PDA

View Full Version : Latest Reputation Received

hampshirebrit
11-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Using the reputation button to attack another poster is for pussies, in much the same way as using the ignore button to ignore people one does not like is for pussies.

Why is this particularly true of the reputation button? Well, it's easy: because the identity of the OP that authored the reputation is not revealed to the recipient. How utterly pussy can you get?

Today, I received this one (the red one, at the top of the list). It is both utterly pathetic and whether one decides to view it either in or out of context, is completely irrational and sadly, entirely typical of the person who posted it.

I don't give a shit about anonymously delivered "reputations". My own opinion of myself is good enough for me. That's not the point. I have had to tolerate a good deal of sniping in the past few weeks that as a mod I have to restrain myself in responding to too bluntly, and my shoulders are broad enough to handle it. Right now, I am more embarrassed on behalf of the OP

Please, take a good look at this sorry piece of internet shit, and then ask yourself if it is possible to get more pussyfied:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h281/hampshirebrit/DSC01556.jpg

I don't mind anyone taking issue with any position I might take. Have at it, if you think you have a case. Just do it like a man. Don't hide behind this kind of shit. Doing so makes you look far worse than me.

If anyone has an issue with me, or with another member, or with another mod, then start a dome thread and fight like a man, or shut the fuck up. If you can't or won't fight your corner, then hit the alert button. This is not much to ask.

This is not a mod message. This is my viewpoint. I am HampshireBrit and I approve this message.

Rockntractor
11-19-2009, 07:12 PM
I didn't do it! I'm already in trouble for causing that whole global warming thing.

hampshirebrit
11-19-2009, 07:18 PM
I didn't do it! I'm already in trouble for causing that whole global warming thing.

LOL. :D No, you're good, dude. Even though you think Macs are for retards, you're still OK. :D

Rockntractor
11-19-2009, 07:24 PM
LOL. :D No, you're good, dude. Even though you think Macs are for retards, you're still OK. :D
Actually i am the one that recommended one to ginger. I was just bored and needed a reason to pick on people!:D

hampshirebrit
11-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Actually i am the one that recommended one to ginger. I was just bored and needed a reason to pick on people!:D

Yeah yeah, right. I like your new piggy, by the way. Very halal. ;)

JB
11-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Note to CU membership: I think mods know who gave who reputation. Or maybe it's just the admin group.

Unless one of them wants to confirm, your reputation comment may not be so anonymous. ;)

hampshirebrit
11-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Note to CU membership: I think mods know who gave who reputation. Or maybe it's just the admin group.

Unless one of them wants to confirm, your reputation comment may not be so anonymous. ;)

Definitely not. Mods cannot see this information. I know in this case who it was, b/c it's obvious, but not via any information I've got from my mod position. I have no idea where the good reps came from either. I can hazard a guess, but I don't, as a mod, know for sure.

Gingersnap
11-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Luckily, most of the people on this board are over the age of 15 and so the rep feature just isn't all that interesting to us.

hampshirebrit
11-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Luckily, most of the people on this board are over the age of 15 and so the rep feature just isn't all that interesting to us.

True that. Although you are about the only member with two repu-pips here. :p

Gingersnap
11-19-2009, 07:58 PM
True that. Although you are about the only member with two repu-pips here. :p

That's probably because when we've gone through these discussion board-toy interludes, I'm pretty lavish with the handouts. Or it could be that one camo pic. Who knows, really? :D

JB
11-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Definitely not. Mods cannot see this information. Wasn't sure about mods. Admin can.

Besides, you should be more concerned about those ghey icons on the bottom of your screen.

Bubba Dawg
11-19-2009, 08:17 PM
I kept adding to my own reputation until i started getting hairly palms.....

Rockntractor
11-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Wasn't sure about mods. Admin can.

Besides, you should be more concerned about those ghey icons on the bottom of your screen.

God knows too!

megimoo
11-19-2009, 08:57 PM
God knows too!Apple Craplets !

hampshirebrit
11-19-2009, 09:01 PM
God knows too!

Heh. God uses a Mac, obviously. Why would He use a PeeCee? Simples. :D

Rockntractor
11-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Heh. God uses a Mac, obviously. Why would He use a PeeCee? Simples. :D

Perhaps but he never uses a mouse and knows every password!

Molon Labe
11-19-2009, 09:07 PM
I've only ever added good reputation points to anyone if I've used it at all. I approve of this thread

FlaGator
11-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Hamps, your recent visitors list tells the tale but I suspect that you already knew that. :)

Rockntractor
11-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Hamps, your recent visitors list tells the tale but I suspect that you already knew that. :)

God told you didn't he?

AmPat
11-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Definitely not. Mods cannot see this information. I know in this case who it was, b/c it's obvious, but not via any information I've got from my mod position. I have no idea where the good reps came from either. I can hazard a guess, but I don't, as a mod, know for sure.

Lemme guess; 1st clue is the content and 2nd clue is the spelling of "practise?":cool:

Sonnabend
11-20-2009, 04:04 AM
Rock, behave. I have a few care of you too...remember? Naughty pig :D

Lemme guess; 1st clue is the content and 2nd clue is the spelling of "practise?"It is not my fault you Yanks can't spell,. and yes it was me. Hamps and I will hash this out privately. :)

And NO, I dont drink TEA. :mad:

:D

samurai
11-20-2009, 05:37 AM

And don't forget the Swine Flu...

linda22003
11-20-2009, 07:50 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. Someone pelted me with negative points once, but SR restored them. :D

SaintLouieWoman
11-20-2009, 08:15 AM
That rep thing isn't all that much, wouldn't let it bother you. Sometimes we all take things too seriously on the board.

hampshirebrit
11-20-2009, 09:45 AM
As Sonna's post up thread, we have agreed to work towards settling our disagreements away from CU during this weekend.

Unless anyone has any major objections, I am going to close this thread.

hampshirebrit
11-21-2009, 04:23 PM
This is my thread, and I'm a mod, and so, by golly, I have decided to re-open it.

I am probably making CU history by being the first mod to close a thread and then re-open it, so please be appropriately slack-jawed, drool, and pay attention. :D

Sonna and I have had a long chat today by Skype, and we have resolved our differences.

Politically, we agree on 90pc or more relating to political issues and issues related to current affairs. That has been the case all along.

Most of the argument I have had with Sonna and most of the argument he has had with me relate to stylistic differences in the way each of us present the same or similar viewpoints.

I have made some statements in the recent past about Sonna's character which I now know to be incorrect.

Without reservation, I apologise for and withdraw these statements.

I will probably never be comfortable with his style, but I do know that he has real passion for his point of view, and I also know that he has guts. On the latter subject, there is a lot I cannot and will not tell you, so you will just have to take my fuckin' word for it.

That is all. Carry on.

BadCat
11-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Good to see peace in the Queen's lands once again.

JB
11-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Doesn't change the fact that Australia is a penal colony and Britian is muzzie.

samurai
11-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Good to see peace in the Queen's lands once again.

Queensland is in Australia... ;)

hampshirebrit
11-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Doesn't change the fact that Australia is a penal colony and Britian is muzzie.

LOL. Fuck you too, you shit-stirrer. :D:D

JB
11-21-2009, 04:58 PM
LOL. Fuck you too, you shit-stirrer. :D:DYou're blaming me?

Australia=penal colony, North vs. South and Israel sucks balls are the greatest threads on CU. They pop up every now and then and I always enjoy reading them. I hope they never go away.

hampshirebrit
11-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Hey I've been to Israel. Israel sucks balls, no question about it.

The service sucks almost as bad as the food, and almost every single person there is a rude, impatient dickhead, Jews, Christians and Muzzies alike.

Any of you bizzotches want to debate this, then let me fucking know. :D

Sonnabend
11-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Australia=penal colony, North vs. South and Israel sucks balls are the greatest threads on CU. They pop up every now and then and I always enjoy reading them. I hope they never go away.

Juist dont call me BRUCE http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:K0mbK0cawLg2wM:http://images.zaazu.com/img/laughing-smiley-male-smiley-laugh-smiley-emoticon-000288-large.gif

Sonnabend
11-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks, hamps. As I said in our conversation..glad this is sorted. :)