PDA

View Full Version : AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

Rebel Yell
11-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Sarah Palin is no normal politician, and at the Associated Press, apparently "Going Rogue" is no normal book.

When the former Republican vice presidential candidate and former Alaska governor wrote her autobiography, the AP found a copy before its release date and assigned 11 people to fact check all 432 pages.

The AP claims Palin misstated her record with regard to travel expenses and taxpayer-funded bailouts, using statements widely reported elsewhere. But it also speculated into Palin's motives for writing "Going Rogue: An American Life," stating as fact that the book "has all the characteristics of a pre-campaign manifesto."

<snip>

Reviewing books and holding public figures accountable is at the core of good journalism, but the treatment Palin's book received appears to be something new for the AP. The organization did not review for accuracy recent books by the late Sen. Ted Kennedy, then-Sen. Joe Biden, either book by Barack Obama released before he was president or autobiographies by Bill or Hillary Clinton. The AP did more traditional news stories on those books.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/17/ap-turns-heads-devoting-reporters-palin-book-fact-check/

Although not listed, I dare say they didn't send anyone to fact check An Inconvenient Truth.

GrumpyOldLady
11-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Gore and Obama get off ... Palin gets put through hell. :mad:

patriot45
11-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Let em assigm 11 hotdogs to fact check the stimulus bill or the healthcare fiasco!!

Never happen!!

AmPat
11-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Why this is,,,,,is,,,,A HATE CRIME!:rolleyes:

When will these morons be held accountable?:mad:

lacarnut
11-18-2009, 11:55 AM
What is funny is that the more the loons on the left attack her, the more books she will sell, and will increase her ability to raise political funds for candidates that she supports in 2010.

GrumpyOldLady
11-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Why this is,,,,,is,,,,A HATE CRIME

Actually, that's probably true.

FlaGator
11-18-2009, 01:18 PM
I wish this wasn't called fact checking. It should be called for what it is, digging for dirt.

PoliCon
11-18-2009, 04:07 PM
I wish this wasn't called fact checking. It should be called for what it is, digging for dirt.

The press once again show their bias. How many AP reporters were devoted to fact checking Barry's book(s)?

Sonnabend
11-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Did they charge per 12 word paragraph?

"Imagine that," the post read. "11 AP reporters dedicating time and resources to tearing up the book, instead of using the time and resources to 'fact check' what's going on with Sheik Mohammed's trial, Pelosi's health care takeover costs, Hasan's associations, etc. Amazing."http://mixmatters.com/record_pools/direct_hit_logo.jpg

The AP, however, regularly writes "fact checks" for major political speeches, such as a September health care speech by President Obama.

*crickets chirping*

Speedy
11-18-2009, 08:32 PM
The AP, however, regularly writes "fact checks" for major political speeches, such as a September health care speech by President Obama.

And everything was OKAY! Yay! Unicorns! Puppies! Rainbows! Yay!

noonwitch
11-19-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't ever want Sarah Palin to be president, but I think many of the attacks on her are unfair-especially those regarding her family, and the bs over the designer clothes. Please-the McCain people decide she needs to be dressed differently, buy her and her family a bunch of expensive clothes, then tell the media it was all her idea, when she probably would have been perfectly happy wearing her own clothes.

She looked nice in the outfits that she wore to the convention.

Speedy
11-19-2009, 02:45 PM
I don't ever want Sarah Palin to be president.

Why? Because she is "inexperienced?" Because she has no grasp of foreign policy? Because she is uneducated?

What was it that made Obama so appealing to the brainless idiots that vote for him? His experience? The guy is so far over his head it is ridiculous! How decisive has he been on Afghanistan? He is a joke to the world now. And his education? His records are sealed so it is pointless to bring that up. As far as I am concerned he was a mediocre student. Not willing to say different until I see something that says different.

I am not saying that Palin would be the greatest President since Lincoln, but with Sara, there would have been no Cash for Clunkers, no closing of Gitmo, no indecisiveness on Afghanistan, no national healthcare coming down the pike, no tax increases and no wasted trillions in bailouts. This would be worse?

noonwitch
11-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Why? Because she is "inexperienced?" Because she has no grasp of foreign policy? Because she is uneducated?

What was it that made Obama so appealing to the brainless idiots that vote for him? His experience? The guy is so far over his head it is ridiculous! How decisive has he been on Afghanistan? He is a joke to the world now. And his education? His records are sealed so it is pointless to bring that up. As far as I am concerned he was a mediocre student. Not willing to say different until I see something that says different.

I am not saying that Palin would be the greatest President since Lincoln, but with Sara, there would have been no Cash for Clunkers, no closing of Gitmo, no indecisiveness on Afghanistan, no national healthcare coming down the pike, no tax increases and no wasted trillions in bailouts. This would be worse?

Obama was not my first choice-Hillary was.

I'm a liberal feminist. I'm sure Sarah Palin would be a great neighbor and friend, but I don't want her to be president.

Jfor
11-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Obama was not my first choice-Hillary was.

I'm a liberal feminist. I'm sure Sarah Palin would be a great neighbor and friend, but I don't want her to be president.

You are a liberal feminist yet you don't want Palin as President? That is so crazy. Is it because she was succesful career woman who was able to raise a family? What makes you think Hillary Clinton was any more qualified to be President than palin?

Rebel Yell
11-19-2009, 04:37 PM
You are a liberal feminist yet you don't want Palin as President? That is so crazy. Is it because she was succesful career woman who was able to raise a family? What makes you think Hillary Clinton was any more qualified to be President than palin?

Because liberal feminists are suppose to have two orgasms for each time they have intercourse. One with their partner and one with the abortion doctor.

lacarnut
11-19-2009, 04:59 PM

Like most liberals, they can not tell us why. Is it because she is for a strong economy? Is it because she wants lower taxes? Is it because she wants to streamline our government to get rid of waste? Is it because she wants a strong defense?

Heavens to Betsy. It's because she did not go to an Ivy league school so she can not be as smart as Obama. However, we don't know what his grades are because this POS will not authorize release. Plus, all these so called intellectuals in the WH and Democrats in Congress are too fucking stupid to pay their taxes correctly.