PDA

View Full Version : Religious Leaders Call for Civil Disobedience

z06gal
11-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Wow.

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/wuerl_colson_christian/2009/11/21/289471.html ;)

FlaGator
11-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Wow.

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/wuerl_colson_christian/2009/11/21/289471.html ;)

The Catholic Church is considering closing all of its hospitals and razing them if they are going to be force to perform abortions. On a national scale that is something like 15 percent of all hospital bed space.

z06gal
11-21-2009, 08:39 PM
The Catholic Church is considering closing all of its hospitals and razing them if they are going to be force to perform abortions. On a national scale that is something like 15 percent of all hospital bed space.

Wow gator. This could get really interesting before it is said and done but it has also been said that a sleeping giant has been awakened with everything this admin is trying to force upon us. It could get really ugly.

FlaGator
11-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Wow gator. This could get really interesting before it is said and done but it has also been said that a sleeping giant has been awakened with everything this admin is trying to force upon us. It could get really ugly.

It won't be pretty. It will really screw up health care reform should it pass because the price of a hospital stay will go through the roof. The Church won't break the law, it just won't be a party to them. I read something earlier this week that stated that the government can force the Catholic Hospitals to perform abortions or arrange adoptions for same sex couples but it can't force them to run a business that provides the services.

z06gal
11-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Gator, I responded to your request I think. Lol. I hope I did it right. Anyway, I teach a Bible study on Tuesday nights and we just started the last one by David Jeremiah. The first video was excellent and very telling about all this mess we are in right now. Times may become very difficult but we have to remain firm on these issues. This is THE most corrupt gov't I think that has ever been in the history of this country. It will not be easy. Phil. 3:10 comes to my mind often. :)

Rockntractor
11-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Gator, I responded to your request I think. Lol. I hope I did it right. Anyway, I teach a Bible study on Tuesday nights and we just started the last one by David Jeremiah. The first video was excellent and very telling about all this mess we are in right now. Times may become very difficult but we have to remain firm on these issues. This is THE most corrupt gov't I think that has ever been in the history of this country. It will not be easy. Phil. 3:10 comes to my mind often. :)

David Jeremiah is a good teacher. I used to listen to him a lot.

z06gal
11-21-2009, 09:15 PM
David Jeremiah is a good teacher. I used to listen to him a lot.

Thanks Rock. I have listened to him in the past but I haven't done any of his studies. From what I saw on the video, it will be very revealing concerning the times now. It should be a good 11 weeks. ;)

Rockntractor
11-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Thanks Rock. I have listened to him in the past but I haven't done any of his studies. From what I saw on the video, it will be very revealing concerning the times now. It should be a good 11 weeks. ;)

I like John MacArthur and RC Sproul too.

FlaGator
11-21-2009, 09:26 PM
I just started leading a Bible study of Ephesians on Sunday mornings. I'm using the study by N.T. Wright and some of my own commentary blended with some of the history of Ephesus. This is the first time I've every been in a teaching capacity. I pray that I do serve the Lord well.

FlaGator
11-21-2009, 09:28 PM

I'm reading a short book by Sproul called "When Worlds Collide." It's in look at the 9/11 and its aftermath from a Biblical perspective. Pick it up if you get a chance. Its a very small book; you should be able to go through it in an afternoon if you've got a couple of free hours.

Rockntractor
11-21-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm reading a short book by Sproul called "When Worlds Collide." It's in look at the 9/11 and its aftermath from a Biblical perspective. Pick it up if you get a chance. Its a very small book; you should be able to go through it in an afternoon if you've got a couple of free hours.

There are no spare hours during the day any study is between 10:00 PM and 3:00 AM

z06gal
11-21-2009, 09:46 PM

Agree Rock and my absolute favorite to read and listen to is Ravi Zacharias. Wow have I learned alot from him. He has so much insight it is unreal which helps my thick skull when trying to break down Scripture. Lol. :)

Rockntractor
11-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Agree Rock and my absolute favorite to read and listen to is Ravi Zacharias. Wow have I learned alot from him. He has so much insight it is unreal which helps my thick skull when trying to break down Scripture. Lol. :)

I down loaded some of Ravi's stuff a couple of months ago but it turned out to be some messages he gave back in the 90's that I had heard. He is truly a great apologist.