PDA

View Full Version : Obama Caught In Brand New Gaffe

Gingersnap
07-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Obama incorrectly claims membership of Senate committee
Posted: 12:00 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Alexander Marquardt

Barack Obama claimed to be a member of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee, which he is not.
(CNN) – Responding to an Israeli reporter’s question Wednesday on his commitment to protect the Jewish state, Barack Obama pointed to a bill “we passed” in the U.S. Senate Banking Committee that tightens sanctions and authorizes divestment from Iran. “My committee,” he called it.

Except that he isn’t a member of the Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs.

“Just this past week, we passed out of the out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee - which is my committee - a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don’t obtain a nuclear weapon,” Obama said at a press conference in Sderot, Israel.

(snip)

Obama’s campaign has not yet responded to CNN’s request for clarification of his remark.

Was this the royal "we"? :rolleyes:

CNN Politicalticker (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/07/23/obama-incorrectly-claims-membership-of-senate-committee/)

megimoo
07-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Was this the royal "we"? :rolleyes:

CNN Politicalticker (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/07/23/obama-incorrectly-claims-membership-of-senate-committee/)He keeps tripping over his foolish lies.He is either a very confused person or a liar with a very poor memory !

Bongo55
07-23-2008, 05:54 PM
This must be some of that audacity crap we heard so much about. I have a great deal of fear for the future of our country.

How does he keep getting away with this crap?

lacarnut
07-23-2008, 06:05 PM
He keeps tripping over his foolish lies.He is either a very confused person or a liar with a very poor memory !

Like many politicians, he think his lies will not come back to bite him in the ass. When it comes to foreign affairs, he is in deep doo doo. By the time the election comes areound, the Repubs will volumes of goodies like this including the number of states in the US (57 by his account).

Phillygirl
07-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Okay, it's rare for me to defend Obama and his gaffes, but here goes. When on foreign soil I can understand the royal "we". He's a member of the Senate and using "we" I think is not inappropriate. As between us (America) and "them" (everybody else), it should be "we" when overseas and I don't think it's a real issue regarding whether or not he's actually on that committee.

Gingersnap
07-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Okay, it's rare for me to defend Obama and his gaffes, but here goes. When on foreign soil I can understand the royal "we". He's a member of the Senate and using "we" I think is not inappropriate. As between us (America) and "them" (everybody else), it should be "we" when overseas and I don't think it's a real issue regarding whether or not he's actually on that committee.

You can't think that really extends to "my committee". :p

Phillygirl
07-23-2008, 08:44 PM
You can't think that really extends to "my committee". :p

Uhhh...yeah, that's what I get for skimming. :o

Never mind, then.

lacarnut
07-23-2008, 08:49 PM

We (meaning the Senate) passed a bill is ok but when he says "My Committiee" (meaning mine) that is a stretch and is not accurate.

Phillygirl
07-23-2008, 08:52 PM
We (meaning the Senate) passed a bill is ok but when he says "My Committiee" (meaning mine) that is a stretch and is not accurate.

Yeah...Ginger pointed out my gaffe.

It will be another 4 months before I attempt to defend the man!

lacarnut
07-23-2008, 08:57 PM

Good, we need all the help we can get to defeat this turkey.

Zeus
07-23-2008, 09:49 PM

Shame of it all is he does a pretty good job of it him damn self. If people would just pay attention and take him to task for it.

rjas77
07-24-2008, 02:25 AM

With the MSM in his bed I don't think it's gunna happen

AmPat
07-24-2008, 04:38 AM

You must be a really good attorney to defend him in the first place. I'll keep you in mind.:D

LibraryLady
07-24-2008, 04:42 AM
"Not only is it not his committee, but he's not even on the committee, he didn't vote on the bill, and he had nothing to do with it's passage," the McCain campaign said in a statement. "Neither has Barack busied himself with work on the committees to which he does belong, such as the Subcommittee on European Affairs, which he chairs and has only convened once.

"Barack Obama has been largely absent from the Senate since his arrival, spending most of his time running for president,"

http://www.gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/

Constitutionally Speaking
07-24-2008, 06:07 AM
He keeps tripping over his foolish lies.He is either a very confused person or a liar with a very poor memory !

And the voting public will remain ignorant of his complete incompetence - instead the press will report on the wonderful (but non defined and ever shifting) CHANGE he will bring.

lacarnut
07-24-2008, 09:55 AM
With the MSM in his bed I don't think it's gunna happen

Watch and see, Grasshopper.

LibraryLady
07-24-2008, 09:56 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/Obama/lb0724cd.jpg

Teetop
07-24-2008, 10:16 AM

That's just the attorney in you.

:p

:D