PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's

jendf
11-22-2009, 10:59 PM
My dad got invited to a VIP event at Cabela's tonight...since he has their credit card and he spends a lot on fishing stuff there.

He could invite immediate family to go. I'm his favorite daughter.

They had free wine. And beer.

And then they offered you a chance to save a lot of money with their Cabela's Visa.

And then they enticed you with 25 percent discounts on stuff you don't need.

And then I possibly left with a new credit card and $100 worth of shit I probably would have said no to when I wasn't happily buzzed.

Those magnificent bastards!

If every store did this, I think the recession would be over.:D

Rockntractor
11-22-2009, 11:45 PM
My dad got invited to a VIP event at Cabela's tonight...since he has their credit card and he spends a lot on fishing stuff there.

And then they offered you a chance to save a lot of money with their Cabela's Visa.

And then I possibly left with a new credit card and $100 worth of shit I probably would have said no to when I wasn't happily buzzed.

What did you buy?

RobJohnson
11-22-2009, 11:45 PM

Sounds like fun. I love those big sporting good stores, especially Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops. Even if I'm sober, I end up spending about $100 or more. The bonus is, they have clothes that seem to fit me.

When you wake up cancel the card and tell them that you signed the contract intoxicated. You will be able to keep all the stuff. :D

RobJohnson
11-22-2009, 11:46 PM
What did you buy?

She can't tell us, it was sort of naughty! :p

jendf
11-23-2009, 12:17 AM
I bought clothes, a couple of Christmas gifts, and the always necessary beef jerky and ginormous tub of pretzels. You know...the essentials.

The guns 'n' ammo department was a nightmare--wall-to-wall people--so I didn't even bother.

RobJohnson
11-23-2009, 12:33 AM
I bought clothes, a couple of Christmas gifts, and the always necessary beef jerky and ginormous tub of pretzels. You know...the essentials.

The guns 'n' ammo department was a nightmare--wall-to-wall people--so I didn't even bother.

They do have great beef jerky and snacks. Yum.

Speedy
11-23-2009, 02:15 AM
I like West Texas Gun. They have a shooting range in the back where you can tryout what you are interested in buying.

BadCat
11-23-2009, 09:54 AM
You missed a good chance Jen. They have Remington 870 shotguns on sale for $259, and Springfield XDM pistols for $549.

Rebel Yell
11-23-2009, 10:08 AM

Hey, at 25% off Cabela's is only slightly more expensive than everybody else.:rolleyes:;)

ralph wiggum
11-23-2009, 01:43 PM

It's amazing how places like that and the big home improvement stores have stuff like that at such good prices. I could never leave Menard's (Midwest chain, similar to Home Depot/Lowe's) without beef jerky, junior mints, candy bars, twizzlers, or something like that.

RobJohnson
11-23-2009, 03:17 PM
It's amazing how places like that and the big home improvement stores have stuff like that at such good prices. I could never leave Menard's (Midwest chain, similar to Home Depot/Lowe's) without beef jerky, junior mints, candy bars, twizzlers, or something like that.

Menards has crappy lumber, but great snacks!