PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama would have to sign death warrant

hampshirebrit
11-09-2009, 08:00 PM
This will be interesting, to say the least. BaHo will have the final say, apparently. What a dilemma:

As a serving officer Hasan, 39, is likely to be tried in a military court in a system which is ultimately headed by Mr Obama in his role as commander-in-chief, and requires his approval for the death penalty to be carried out.

Mr Obama has followed a nuanced line on the death penalty in the past, saying it is not an effective deterrent but should be an option in extreme cases.

In his memoirs he said capital punishment "does little to deter crime" but he supports it in cases "so heinous, so beyond the pale, that the community is justified in expressing the full measure of its outrage by meting out the ultimate punishment." Mr Obama and his wife Michelle are due to attend a memorial service in Fort Hood on Tuesday but the president will be constrained in what he can say.

Any comment which prejudges guilt or sentence could later be cited by defence lawyers as "unlawful command influence" and would extend an already lengthy military appeals process.

Hasan, who is still in hospital after being shot four times, is expected to be charged with 13 counts of murder.

Much more at this delicious linky (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/6531599/Fort-Hood-massacre-Barack-Obama-would-have-to-sign-death-warrant.html)

Big Guy
11-09-2009, 08:13 PM
I don't believe Obama will sign a death warrant on another muslim.

patriot45
11-09-2009, 08:34 PM

Yea, that would rile up the man-made disaster makers aka muslims! No fatwa for the 0!

Big Guy
11-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Lord knows he don't want to upset the terrorists, I mean the inocent Muslims around the world.

MountainMan
11-09-2009, 09:33 PM

Oh for fucks sake....Obama is a bumbling, narcissistic facist but he is not a Muslim and he is an American citizen to boot........

Big Guy
11-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Oh for fucks sake....Obama is a bumbling, narcissistic facist but he is not a Muslim and he is an American citizen to boot........

Sorry, until I see him eat a ham sandwich. Mr. Barak Hussein Obama will be labled a Muslim by me. And until he produces his birth certificate, his citizenship is also in question.

MountainMan
11-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Sorry, until I see him eat a ham sandwich. Mr. Barak Hussein Obama will be labled a Muslim by me.

My friend doesn't eat ham either.......doesn't make her a fucking Muslim. Comments like yours doesn't do the conservative movement any good.

Rockntractor
11-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Sorry, until I see him eat a ham sandwich. Mr. Barak Hussein Obama will be labled a Muslim by me. And until he produces his birth certificate, his citizenship is also in question.

I had a Muslim friend that liked ham and loved pork sausage. He told me he hadn't gone to Mecca yet.

MountainMan
11-09-2009, 09:42 PM

His mother was an American citizen so that automatically makes him a citizen.

Do you believe Alex Jones that 9/11 was an inside job too? What about the tooth fairy or is that another cover-up by Big Dental?

Rockntractor
11-09-2009, 09:46 PM

Do you believe Alex Jones that 9/11 was an inside job too? What about the tooth fairy or is that another cover-up by Big Dental?
So if you question Hussein's eligibility for President you have bought into all conspiracy theories in the last ten years?

Big Guy
11-09-2009, 09:49 PM

The tooth fairy is a cover up? Oh my, after all these years..... I feel so silly.

MountainMan
11-09-2009, 11:39 PM
So if you question Hussein's eligibility for President you have bought into all conspiracy theories in the last ten years?

I will always question his "ability" to be president. What isn't questionable is his right. He is an American citizen. All those that want to believe that he isn't gives up the right to be taken seriously in just about any discussion.

Hawkgirl
11-09-2009, 11:42 PM
He won't sign a death penalty order for a "brother".

Rockntractor
11-09-2009, 11:46 PM
I will always question his "ability" to be president. What isn't questionable is his right. He is an American citizen. All those that want to believe that he isn't gives up the right to be taken seriously in just about any discussion.
Thats not fair to label people that way.

MountainMan
11-09-2009, 11:49 PM
He won't sign a death penalty order for a "brother".
:rolleyes:

He won't sign the death penalty warrant because he doesn't truly believe in the death penalty. If this were a white Buddhist, purple monk or a neo-Nazi Jewish rabbi he still wouldn't sign the warrant.

"Brother".......... :rolleyes:

MountainMan
11-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Thats not fair to label people that way.

Wait till you get to know me....I like labels. :D

Rockntractor
11-09-2009, 11:50 PM
:rolleyes:

He won't sign the death penalty warrant because he doesn't truly believe in the death penalty. If this were a white Buddhist, purple monk or a neo-Nazi Jewish rabbi he still wouldn't sign the warrant.

"Brother".......... :rolleyes:
He has actually stated that he does support the death penalty in extreme cases .

MountainMan
11-09-2009, 11:54 PM
He has actually stated that he does support the death penalty in extreme cases .

Too bad the Obumblemiester hasn't been given the chance to exercise that opinion via a governorship or thru laws making it easier to use the death penalty in Illinois......

Rockntractor
11-09-2009, 11:56 PM
"I have said repeatedly that I think that the death penalty should be applied in very narrow circumstances for the most egregious of crimes. I think that the rape of a small child, 6 or 8 years old, is a heinous crime," he said, adding that if a state determines the death penalty should apply in such cases, they should be allowed to impose it.

The high court's ruling invalidates laws in six states that allow the death penalty if child rape cases when the child is not killed.

Obama has tried to toe a nuanced line on the death penalty, saying it should only be used in extreme cases.
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/06/obama_backs_dea.html
I'm not sure if he has this opinion in cases other than child rape .

Big Guy
11-09-2009, 11:58 PM

It might be possible that someone is attempting to inject a little humor while raising a question.

My oldest Daughter was born in Germany, her Mother was a German citizen at the time, believe me I
understand how it works.

Why does he refuse to produce a birth certificate? I had to produce a Birth Certificate for my job, and it is public record.

No, I am not a conspiracy nut, but I am an American taxpayer and he works for me. I also fought and spilled blood, my blood for this country.

So, yea I do have a right to be taken seriously, even when I am using a little humor.:mad:

MountainMan
11-10-2009, 12:00 AM
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/06/obama_backs_dea.html
I'm not sure if he has this opinion in cases other than child rape .

This piece of shit is a nuanced, Chicago thug attorney. Ages 6 or 8 in child rape cases.............Notice the verbage. If he had any desire to use the death penalty he would have used the phrase juveniles or minors....No, I believe this POS won't sign the warrant.

MountainMan
11-10-2009, 12:04 AM
It might be possible that someone is attempting to inject a little humor while raising a question.

My oldest Daughter was born in Germany, her Mother was a German citizen at the time, believe me I
understand how it works.

Why does he refuse to produce a birth certificate? I had to produce a Birth Certificate for my job, and it is public record.

No, I am not a conspiracy nut, but I am an American taxpayer and he works for me. I also fought and spilled blood, my blood for this country.

So, yea I do have a right to be taken seriously, even when I am using a little humor.:mad:

Well good for you, I too served in the military so don't go playing that card on me.

As for the refusing to produce his "birth certificate". Guess what, he doesn't have too. Last I checked that part wasn't in the constitution.
Is his mother an American citizen or not? If yes, that makes him an American citizen. End of discussion....People need to move on from this little conspiracy bullshit

Rockntractor
11-10-2009, 12:04 AM
This piece of shit is a nuanced, Chicago thug attorney. Ages 6 or 8 in child rape cases.............Notice the verbage. If he had any desire to use the death penalty he would have used the phrase juveniles or minors....No, I believe this POS won't sign the warrant.
I doubt very much he will either but he does have a habit of throwing other people under the bus to make himself look good.

MountainMan
11-10-2009, 12:06 AM
I doubt very much he will either but he does have a habit of throwing other people under the bus to make himself look good.
I will send this POS a thank you letter if Hasan is given the death penalty. Won't happen though. We are going to go thru years of legal challenges with this muslunitic....He is going to find himself a nice ACLU lawyer and we will have to pay for his bills.

Rockntractor
11-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Nice and lawyer?:confused:

MountainMan
11-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Nice and lawyer?:confused:Details....details....

PoliCon
11-10-2009, 12:25 AM
I will send this POS a thank you letter if Hasan is given the death penalty. Won't happen though. We are going to go thru years of legal challenges with this muslunitic....He is going to find himself a nice ACLU lawyer and we will have to pay for his bills.

Military courts work differently from regular courts. Things move much faster - much more efficiently.

MountainMan
11-10-2009, 12:27 AM
Military courts work differently from regular courts. Things move much faster - much more efficiently.

Do you honestly think this is going to stay in the military court system? It will be argued in federal court that this animal won't be able to get a fair trial and will get moved to a civilian court.....mark my words.

PoliCon
11-10-2009, 12:27 AM
Do you honestly think this is going to stay in the military court system? It will be argued in federal court that this animal won't be able to get a fair trial and will get moved to a civilian court.....mark my words.

I'm sure someone will try . . . .

GrumpyOldLady
11-10-2009, 06:35 AM
. He is an American citizen.
Got a copy of his vault birth certificate to show us to back up your statement?

As for the refusing to produce his "birth certificate". Guess what, he doesn't have too. Last I checked that part wasn't in the constitution.
He is required to show proof of eligibility to the Federal Election Commission.
However, no one on that commission is saying that they saw his certified long form.
Someone dropped the ball.

end of discusson
Wrong.

He is hiding his vaulted long form. There is NO REASON for him to do that. None.
It is very possible that the long form has 'delayed copy' across the top.

Back when Obama was born, Hawaii issued 'delayed copies' to children who were claimed to have been born on the island but who didn't get a BC through the hospital. In other words - no proof of being born on the Island.

It's also very possible that it says 'white' for race. He was a mixed race baby, born to a white woman. Many times half black babies don't get their skin pigmentation for up to a week after birth. He could have looked white and his BC may say 'white'. That'd really put a damper on his getting 96% of the black vote again in the next election.

There are many possible reasons to explain why he is hiding his vault copy.

But the fact remains ... he IS hiding it.

BTW - George Bush (43) had been accused by some in the left wing of being AWOL during Vietnam. He wasn't required by the Constitution to come up with documents to shut them up, but he did so anyways. He found old medical records showing that he was on post during the time that people questioned where he was. Obama should man-up and do the same. It would be very easy to release the original. It is costing him a fortune not to. He's spending a ton of money to keep it hidden so obviously there is something on that paper that he is desperate not to show.

GrumpyOldLady
11-10-2009, 06:37 AM
ON TOPIC - Obama won't sign the death sentence. If it were a white guy shooting a bunch of black people or a bunch of muslims he would. But I'd bet a box of donuts that Obama won't sign this.

linda22003
11-10-2009, 09:31 AM

I love saving posts that predict the future. This one is going into the "save" file. :)

linda22003
11-10-2009, 09:33 AM
ON TOPIC - Obama won't sign the death sentence. If it were a white guy shooting a bunch of black people or a bunch of muslims he would. But I'd bet a box of donuts that Obama won't sign this.

This one's going into the "save" file, too. A box of doughnuts isn't much of a bet, though.

GrumpyOldLady
11-10-2009, 09:38 AM
This one's going into the "save" file, too. A box of doughnuts isn't much of a bet, though.
Sure. Save it.

The other thing is this .. will Obama even be in office when this comes around for the POTUS to sign?
By the time the trial goes through .. and appeals are made ... and the sentence is to be carried out ...
It could be past 2012 and he could be out of office.

If that's the case (and I think it is), I still win the bet. :D

noonwitch
11-10-2009, 09:51 AM
I had a Muslim friend that liked ham and loved pork sausage. He told me he hadn't gone to Mecca yet.

I know some muslims who love bacon cheeseburgers. They figure Allah will forgive them if they indulge once in a while.

We had a guy from India stay with our family once, as part of my dad's Rotary exchange program (he got to go there for 6 weeks). He was hindu and supposed to refrain from eating beef, but he also couldn't resist cheeseburgers and other american beef dishes. He also had a "When in Rome" kind of attitude, and went to the other kind of "meat market" almost nightly to look for loose american women, even though he had a beautiful wife back at home.

One of my coworkers is jewish and she loves to go to the Big Boy breakfast buffet and eat plate after plate of bacon and sausage. She says that kosher laws were meant to protect Jews in the days before modern refrigeration, and that she only goes totally kosher during passover, to honor tradition.

PoliCon
11-10-2009, 11:15 AM

Well we can always hope that he'll get ousted before the sentencing phase of this trial.

MountainMan
11-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Got a copy of his vault birth certificate to show us to back up your statement?

He is required to show proof of eligibility to the Federal Election Commission.
However, no one on that commission is saying that they saw his certified long form.
Someone dropped the ball.

Wrong.

He is hiding his vaulted long form. There is NO REASON for him to do that. None.
It is very possible that the long form has 'delayed copy' across the top.

Back when Obama was born, Hawaii issued 'delayed copies' to children who were claimed to have been born on the island but who didn't get a BC through the hospital. In other words - no proof of being born on the Island.

It's also very possible that it says 'white' for race. He was a mixed race baby, born to a white woman. Many times half black babies don't get their skin pigmentation for up to a week after birth. He could have looked white and his BC may say 'white'. That'd really put a damper on his getting 96% of the black vote again in the next election.

There are many possible reasons to explain why he is hiding his vault copy.

But the fact remains ... he IS hiding it.

BTW - George Bush (43) had been accused by some in the left wing of being AWOL during Vietnam. He wasn't required by the Constitution to come up with documents to shut them up, but he did so anyways. He found old medical records showing that he was on post during the time that people questioned where he was. Obama should man-up and do the same. It would be very easy to release the original. It is costing him a fortune not to. He's spending a ton of money to keep it hidden so obviously there is something on that paper that he is desperate not to show.

Wrong. His mother was an American citizen. He is an American citizen. Glad to know you can't be taken seriously. Now please don't talk politics anymore as you will make the conservative movement look bad.

GrumpyOldLady
11-10-2009, 02:49 PM
His mother was an American citizen. He is an American citizen.
If he was born overseas then he'd have a Hawaiian birth certificate that would say 'delayed' on the top.
This would mean his eligibility was in question.

Glad to know you can't be taken seriously.
Back at you slick.

Now please don't talk politics anymore as you will make the conservative movement look bad.
I speak the truth. Deal with it.

Hey slicko ... got that long form to prove to us that he's an American born citizen yet?
No? Didn't think so. ;)