PDA

View Full Version : Global warming is not our fault, say most voters in Times poll

bijou
11-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Less than half the population believes that human activity is to blame for global warming, according to an exclusive poll for The Times.

The revelation that ministers have failed in their campaign to persuade the public that the greenhouse effect is a serious threat requiring urgent action will make uncomfortable reading for the Government as it prepares for next monthís climate change summit in Copenhagen.

Only 41 per cent accept as an established scientific fact that global warming is taking place and is largely man-made. Almost a third (32 per cent) believe that the link is not yet proved; 8 per cent say that it is environmentalist propaganda to blame man and 15 per cent say that the world is not warming.

Tory voters are more likely to doubt the scientific evidence that man is to blame. Only 38 per cent accept it, compared with 45 per cent of Labour supporters and 47 per cent of Liberal Democrat voters.

The high level of scepticism underlines the difficulty the Government will have in persuading the public to accept higher green taxes to help to meet Britainís legally binding targets to cut carbon emissions by 34 per cent by 2020 and 80 per cent by 2050. ...

link (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6916648.ece)

Goldwater
11-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Global Warming activists overplayed the "end of the world" scenario and people didn't buy it, basically.

hampshirebrit
11-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Well done, Teh Beej. :D I nearly posted this one myself when I saw it this morning.

TxTenther
11-17-2009, 09:25 PM
"The high level of scepticism underlines the difficulty the Government will have in persuading the public to accept higher green taxes to help to meet Britainís legally binding targets to cut carbon emissions by 34 per cent by 2020 and 80 per cent by 2050. ..."

Legally binding targets says it all. The taxpayers will be raped because of the fear mongering of politicians, the lies of environmentalists and the reluctance of those very same taxpayers to put the brakes on the politicians who entered these agreements. And Al Gore is getting filthy rich off of the hysteria.

Rockntractor
11-17-2009, 09:30 PM
It's all my fault. I caused it. I'm sorry!

patriot45
11-17-2009, 09:39 PM

Mr. Methane hasn't been helping either! :D

Big Guy
11-17-2009, 09:47 PM

No no, it was me. But I hate the cold. :D

FlaGator
11-18-2009, 08:18 AM
And all this time I was blaming it on alien "terrafarming" of the planet to change it into a more suitable climate for the arrival of our reptilian alien overlords on December 21, 2012.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/flagator/algorefire.jpg