PDA

View Full Version : Westboro Baptist Church Protests Obama Girls' School

Goldwater
11-09-2009, 08:52 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/09/westboro-baptist-church-p_n_350766.html

Westboro Baptist Church, a hate group that travels around the country holding anti-gay rallies, protested outside the school attended by President Obama's children on Monday morning.

The "church," run by Fred Phelps and composed largely of his extensive family, is known for staging its events for maximum publicity and controversy. In the past, members have demonstrated outside troops' funerals. Recently they have been targeting Jewish temples. Now they're aiming their vitriol at Washington-area schools -- including Sidwell Friends, where Malia and Sasha Obama are students.

Big Guy
11-09-2009, 08:55 PM
The Westboro Baptist Church is a bunch of nut cases. I don't particularly like President Obama, his kids are off limits.

Gingersnap
11-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Phelps and his bunch are media whores and lunatics. They're about as Christian my dog. Come to think of it, my dog exhibits a more discerning level of judgment.

Big Guy
11-09-2009, 09:49 PM
I live right out side of Ft. Campbell, Ky they were going to come protest at sodiers funerals here. We have a friendly neighborhood motorcycle club that dared them I mean invited them.

They never showed, go figure.

PoliCon
11-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Obamas media whoring ass has met it's match.

Apocalypse
11-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Is this a kind of sign that even Phelps's group believes even Obama doesn't care for our troops too?

FlaGator
11-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Remember Obama is a democrat so a stand-off between the Phelps and the ATF/FBI can't be to far off in the future. I bet he's got Reno's number on speed dial.

GrumpyOldLady
11-10-2009, 05:11 AM
As a parent I'd find it very frightening to have a bunch of loons do that to my childs school.

Speedy
11-10-2009, 05:49 AM
There is never an armed, pissed off Islamist when you could really use one...

Sonnabend
11-10-2009, 06:31 AM
I don't particularly like President Obama, his kids are off limits.

What a PITY that standard wasnt used for Pres. Bush's daughters. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
11-10-2009, 10:09 AM
What a PITY that standard wasnt used for Pres. Bush's daughters. :rolleyes:

We have standards - they don't.

Goldwater
11-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Perhaps the church will fizzle out once Fred Phelps dies.

linda22003
11-10-2009, 10:51 AM
We have standards - they don't.

I think if Sasha and Malia did as much underage drinking, they'd get attention too.

noonwitch
11-10-2009, 11:00 AM
The Westboro Baptist Church is a bunch of nut cases. I don't particularly like President Obama, his kids are off limits.

It's not even just Obama's kids, it's all the kids who attend the school who have to see the obnoxious signs that the Westboro crowd hold up.

I doubt that anyone will send the ATF after Phelps and his group of nazi-wannabes. He's not worth the effort and he hasn't done anything to threaten the safety of others.

Goldwater
11-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I think if Sasha and Malia did as much underage drinking, they'd get attention too.

Chelsea Clinton got destroyed for being ugly, remember that one?

Speedy
11-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Chelsea Clinton got destroyed for being ugly, remember that one?

Chelsea may have a face that makes dogs howl, stops clocks and makes babies wail, but she is quite the butterface. She has a smoking hot body...butterface...

http://www.dubas.com/dubie/albums/Political/ChelseaClinton.jpg

lacarnut
11-10-2009, 02:10 PM

I doubt it. Your liberal rags would not dare post any negativie info. about them. The Enquirer might. The liberal press kept JFK's pill popping quiet for many years .

linda22003
11-10-2009, 02:13 PM
I doubt it. Your liberal rags would not dare post any negativie info. about them.

They're at an age where about the worst thing you can say is that one took some of the other's Halloween candy.

NJCardFan
11-11-2009, 12:03 AM
For the record, Westboro Baptist Church has as much to do about Christianity as Islamic Wahabbism has to do with peace.

Hanyou
11-11-2009, 12:57 AM
They're at an age where about the worst thing you can say is that one took some of the other's Halloween candy.

I hear their sugar high the day after Halloween was public and pretty embarrassing.

That newsworthy enough?

To be fair, I think it was ridiculous for the liberals to ask that President Bush's daughters go to war, considering we have an all-volunteer military and it's hardly necessary for a President to have kids on the battlefield to make these sorts of decisions. Whether he has the constitutional authority to declare war may be in dispute, but that attack was just a ridiculous ad hominem.

Fortunately, I don't think even the likes of Olbermann were stupid enough to use it. It was mostly on DU and other fringe blogs/forums.

Sonnabend
11-11-2009, 06:49 AM
http://politicalhumor.about.com/b/2006/11/29/bush-twins-in-argentina.htm

The president's twin daughters are celebrating their 25th birthday with a trip to Argentina. Apparently their trip has caused what's known as chaos, to the point where, according to ABCNews.com, the American embassy and many Argentinian officials have strongly suggested the twins return to America. Just to repeat, Argentina, former safe-haven for Nazi war criminals, is drawing the line at the Bush twins."

The hypocrisy is sickening.