PDA

View Full Version : Obama at Fort Hood

GrumpyOldLady
11-10-2009, 01:58 PM
discussion thread on Obama at Fort Hood ....

Story Here (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/10/obama-gets-crack-healer-chief/)

He has promised a full investigation of the Fort Hood shootings but has said little about it as police search for a motive. He has praised religious diversity in the military, trying to offer calm as questions loom about whether the alleged shooter had ties to extremist Islamic ideology. And he has delayed a trip to Asia to attend the memorial service.

He promised a full investigation? This from the guy who IMMEDIATELY said it wasn't terrorism?
Yeah .. like I would trust him to do any investigation on a muslim terrorist. NOT!

Obama delayed a trip to Asia to attend the serivce? He HAD to. If he didn't, the entire country
would have called for his head on a platter. It would have been political suicide.

They arrive.

WHY is Michelle smiling?
http://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/111009_mourn_20091110_131829.jpg

Obama with his white hair and Michelle looking like hers has been in a blender.
http://www.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Politics/0bama_111009_forthood_monster_397x224.jpg

He looks angry to be there.
Big Brother isn't happy with the way that the Ministry of Truth handled this.
She looks like she's holding back a belch or something.

Okay ... on to what he has to say .... 5 minutes until the ceremony.

PoliCon
11-10-2009, 02:00 PM
oh he finally went?

linda22003
11-10-2009, 02:02 PM
He has been scheduled to go to the memorial service for several days now.

GrumpyOldLady
11-10-2009, 02:03 PM
oh he finally went?

Yep. And from the picture he looks angry about being there.
He's probably seriously ticked.
He wanted this to be 'not a terrorist attack .. it's not even being discussed'.
But the truth is coming out ....

stsinner
11-10-2009, 02:03 PM
He should have left his wookie at home. It's insulting enough to have that scumbag addressing our heroes-the same soldiers that he won't support in Afghanistan.

Rebel Yell
11-10-2009, 02:04 PM

But you know if this had happened last year, the President would be a piece of shit for not going straight there.

PoliCon
11-10-2009, 02:04 PM

oooohhhh so when he got flack for not going he decided to go for the photo op.

linda22003
11-10-2009, 02:05 PM
People will hate him for going, just as they would hate him for not going. So?

GrumpyOldLady
11-10-2009, 02:05 PM
He should have left his wookie at home. .
She's smiling on her way from the chopper.
And I know this isn't a fashion show, but my god, what did she do to her hair??

stsinner
11-10-2009, 02:07 PM
She's smiling on her way from the chopper.
And I know this isn't a fashion show, but my god, what did she do to her hair??

Extensions can be a bitch!

PoliCon
11-10-2009, 02:08 PM

he should have just gone without prompting and then there wouldn't be an issue.

linda22003
11-10-2009, 02:10 PM
he should have just gone without prompting and then there wouldn't be an issue.

What is the evidence that he was "prompted"? This sort of thing has become customary for presidents to do.

PoliCon
11-10-2009, 02:16 PM
What is the evidence that he was "prompted"? This sort of thing has become customary for presidents to do.

Well gee - he could have made a trip down there first off instead of going to camp david. He could have gotten there before Bush and before people noticed that he hadn't shown his face down there yet.

GrumpyOldLady
11-10-2009, 02:21 PM
His lax response to the situatioin and jovial mood when he first mentioned it on camera ... his immediate statement that this wasn't terrorism ... everything pointed to the fact that he just wasn't all that into acting presidential in regards to this TERRORIST attack. SOmeone on his staff probably kicked him in the butt to wake him up and told him he had to go. Betchya he whined ...

GrumpyOldLady
11-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Ceremony .... playing music .... Why haven't they started?
Obama is freak'n late again? He's late to everything!

zBoots
11-10-2009, 02:37 PM
These people are too good for Hussein O to filthy up the air they breath. Watching the injured soldiers walk out was heart wrenching. it is a shame that they must have that slime as the CIC.

zBoots
11-10-2009, 02:41 PM

All we ask is that he refrain from any shout outs to his homies.. if only for a few minutes.

stsinner
11-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Ceremony .... playing music .... Why haven't they started?
Obama is freak'n late again? He's late to everything!

His wookie was prolly trying to get that beehive under control!

zBoots
11-10-2009, 02:55 PM
wowowowow
lol

He got the weakest applause from the military I've ever heard given a president.

More than he deserved, but still.. you are not welcome there hussein.

JB
11-10-2009, 03:19 PM
But you know if this had happened last year, the President would be a piece of shit for not going straight there.Dude, don't even bother wasting your time with that liberal.

Rebel Yell
11-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Dude, don't even bother wasting your time with that liberal.

I wasn't talking about her raising hell. Linda is consistently middle of the road on things like this.

linda22003
11-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Dude, don't even bother wasting your time with that liberal.

Here's an idea: why don't you take your own advice?

zBoots
11-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Well... Mr Hussein didnt give any shoutouts to da izhouse and didnt do so bad,so a little credit where due.. thankfully not embarrassing us.

JB
11-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Here's an idea: why don't you take your own advice?I wasn't even replying to you so go pound sand.

You insult too many people on this board. Good posters too. You're an Obama apologist, a RINO at best and a liberal at worst. You'll be called on it. Deal with it.

GrumpyOldLady
11-10-2009, 06:10 PM
He got the weakest applause from the military I've ever heard given a president..
It wasn't really applause. It was more like some folks in the back who gave him a woot and applause.
Rock concert style. They soon shut up when they saw the mood of the event and that it wasn't a
'yes we can' zombie-inn.

At least that's what it seemed like to me.

The speech .... he looked angry to be there. But it was an appropriate speech.
I noticed the teleprompter was in place but he hand carried a note that had the
names of the people who would be there. I betchya the speech forgot to acknowledge
the Generals and Govenors as protocol states. He was reading the names off the
piece of paper before the speech. Looked like a handout for an event kind of thing.

I want to see one of those coins he gave away. Is his mug on it or is it the unit symbol???

GrumpyOldLady
11-10-2009, 06:13 PM
News Max (http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/us_obama_fort_hood_shooter/2009/11/10/284378.html)

FORT HOOD, Texas -- President Barack Obama is blaming "twisted logic" for the killing of 13 men and women at Fort Hood, and says there is no faith that justifies acts he describes as "murderous and craven."

Obama spoke Tuesday at a memorial service for the fallen.

Maj. Nidal Hasan allegedly went on a shooting rampage at the Army post last Thursday. Soldiers reported that Hasan, who is Muslim, shouted the Arabic phrase for "God is Great" before opening fire.

Obama says no just and loving God looks with favor upon the Fort Hood slayings, and that the shooter ultimately will meet justice "in this world and the next."

He said everything except the 't' word.
WHY can't he say the word 'TERRORISM'.
WHY?? It's freak'n strange.

stsinner
11-10-2009, 06:32 PM
News Max (http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/us_obama_fort_hood_shooter/2009/11/10/284378.html)

Just like he can't say the word VICTORY when discussing our mission in Afghanistan.

zBoots
11-10-2009, 06:52 PM

His parents probably went to that Mosque. Hes not gonna even loosely associate them with terrorists.

zBoots
11-10-2009, 09:32 PM
I want to see one of those coins he gave away. Is his mug on it or is it the unit symbol???

Found a pic, very nice challenge coins.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9562/coins.jpg

Big Guy
11-10-2009, 09:47 PM
His parents probably went to that Mosque. Hes not gonna even loosely associate them with terrorists.

Carefull, someone might think you are a conspiracy nut that belives in the tooth fairy.:D

That is a real nice challenge coin, but considering who it came from, not for my collection.:rolleyes:

NJCardFan
11-10-2009, 10:48 PM
You mean like giving little "shout outs" to his cronies before he mentioned word one about the shooting. This man disgusts me with each passing moment. You can continue to lick his boots and not see the obvious. I will not.

zBoots
11-10-2009, 10:52 PM
You mean like giving little "shout outs" to his cronies before he mentioned word one about the shooting. This man disgusts me with each passing moment. You can continue to lick his boots and not see the obvious. I will not.
Well hell, at least he didnt shout "Everybody in my posse gimme a hey -hooo and put yer hands in da air".

Puggsy
11-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Obab didn't have to go out of his way like that..

Well, if NOTHING else, I hear he's faithful to his golf practice.

AmPat
11-11-2009, 01:48 AM

People hate him for the muslim sympathizer he has proven to be.
We hate him for apologizing on our behalf as though we, the USA, are the problem and not the best force for good this world has ever kinown.
We hate him because he is Commander in Chief yet allows fear of his left wing base to put troops and the entire mission in Afghanistan in jeopardy.
We hate him for his "screw you Americans, I'll bankrupt you whether you like it or not."
We hate him for calling us names because we disagree with him. Names like Teabaggers, clingers, fringe, extremists, etc.
We hate him for the liar he is.
We hate him for many reasons BEFORE he went to Ft Hood. He has to earn respect and admiration from us. We don't give it freely like the adoring mindless throng (Crissy "my leg is tingling" Spitball Matthews) that swept him into a job he is unable to perform.

In O Blah Blah's case, there is a perception that he has contempt for the military, he would have been better off not going. The troops don't care much for him. Bush is admired, respected, and even loved by the military as evidenced by his reception. The quiet reserve the military has around the current resident indicates the military attitude toward him.:cool:

Speedy
11-11-2009, 03:08 AM
In O Blah Blah's case, there is a perception that he has contempt for the military, he would have been better off not going.

I am sure that the families of the victims took little comfort from his going. The military knows how Obama feels about them. Obama probably thinks they adore him.

GrumpyOldLady
11-11-2009, 05:58 AM
Carefull, someone might think you are a conspiracy nut that belives in the tooth fairy.:D
Not all conspiracies are crazy. Some are very real.

I am sure that the families of the victims took little comfort from his going. The military knows how Obama feels about them. Obama probably thinks they adore him.
Like it was pointed out. There wasn't much of an applause when he showed up.
Some woots in the way back ... but they died down when they saw what everyone else did.
And I'm sure that the fact that Obama won't call this what it is - TERRORISM - irks the family members.

Big Guy
11-11-2009, 09:40 AM
Not all conspiracies are crazy. Some are very real.

Like it was pointed out. There wasn't much of an applause when he showed up.
Some woots in the way back ... but they died down when they saw what everyone else did.
And I'm sure that the fact that Obama won't call this what it is - TERRORISM - irks the family members.

I agree that not all conspiracies are crazy. I was just taking a cheap shot at someone, was I wrong for that?:D

stsinner
11-11-2009, 09:51 AM
People hate him for the muslim sympathizer he has proven to be.
We hate him for apologizing on our behalf as though we, the USA, are the problem and not the best force for good this world has ever kinown.
We hate him because he is Commander in Chief yet allows fear of his left wing base to put troops and the entire mission in Afghanistan in jeopardy.
We hate him for his "screw you Americans, I'll bankrupt you whether you like it or not."
We hate him for calling us names because we disagree with him. Names like Teabaggers, clingers, fringe, extremists, etc.
We hate him for the liar he is.
We hate him for many reasons BEFORE he went to Ft Hood. He has to earn respect and admiration from us. We don't give it freely like the adoring mindless throng (Crissy "my leg is tingling" Spitball Matthews) that swept him into a job he is unable to perform.

In O Blah Blah's case, there is a perception that he has contempt for the military, he would have been better off not going. The troops don't care much for him. Bush is admired, respected, and even loved by the military as evidenced by his reception. The quiet reserve the military has around the current resident indicates the military attitude toward him.:cool:

That was an awesome and accurate post!

Has anyone found a YouTube video of the comparisons of the receptions yet? There's got to be one out there!

AmPat
11-11-2009, 11:21 AM

Has anyone found a YouTube video of the comparisons of the receptions yet? There's got to be one out there!
Thank you. Heartfelt if nothing else.

Goldwater
11-11-2009, 11:54 AM

True, also applies to the previous Presidents, just depends what side of the fence you are on.

Gingersnap
11-11-2009, 12:06 PM

Oh, I'm sure he's painfully aware of the lack of enthusiasm he generates among the military. As others have pointed out, he's damned either way over this thing.

He's used political correctness to hardwire his base and regardless of what else comes out of this investigation, political correctness killed a bunch of people and wounded even more. If they admit that religious terrorism caused it, then it happened on his watch in his military. If they claim it was "sudden jihad syndrome" or some other silly excuse, he still looks like a fool for commanding a military so inept that even the shrinks are psychotic.

samurai
11-12-2009, 12:14 AM

This isn't from Ft Hood, but it still shows the stark difference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIHz5tevLAw

GrumpyOldLady
11-12-2009, 06:34 AM
This isn't from Ft Hood, but it still shows the stark difference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIHz5tevLAw

PRICELESS! I'm emailing to some folks I know right now. Thanks. :)

Speedy
11-12-2009, 07:31 AM

There is probably no video of Bush's interaction with the troops. You see, he had no speech and there were no cameras.

When my daughter was wounded in Iraq she was stabilized in Iraq, then sent to Germany and finally to Walter Reed. President Bush dropped in to see the troops (my ex-wife and I arrived at Walter Reed just after the President did and the Secret Service had locked the hospital down tighter than a drum). There was only one photographer with the President and he only took pictures of the soldiers who wanted to do so. My daughter said that it was not a photo op. It was a visit from a Commander in Chief who was truly concerned.

President Bush asked my daughter how she had gotten wounded and presented her with her Purple Heart. He also prayed with her, poured her some juice and not only expressed that she was a more important person than he was, she felt it. He knew that he had been the one who ordered the soldiers to Iraq, but that they had to be the ones to face the bullets. My daughter has no doubt that her Commander in Chief had a deep appreciation for her service and sacrifice. I get no sense of this in the slightest from our current President.