont get bought off.

The great demobamafuk aint over by a long shot.

Swampfox
11-11-2009, 07:51 PM
I don't know if this affront to liberty will pass the Senate or not, but all the back and forth about it is making my blood pressure rise.

patriot45
11-11-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't know if this affront to liberty will pass the Senate or not, but all the back and forth about it is making my blood pressure rise.

I agree! They HAVE to do this, they HAVE to pass that. It really don't matter what but they have to fix something till its broken! If they took 2 year vacations we would be better off!