PDA

View Full Version : Uga VII Died On Thursday

Rebel Yell
11-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Uga VII Died On Thursday
By shantanuNovember 20th, 2009
Atlanta- The university of Georgia mascot white bulldog Uga VII died on Thursday at the age of four in Savannah. The popular bull dog who had gathered a huge fan base for himself as he roamed around the field sidelines wearing the team’s jersey has died after suffering from heart ailments. The sudden death of Uga VII comes a shock to the people of Georgia as well as all the fans of the college football.

Uga VII was affectionately called the “Loran’s Best.” He was loved by all the fans of the team. They affectionately recall that he would move around the field without bothering about the deafening noise and at the same time would stay calm as excited fans clicked pictures with him.

Frank W. “Sonny” Seiler, the owner of Uga VII described the legendary mascot to be an immensely well-behaved dog who understood the pivotal role that he played as a mascot. The bulldog succeeded his father Uga VI after his father died of heart failure. Uga VII appeared for the first time in the month of August last year in the game against Georgia Southern. Since then, the English bulldog has been successful in winning the hearts of all college football fans and his death would be considered as a huge loss.

Damon Evans, the director of athletics of the University has emphasized that Uga VII would be immensely missed by everyone. It has been announced that there is going to be no mascot of the team in the next game that is scheduled to take place on Saturday. However, since Uga VII died, no decision regarding the next mascot has been taken.
http://blog.taragana.com/sports/2009/11/20/uga-vii-died-on-thursday-48261/

I'm not a Georgia fan, at all. I hate to see this, though. I always liked Uga as a mascot.

noonwitch
11-20-2009, 01:27 PM
A previous UGA had a featured role in both the book and movie versions of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil". Sonny Seiler was one of the attorneys on the Jim Williams murder case in Savannah.

Space Gravy
11-20-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm not a Georgia fan, at all. I hate to see this, though. I always liked Uga as a mascot.

It was the lead story on the local news at 6:00 tonight.

Bubba Dawg
11-20-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm a Georgia fan and just hate to see the little fella go at such an early age (he was 4). :(

They say it was his heart. I guess English Bulldogs can have health problems.

Won't have a mascot for the Kentucky game. Not sure about Tech.

FlaGator
11-20-2009, 10:30 PM
They'll have another one in short order.

Considering the season UG is having are they looking into a possible suicide?

Before everyone jumps on me, I was just kidding. Uga is a cool mascot, my he rest in peace, and may his owners find comfort in their grief. My dogs mean a lot to me and I know how much hurt a person can feel with they lose a pet.