PDA

View Full Version : Schumer: Dems Can Go it Alone on Health Care(DemoRats Go nuke to Pass Bill)

megimoo
11-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Schumer: Dems Can Go it Alone on Health Care (Rats prepared to go nuke in passing bill)

A leading Senate DemoRat said Monday his party is determined to push through a health care overhaul bill, President Barack Obama's top domestic issue, with or without support from opposition Republicans.

Republicans have made clear they aren't supporting the bill, which foretells of a rowdy Senate floor debate next month on legislation that would extend health care coverage to roughly 31 million Americans, crack down on insurance company practices that deny or dilute benefits and curtail the growth of spending on medical care nationally.

"We prefer to go at it with Republicans if we can reach compromises in some areas,"...Sen. Schumer on health bill: ‘It will get done’

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34107650/ns/health-health_care/

AlmostThere
11-23-2009, 09:08 PM
I can hardly wait untill the next time some idiot tells me that Obama won the election and has a mandate because of his majority win. Obama won with 52.9% of the vote. Rasmussen's latest numbers have 56% of the American population against this reform. Where the hell is the Democrat's mandate to follow the majority's wishes? The other day I asked how much more will the people of DC take. The real question is how much more will the American people take. :mad:

FlaGator
11-23-2009, 10:04 PM
To quote just about every major character from Star Wars, "I've got a bad feeling about this."

AmPat
11-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Oh please Smucky, please by all means go it alone. The GOP will stick this right in your DUMBOcRAT eye in 2010-2012. The American voters will remember that you liberal POC's sold out our financial future and our health care and you will pay the price. I can only hope there will be enough of America left to rescue after you retards are ousted.

Last Samurai
11-27-2009, 04:06 AM
Therein lies the REAL problem.

One of the hardest things to "undo" is the creation of a Government Bureaucracy, which this "Health Care" bill would create.... in fact, the "lead time" built into the Bill is to do nothing more than to allow the Government time to get the various "agencies" up and running and properly staffed with Bureaucrats.

"Oh dear, ANOTHER 30 thousand Government mouths to feed!" (Oft heard lament of the productive citizen/taxpayer.)

Once "enabled" these Government Empires are VERY difficult to debase.

We can kick out the Congresscritters (enablers) of this potential waste of money, but we have a much harder time undoing the damage they cause. Had my druthers, I'd "druther" it never got past the Senate.

THAT might well be "the impossible dream". Alas!

LS

stsinner
11-27-2009, 09:10 AM
For the life of me, I can't understand why these idiots would commit career suicide by voting for this catastrophe knowing that their head will be on the chopping block come election time and they'll have to get a real job.