PDA

View Full Version : DC Sniper Executed

zBoots
11-10-2009, 09:50 PM
ARRATT, Va. (AP) - John Allen Muhammad, the mastermind of the sniper attacks that terrorized the nation's capital region for three weeks in October 2002, was executed Tuesday. Muhammad died by injection at 9:11 p.m. at Greensville Correctional Center in Jarratt, prison spokesman Larry Traylor said.

He said Muhammad had no final statement and that Traylor didn't hear him utter any words during the execution.

Muhammad was executed for killing Dean Harold Meyers, who was shot in the head at a Manassas gas station during a spree that left 10 dead across Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=25&sid=1763813

I dont think I'd shed a tear if his partner was right along side him.

And it damn sure should have been public.

Big Guy
11-10-2009, 09:53 PM
I think I am going to celebrate. :D

stsinner
11-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Oh, how I wish I could have witnessed that... Justice is so elusive these days.

SarasotaRepub
11-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Another POS dead??? Good.

Jumpy
11-10-2009, 10:34 PM
I watched the news on it with the boyftriend, and some neighbors. The killer had a nice way to die. Apparantly he just gets to fall asleep.. as if he were prepping to have his wisdom teeth pulled.

One of his lawyers said that since he was "mentally ill", he shouldve been put in a cement box for the rest of his life. Seriously, I think the death penalty is way more humane than putting a creature in a "cement box" for life. I would much rather just execute them.

Hawkgirl
11-10-2009, 10:38 PM
I think he should have been executed by the electric chair or firing squad.

stsinner
11-10-2009, 10:40 PM

I agree.. But the new kinder, gentler world in which we live doesn't want shitheads mistreated in the slightest way.. I'll bet they even cleaned the IV injection site with iodine before the needle and catheter were inserted...

Big Guy
11-10-2009, 10:40 PM
I think they should be put to death in the way they murdered. He should have faced a firing squad. A concrete box is too good for him, he should be in a pine box at best.

Puggsy
11-10-2009, 10:42 PM

electric noose, and shot after the first bounce.

zBoots
11-10-2009, 10:45 PM
I think they should be put to death in the way they murdered. He should have faced a firing squad. A concrete box is too good for him, he should be in a pine box at best.

Firing squad is an honorable soldiers death.

Hanging is fine.

Teetop
11-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Put the piece of shit on the Fort Benning (http://www.tradoc.army.mil/PAO/training_closeup/sniperschool.htm) Sniper Range and let Snipers take pop shots at this asshole. :rolleyes:

For ten years. :cool:

Big Guy
11-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Put the piece of shit on the Fort Benning (http://www.tradoc.army.mil/PAO/training_closeup/sniperschool.htm) Sniper Range and let Snipers take pop shots at this asshole. :rolleyes:

For ten years. :cool:

Moving targets are fun.:D

Teetop
11-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Moving targets are fun.:D

Don't kill him. Let this piece of crap live another day...

Cruel and unusual punishment?

I would give him what he gave his victims....

enslaved1
11-10-2009, 11:35 PM
I heard Boortz this morning celebrating the upcoming execution, and see a few here. I support the death penalty, and think this guy deserved it for the heinousness of the crime, and agree that a firing squad would be very appropriate, but I still ain't celebrating anyone's death.

xavierob82
11-11-2009, 01:24 PM

Both are painless in that the subject loses consciousness in an instant. Same with hanging.

You want painful and terrifying? Gas chamber is the way to go.

Big Guy
11-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Don't kill him. Let this piece of crap live another day...

Cruel and unusual punishment?

I would give him what he gave his victims....

Give him to the new guys who are trying to get accepted to sniper school.:D

Big Guy
11-11-2009, 02:33 PM
I heard Boortz this morning celebrating the upcoming execution, and see a few here. I support the death penalty, and think this guy deserved it for the heinousness of the crime, and agree that a firing squad would be very appropriate, but I still ain't celebrating anyone's death.

I can respect you for that.

But I have no problem toasting to his death or making light of it.

hampshirebrit
11-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Getting a bit ghoulish in here.

The fucker is dead, and I'm glad of it, because of what he did. I'm hoping the same happens to the Fort Hood terrorist scumbag, too, preferably quicker.

But let's not get carried away with ideas of making them suffer. That kind of shit belongs back in the middle ages. Making them dead, quickly, should be good enough.

Torturing someone to death, whatever the circumstances, is not something we should aspire to, unless we're looking to become more like them.

JB
11-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Getting a bit ghoulish in here.

The fucker is dead, and I'm glad of it, because of what he did. I'm hoping the same happens to the Fort Hood terrorist scumbag, too, preferably quicker.

But let's not get carried away with ideas of making them suffer. That kind of shit belongs back in the middle ages. Making them dead, quickly, should be good enough.

Torturing someone to death, whatever the circumstances, is not something we should aspire to, unless we're looking to become more like them.meh. If the intent of the death penalty is deterrence then the slower the better. Televise it too.

Enjoy hell Mo.

hampshirebrit
11-11-2009, 05:49 PM
meh. If the intent of the death penalty is deterrence then the slower the better. Televise it too.

Enjoy hell Mo.

The intent of the death penalty is justice, not revenge, and not deterrence, either. If the perp is bonkers enough, he will be inured to either. He won't give a shit. He will go out and do it, and do it worse.

The only reason for executing someone is that they have done something horrible, something that they are proud of having done, and that they would do again, given the slightest chance. The only reason for executing such a person is that society has legally agreed that they need to be gone, and the risks associated with their incarceration and possible escape or release are too large to be manageable.

If you really want to have millions of people jacking off to televised images of someone getting executed, then go for it, televise it, because I am sure you will bust the current Neilson ratings the first time you do so. There will be big problems arising from taking this step, though.

Televising it will not stop future perps doing the same... in fact, televising it just once will almost guarantee that some will want go out and do the same, in the hope of going out in the same burst of twisted, televised glory.

You have to admit, at the least, that any serious failed jihadi like Hasan would crave a public execution.

Big Guy
11-11-2009, 05:58 PM
The intent of the death penalty is justice, not revenge, and not deterrence, either. If the perp is bonkers enough, he will be inured to either. He won't give a shit. He will go out and do it, and do it worse.

The only reason for executing someone is that they have done something horrible, something that they are proud of having done, and that they would do again, given the slightest chance. The only reason for executing such a person is that society has legally agreed that they need to be gone, and the risks associated with their incarceration and possible escape or release are too large to be manageable.

If you really want to have millions of people jacking off to televised images of someone getting executed, then go for it, televise it, because I am sure you will bust the current Neilson ratings the first time you do so. There will be big problems arising from taking this step, though.

Televising it will not stop future perps doing the same... in fact, televising it just once will almost guarantee that some will want go out and do the same, in the hope of going out in the same burst of twisted, televised glory.

You have to admit, at the least, that any serious failed jihadi like Hasan would crave a public execution.
Well, if we did it on pay per view we could pay all the expenses.:D

JB
11-11-2009, 06:01 PM
The intent of the death penalty is justice, not revenge, and not deterrence, either.Sorry, but the intent of the death penalty is deterrence. Whether it works or not is another converstation.
You have to admit, at the least, that any serious failed jihadi like Hasan would crave a public execution.Not with a last meal BLT. Unfortunately that cruel and unusual thingy keeps getting in the way so my creative solutions will have to remain a dream I guess.

hampshirebrit
11-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Well, if we did it on pay per view we could pay all the expenses.:D

That's a good point. :D

Seriously though, witnessing something like this can corrupt the person witnessing it. And even if not, the images are not anything anyone would want to hold on to.