PDA

View Full Version : Casualties of Diversity?

Goldwater
11-10-2009, 07:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n72Pd_aEAig

Interesting take on it, something for conservatives and liberals to like and hate.

stsinner
11-10-2009, 07:28 PM
That was an excellent video with excellent points.

Hanyou
11-10-2009, 07:58 PM
I regularly read/watch Jack Hunter's columns and videos, and this video is as insightful as all his others. He's an old-school conservative, so he's regularly rallied against government spending, hate crime laws, political correctness, etc.

He is a non-interventionist, so I don't know how popular he would be on these forums...for what it's worth, I tend to agree with the vast majority of what he says. Our domestic policy has a tendency to be too permissive, but so does our foreign policy, in that we think intervening in foreign countries can reform centuries of embedded ideology on a grand scale. It doesn't work that way, nor should it. The difficulty terrorism presents to conventional conservatism is that it's mobile. The cold war was no walk in the park, and communism was perceived as a real threat to liberty everywhere, but radical Islam spreads like wildfire, especially in the middle east. Mention Blowback and some conservatives get pissed, but it's no secret we need to pick our battles carefully without placing ourselves in danger.

At home, we need to preserve our American identity. I'm sick and tired of having to accommodate different cultures and pretend like they're all equivalent. It doesn't mean we need to practice active intolerance, but our country was not designed to be a melting pot. There is a very real, potent, and powerful American identity, and it is incompatible with radical Islam in all venues, here or abroad. It's also incompatible with the unitarian universalism of modern liberalism, the sick progressive "community" ideal that would have us incorporate "the best elements" of every culture piecemeal.

patriot45
11-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Diversity in all areas will be a large part of our downfall.

Up next.....

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/aaa111.jpg