PDA

View Full Version : Obama to China - "uncensored society is healthy'

GrumpyOldLady
11-16-2009, 06:40 AM
YAHOO News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091116/ap_on_bi_ge/obama)

"I think that the more freely information flows, the stronger the society becomes, because then citizens of countries around the world can hold their own governments accountable," Obama said Monday in a town hall with students during his first-ever trip to China. "They can begin to think for themselves."

I'm a big supporter of non-censorship," Obama said. "I recognize that different countries have different traditions. I can tell you that in the United States, the fact that we have free Internet — or unrestricted Internet access is a source of strength, and I think should be encouraged."

Says Big Brother Obama who is trying to marginalize FOX news and who threatens democrats who appear on that channel.

Says Big Brother Obama who recently told people to turn in their friends and neighbors on a special hot line to the government if they were speaking ill of Obamacare.

Obama's brown shirts are very active in the USA and the lies his propaganda machines spew are vile ... but he goes to China and says this? He certainly doesn't practice what he's preaching over there.

noonwitch
11-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Marginalizing FOX is hardly the same thing as censorship. FOX is still on the air, and I don't hear of any threats to that. It's not censorship if a government official chooses not to appear on shows on one network, if they don't like the point of view presented by that network. It might not be very diplomatic, but it's not censorship. The chinese don't allow the expression of any opinion on television or in the papers but the government line. That is censorship, although I don't know how the chicoms can really do it effeciently, with 6 billion or so people to watch on the internet and having more businesses and international contacts than in the past.

Goldwater
11-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Marginalizing FOX is hardly the same thing as censorship. FOX is still on the air, and I don't hear of any threats to that.

Thats basically the censorship argument gone right there. However bills like that require networks or channels to have a certain amount of time for a perspective is not healthy for a free society.