PDA

View Full Version : HBO - "by the people"

GrumpyOldLady
11-13-2009, 12:30 PM
:mad: UGH. Have you seen the ads for this piece of propaganda-garbage?
HBO keeps running it.
I'm going to cancel HBO.
I don't want to be paying for this bunk.

noonwitch
11-13-2009, 01:04 PM
I have HBO for the movies, Big Love and True Blood. I don't watch all their other crap.

linda22003
11-13-2009, 01:07 PM
I don't have political issues with any channel - if I don't like something, I change the channel - but we have a premium movie package that we don't use much. We're cancelling HBO/Encore/Starz/Cinemax because the package is $25/month on top of our regular cable bill. We can get a lot more movies from Netflix. :) I haven't seen a compelling need to keep HBO since The Sopranos ended.

FlaGator
11-13-2009, 06:29 PM
I don't have political issues with any channel - if I don't like something, I change the channel - but we have a premium movie package that we don't use much. We're cancelling HBO/Encore/Starz/Cinemax because the package is $25/month on top of our regular cable bill. We can get a lot more movies from Netflix. :) I haven't seen a compelling need to keep HBO since The Sopranos ended.

Help out GOL and tell them your canceling because of 'by the people'

linda22003
11-14-2009, 08:07 AM
Help out GOL and tell them your canceling because of 'by the people'

I don't even know what that is, so, no. :confused:

AlmostThere
11-14-2009, 01:06 PM
The whole title is "By The People: The Election of Barack Obama"

Speedy
11-14-2009, 01:08 PM
I have HBO for the movies, Big Love and True Blood. I don't watch all their other crap.

I do not have any Premium Channels but I thought that True Blood was on Showtime.

linda22003
11-14-2009, 03:21 PM
The whole title is "By The People: The Election of Barack Obama"

Doesn't sound like something I would have watched.

Apache
11-14-2009, 04:01 PM
:mad: UGH. Have you seen the ads for this piece of propaganda-garbage?
HBO keeps running it.
I'm going to cancel HBO.
I don't want to be paying for this bunk.

Nope. There's enough chrome-plated crap on regular cable, why would I pay extra for more? ;)

:D