PDA

View Full Version : Finally Friday Night - Pre-Turkey Edition.

Gingersnap
11-20-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm enjoying a St. Pauli Girl Dark (don't diss the Girl) and thinking about what I need to get ready this weekend for the big T-Day. I'm toying with the idea of doing a goose instead of a turkey since we've been having a lot of turkey lately due to my freezer fiasco.

While I think it's totally in the spirit of of whole Pilgrim/Indian feast thing, I'm afraid some of the regulars might be put out. After all, when you get yourself set for turkey, a goose might not cut it even if all the sides are more or less the same. It could either be fun or wicked. Maybe both.

What do you think? And what are you doing, drinking, eating, wearing, or avoiding? :D

Bubba Dawg
11-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Miz Bubba is watching a movie called Bonneville.

My box of cigars came from Fink Cigar company but I didn't get to the post office in time to pick them up today. :(

I 'm drinking cheap scotch and will turn in early because I have to work tomorrow.

We had chili for dinner. :)

I'm wearing my warm fuzzy slippers.

megimoo
11-20-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm enjoying a St. Pauli Girl Dark (don't diss the Girl) and thinking about what I need to get ready this weekend for the big T-Day. I'm toying with the idea of doing a goose instead of a turkey since we've been having a lot of turkey lately due to my freezer fiasco.

While I think it's totally in the spirit of of whole Pilgrim/Indian feast thing, I'm afraid some of the regulars might be put out. After all, when you get yourself set for turkey, a goose might not cut it even if all the sides are more or less the same. It could either be fun or wicked. Maybe both.

What do you think? And what are you doing, drinking, eating, wearing, or avoiding? :D
Goose is awfully greasy .Depending on how many guests you expect fire up a few slow outdoor grills and do a few brined Smoked Whole Goose breasts on one.A Pair of split Roasted Ducks on another.A Rolled Roast Pork Tenderloin and perhaps several Spits of Roast Squab .

Gingersnap
11-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Goose is awfully greasy .Depending on how many guests you expect fire up a few slow outdoor grills and do a few brined Smoked Whole Goose breasts on one.A Pair of split Roasted Ducks on another.A Rolled Roast Pork Tenderloin and perhaps several Spits of Roast Squab .

But it's the very best grease known to man. What's better than goose fat (except maybe duck fat)? I usually cook geese on a rotisserie - they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. I save the fat.

Now, goose gravy does kind of suck. I'd have to play around with that.

I'm wearing Alpaca socks. :D

Rockntractor
11-20-2009, 08:50 PM
But it's the very best grease known to man. What's better than goose fat (except maybe duck fat)? I usually cook geese on a rotisserie - they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. I save the fat.

Now, goose gravy does kind of suck. I'd have to play around with that.

I'm wearing Alpaca socks. :D

Alpaca wear socks?:confused:

Gingersnap
11-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Alpaca wear socks?:confused:

They do not but they do wear cuddly wool. It's insane to make Alpaca socks. They are fragile and they wear out in one season unless you spin a lot of merino in there. But they are also insanely soft and skin-friendly. It's totally decadent. :D

SarasotaRepub
11-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Bloody Mary tonight. We almost made it to the gym tonight...almost. :D

Big Guy
11-20-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm drinking a Yuengling and watching Shrek with my WAAAAY better half.

We went to KFC for supper and I am preparing for my second job tomorrow.

Going to our grandson's "Super Bowl" tomorrow. GO JAG's !!!:)

Shannon
11-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Present.

Gingersnap
11-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Present.

Oh, you have to update us. You know the Rulz. :D

Shannon
11-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Oh, you have to update us. You know the Rulz. :D

You don't want to know.

Teetop
11-20-2009, 10:44 PM

I think our country is in for a long, hard ride.

Obviously, I'm on the computer.:p

Keystone Light.

Had hamburger patties, with cream taters and a salad.

Blue Jeans, T-shirt and socks.

Death. j/k:)

Gingersnap
11-20-2009, 10:50 PM
I think our country is in for a long, hard ride.

Obviously, I'm on the computer.:p

Keystone Light.

Had hamburger patties, with cream taters and a salad.

Blue Jeans, T-shirt and socks.

Death. j/k:)

I like a comprehensive approach to Lounge threads. The Keystone thing seems vaguely suspect, though. :D

Teetop
11-20-2009, 10:51 PM
I like a comprehensive approach to Lounge threads. The Keystone thing seems vaguely suspect, though. :D

I'm cheap.....

:D

Gingersnap
11-20-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm cheap.....

:D

Keystone is like the beer of people on probation. For DUI. :D

Rockntractor
11-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Cranberry juice straight up.

Gingersnap
11-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Cranberry juice straight up.

The beverage of choice for women with bladder infections. :D

Rockntractor
11-21-2009, 12:17 AM

They just hijacked it!:D

Shannon
11-21-2009, 12:41 AM

I wasn't going to go there...

Rockntractor
11-21-2009, 01:08 AM
I wasn't going to go there...
Hi toots. What are you doing up this late!

RobJohnson
11-21-2009, 01:38 AM

I think if the Indians would of gave the Pilgrims a donkey, we would all be getting a piece of ass on Thanksgiving. :D