PDA

View Full Version : Fort Hood Shooter Tried to Contact Al Qaeda

GrumpyOldLady
11-09-2009, 02:29 PM
ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fort-hood-shooter-contact-al-qaeda-terrorists-officials/story?id=9030873)

U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al Qaeda, two American officials briefed on classified material in the case told ABC News

It is not known whether the intelligence agencies informed the Army that one of its officers was seeking to connect with suspected al Qaeda figures, the officials said.

Rep. Peter Hoekstra (R-MI), the ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, said that he requested the CIA and other intelligence agencies brief the committee on what was known, if anything, about Hasan by the U.S. intelligence community, only to be refused.

More info at the site.

:mad: THIS guy tried to contact Al Qaeda. Our gov't knew that.
EVERYTHING about this is screaming 'terrorism'.
And yet Obama instantly said 'this isn't terrorism'. :mad:

Goldwater
11-09-2009, 03:14 PM
I don't understand why this would be ignored.

Rebel Yell
11-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Because Al Queda has nothing to do with wht happenned. It was an individual making his own choice. There are NO outside forces influencing his decision at all.:rolleyes:

Constitutionally Speaking
11-09-2009, 03:30 PM

Under Obama's regime, we are not allowed to take any actions that would actually mean protecting this country.

That would be judgemental!!

Apache
11-09-2009, 05:06 PM

Because it's sterotyping, racist...yadda yadda yadda. God FORBID that we should do something that might actually be effective...:mad:

Lanie
11-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Why did they allow this guy to stay in the military?

JB
11-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Why did they allow this guy to stay in the military?Exactly.

He hangs out at a known terrorist mosque. The same place the 9/11 guys hung out and he gets a pass. The FBI should have files on every person that enters or exits the place and this guy becomes a major in our armed forces.

They probably have more on me than they do this scumbag.