PDA

View Full Version : House demands answers on errors in stimulus data

Full-Auto
11-20-2009, 04:18 PM
(CNN) -- Members of the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee Thursday are taking a hard look at faulty data on the Obama administration's Recovery.gov Web site.

The site is fixing errors that appeared to show hundreds of millions of stimulus dollars were spent in nonexistent congressional districts, the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board said Wednesday.

The job errors, first reported by ABC News, were seen on Recovery.gov summary pages breaking down how many stimulus dollars were received in each state's congressional districts.

Rep. Darrell Issa, R-California, said the jobs reporting is "entirely deceitful."

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/11/19/stimulus.district.errors/index.html

Speedy
11-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Okay. So if the money was spent but the districts do not exist, where is the fucking money? That is what they better come up with. Was this just a ruse to funnel extra money to friendly districts? I wanna know.

Last Samurai
11-20-2009, 10:02 PM
But you (and I) will NEVER get a full and satisfactory accounting.

But, then again, this was perfectly and utterly predictable. There was no way in hell that all that money involved in a Government give away was NOT going to go through ANY level Government Office without at least two questions being asked..... 1) Can I syphon off some of this into my own pockets? (...and how?) 2) If I can't pocket it directly or indirectly, how can I use it to my best advantage to further or extend my political creeer?

There is an old saying that every man has his price. You start flashing millions (billions?) in someone's face, with very little in the way of strings attached, let alone accountability..... the temptation is going to be VERY strong.

As for the "creative" job counts........ nothing more than CYA for misspent money.

I believe the only stimulous that might be observed in all this is to note that it seemed to stimulate a lot of greed.

LS

Big Guy
11-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Was this just a ruse to funnel extra money to friendly districts? I wanna know.

I think you might be onto something here.

PoliCon
11-20-2009, 10:12 PM
But you (and I) will NEVER get a full and satisfactory accounting.
How can we trust them with healthcare when they can't even get GIVEAWAYS right?? :mad:

Speedy
11-20-2009, 10:58 PM
I think you might be onto something here.

If I was a congressman in on the hearings I would ask, "Where did the money go?"

Their answer would all be, " Rabble, rabble, gobbledy gook! Rabble, rabble, blah blah! Harumph!"

Where upon I would ask again, "Where did the money go?" And that would be the only question I would ask. Even if I had to ask it over and over. And when they said that they already answered it I would tell them they did not and ask it again.