PDA

View Full Version : The Palin Experience

patriot45
11-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Libs are nasty and vile! Okay I got that out of the way! :D But here is a good take on the Palin attempted beatdown. (http://townhall.com/columnists/DavidHarsanyi/2009/11/18/the_palin_experience?page=full&comments=true)

These days, where you fall on the crucial issue of Sarah Palin tells the rest of us all we need to know about your character. You're either A) a scum-sucking, terror-loving elitist or B) a radical, tea bag-loving simpleton.

Yet believe it or not, one can (as I do) admire Palin's charisma and roots, appreciate her dissent on the policy experiments brainy folks in Washington are cooking up and, at the same time, believe she has no business running for president in 2012.

In fact, all you haters out there motivate me to root for her.

There's nothing wrong, for instance, with The Associated Press' assigning a crack team of investigative journalists to sift through every word of Palin's book, "Going Rogue," for inaccuracies. You only wish similarly methodical muckraking were applied to President Barack Obama's two self-aggrandizing tomes -- or even the health care or cap-and-trade bills, for that matter.

The widely read blogger and purveyor of all truth, Andrew Sullivan, was impelled to blog 17 times on the subject of Palin on the same day Americans learned that the Obama administration had awarded $6.7 billion in stimulus money to nonexistent congressional districts -- which did not merit a single mention. To see what is in front of one's nose demands a constant struggle, I guess.

And it's not just bloggers. What choice do media outlets have but to provide comprehensive coverage of pistachio salesman and Playgirl-posing Levi Johnston, doltish erstwhile father of Palin's grandchild, a man whose only discernible talents are the possession of operational sperm and the ability to humiliate the former vice presidential nominee?

How could a major magazine, such as Newsweek, be expected to use a cover photo of Palin campaigning or spending time with her child who has Down syndrome, when editors simply could borrow a shot of the 45-year-old mother of five decked out in her exercise tights -- nudge nudge, wink wink -- from a Runner's World piece and slap the headline "How Do You Solve A Problem Like Sarah?" onto it?

continued (http://townhall.com/columnists/DavidHarsanyi/2009/11/18/the_palin_experience?page=2)

lacarnut
11-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Her book tour is going to be huge and it just drives liberals insane. She should ignore these lunatics that are sniping at her, and keep on message of job creation, lower taxes, economy, etc.

Gingersnap
11-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Tha's an excellent piece!

I like Palin. I think she genuinely values conservative ideals and I think she's more interested in righting what's wrong with the country than she is in feathering some future nest or wielding an army of special interests. I like her personality. When I've heard her speak I really had the feeling that she was speaking with her audience rather than to her audience. Putting herself through school, raising a bunch of kids, managing a home business, and her rise through local politics are all pluses for me.

That said, I expect I'll like Palin a lot more as a presidential candidate in 10 years or so. I'd feel that way about any potential candidate with her experience (and she has more experience in politics than our current president).

What I don't like (and my friends don't seem to like it much either) is the relentless hatred of Palin not for her views or her political positions but for herself. Her looks, her accent, her reproductive choices, her daughter, her hobbies, her parents, her wardrobe, and her faith. In short, they hate Palin for being somebody who is not them in an incredibly personal way.

But that vitriol reads as people who hate Palin probably also hate some of those same things about me. This is a very unintended but very real consequence of PDS. I've heard the same thoughts from some other women over the past couple of days and those women aren't conservatives.

lacarnut
11-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Don't forget to tune in to Hannity tonight when he goes one on one with the next President of the US.:)