PDA

View Full Version : Regular Democrats losing patience with Obama

CaughtintheMiddle1990
11-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Now, while not a news article or anything, just some news from a Democrat (me)
I'm more of an informed voter--I follow whats going on with politics daily to the letter, so I know what the issues are and where everyone stands on them. Most people, I would say, on both sides of the aisle, aren't as well informed as you or I on this forum are.
Well, I know plenty of these types of people, both sides, some in my own family and let me tell you--Your average, regular Democrat is losing patience with Obama. I'll give you an example. My sister is 37, has been a registered Democrat since she was old enough to vote, she voted Clinton in '92 and '96, Gore in 2000, Kerry in 2004..However she stayed out of the race of '08 as she felt both candidates sucked.
We're talking today and my sister says that not only has Obama been in office a year and ''not done anything'', but also she's pissed that he's letting the economy tank and that his healthcare plan sucks. She, a registered loyal Democrat, said he's the worst president she's seen since she started voting and that he's actually ''making Bush look good.''
I know quite a few other party regular but not politics junkie Democrats who have echoed similar if not the same opinions.

Just food for thought.

Crapouillot
11-22-2009, 03:06 PM
These Regular Democrats of which you speak, I have never seen one. Do you have photographs?

I am skeptical. All the Democrats I have seen are very much irregular.

AlmostThere
11-23-2009, 02:54 AM
I'll say this. I have at least a few friends who I'm sure voted for Obama. During the past decade or so, these friends would regularly initiate conversations about political issues of the day. Since Jan, these talks have gotten fewer and fewer. Now the silence is becoming deafening.

Mophatt
11-23-2009, 09:08 AM
I know many Democrats that aren't happy with the way Barry is running the show. They will keep telling me that he is still better than the alternative. I don't know about that. McCain wouldn't have been much better but, at least, he would be legal and eligible to be elected. B. Hussen Obama has done nothing he has promised with exception of spending useless money. Increasing our debt is a great way to help out our economy.

Gingersnap
11-23-2009, 10:25 AM
I'll say this. I have at least a few friends who I'm sure voted for Obama. During the past decade or so, these friends would regularly initiate conversations about political issues of the day. Since Jan, these talks have gotten fewer and fewer. Now the silence is becoming deafening.

I have also noticed this. For 8 years the Democrats I've known became increasingly vocal and disturbed. In the last 3 years they seemed to become quite the chatterboxes about the evils of Chimpy McHitler and Big (fill-in-the-blank), and they weren't shy about praising Obama and discussing his future agenda.

Today? Crickets. :eek:

Speedy
11-23-2009, 02:38 PM
These Regular Democrats of which you speak, I have never seen one. Do you have photographs?

Photos do exist, but not very good ones.

http://bloggingexperiments.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/patterson_bigfoot.jpg

Goldwater
11-23-2009, 02:44 PM
A gorilla with Gordie from Star Trek's visor?