PDA

View Full Version : US couple plead guilty to spying for Cuba over 30 years

bijou
11-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Walter Myers, 72, a former State Department official with top-secret security clearance, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit espionage and two counts of wire fraud, according to the department.

His wife, Gwendolyn Myers, 71, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to gather and transmit national defence information to Washington's Cold War enemy Havana, and will serve between six and 7.5 years behind bars.

The pair also agreed to forfeit $1,735,054 the total salary Myers earned from the US government between 1983 and 2007, when he made repeated false statements to investigators about his security status.

"For the past 30 years, this couple betrayed America's trust by covertly providing classified national defence information to the Cuban government. Today, they are being held accountable for their actions," David Kris, assistant attorney general for national security, said in a statement. ...
link (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/centralamericaandthecaribbean/cuba/6622001/US-couple-plead-guilty-to-spying-for-Cuba-over-30-years.html)

Big Guy
11-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Six to 7 1/2 years at club fed, not enough! I understand they are getting old but their sentence should be life or possibly even death. That is an act of treason and that should ALLWAYS mean an extreme punishment.

Rockntractor
11-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Six to 7 1/2 years at club fed, not enough! I understand they are getting old but their sentence should be life or possibly even death. That is an act of treason and that should ALLWAYS mean an extreme punishment.

In this new globalist world one state spying on another state is a minor infraction to the powers that be.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
11-22-2009, 11:44 AM
I dont mean to sound racist but it always seems Jewish folks or ones with Jewish names turn out to be spies or communists.For example, the Rosenbergs,

Big Guy
11-22-2009, 11:50 AM
I dont mean to sound racist but it always seems Jewish folks or ones with Jewish names turn out to be spies or communists.For example, the Rosenbergs,

Dude, If you sound racist I will call you out on it. Yea this sounds racist.