PDA

View Full Version : The Wilding of Sarah Palin

megimoo
11-24-2009, 09:35 AM
When I was in college, I read a book that changed my life. It was Susan Brownmiller's tome, Against Our Will: Men, Women, and Rape, which explained rape as an act of power, not just lust. What I found particularly chilling was the chapter on war -- how rape is used to terrorize a population and destroy the enemy's spirit.

While edifying, the book magnified the vulnerability I already felt as a female. Fear of rape became a constant dread, and I sought a solution that would help shield me from danger.

The answer: seek safe harbor within the Democratic Party. I even became an activist for feminist causes, including violence against women. Liberalism would protect me from the big bad conservatives who wished me harm.

Like most feminists, it was a no brainer to become a Democrat. Liberal men, not conservatives, were the ones devoted to women's issues. They marched at my side in support of abortion rights. They were enthusiastic about women succeeding in the workplace.

As time went on, I had many experiences that should have made me rethink my certainty. But I remained nestled in cognitive dissonance -- therapy jargon for not wanting to see what I didn't want to see.

One clue: the miscreants who were brutalizing me didn't exactly look Reagan-esque. In middle and high schools, they were minority kids enraged about forced busing. On the streets of New York City and Berkeley, they were derelicts and hoodlums.

Another red flag: while liberal men did indeed hold up those picket signs, they didn't do anything else to protect me. In fact, their social programs enabled bad behavior and bred chaos in urban America. And when I was accosted by thugs, those leftist men were missing in action.

What else should have tipped me off? Perhaps the fact that so many men in ultra left Berkeley are sleaze bags. Rarely a week goes by that I don't hear stories from my young female clients about middle aged men preying on them. With the rationale of moral relativism, these creeps feel they can do anything they please.

What finally woke me up were the utterances of bitch, witch, and monster toward Hillary Clinton and her supporters early last year. I was shocked into reality: the trash talk wasn't coming from conservatives but from male and female liberals.

I finally beheld what my eyes had refused to see: that leftists are Mr. and Ms. Misogyny. Both the males and the females don't care a whit about women.

Women are continually sacrificed on the altar of political correctness. If under Radical Islam women are enshrouded and stoned and beheaded, so be it.

My other epiphanies:those pony tailed guys were not marching for abortion rights because they cherished women's reproductive freedom. It was to keep women available for free and easy sex.

And the eagerness for women to make good money? If women work hard, leftist men don't have to.

Then along came Sarah, and the attacks became particularly heinous. And I realized something even more chilling about the Left. Leftists not only sacrifice and disrespect women.

It's far worse than that: many are perpetuators.

The Left's behavior towards Palin is not politics as usual. By their laser focus on her body and her sexuality, leftists are defiling her.

They are wilding her. And they do this with the full knowledge and complicity of the White House.

The Left has declared war on Palin because she threatens their existence. Democrats need women dependent and scared so that women, like blacks, will vote for liberals.

A strong, self sufficient woman, Palin eschews their protection. Drop her off in the Alaskan bush, and she'll survive just fine, thank you very much. Palin doesn't need or want anything from liberals, not hate crimes legislation that coddles her, not abortion, which she abhors.

Palin is a woman of deep and abiding faith. She takes no marching orders from messiah like wannabes, like Obama.

And so the Left must try to destroy her. And they are doing this in the most malicious of ways:

By symbolically raping her.

Just like a perpetuator, they dehumanize her by objectifying her body. They undress her with their eyes.

They turn her into a piece of ass.

Liberals do this by calling her a c___t, ogling her legs, demeaning her with names like "sexy flight attendant," and "Trailer Park Barbie," and exposing her flesh on the cover of Newsweek.

And from The Atlantic Magazine's Andrew Sullivan: "Sarah Palin's vagina is the font of all evil in the galaxy."

Nothing is off limits, not actress Sandra Bernhard's wish that Palin be gang raped or the sexualizing of Palin's daughters.

As every woman knows, leering looks, lurid words, and veiled threats are intended to evoke terror. Sexual violence is a form of terrorism.

The American Left has a long history of defiling people to control and break them. The hard core 60s leftists were masters of guerilla warfare, like the Symbionese Liberation Army repeatedly raping Patty Hearst. Huey P. Newton sent a male Black Panther to the hospital, bloodied and damaged, from a punishment of sodomy.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/11/the_wilding_of_sarah_palin.html

FlaGator
11-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Bingo! Not that the left will ever admit it. They have a history of degrading and demoralizing women who are the essence of what feminism use to be before they gave control of their agenda to the libs. Look at the hatred for Condi Rice, a self made woman who if she had been a liberal, would have been put on a pedestal as an example of feminism. Look at the way Clinton used women has his little play toys and while he was being impeached for lying about his escapades, nary a word from the feminist in defense of the women he misused. Had this been a conservative, Gloria Allred would have been by each woman's side at every photo op decrying the mistreatment of these poor women by the evil conservative men.

The left isn't about helping the poor or the environment or women or minorities; the left is all about getting and using power to control those who disagree with them. Are conservatives much better? Not really, but they are more consistent their beliefs. If a conservative supports women's rights he or she will do so even if another high ranking conservative Congressman is behaving improperly with a women.

Gingersnap
11-24-2009, 10:07 AM
The wilding of any woman is reprehensible. But defiling a mother of five, with a babe in her arms, and a grandmother, is particularly obscene. It is, of course, Palin's unapologetic motherhood that provides fuel to the leftist fire.

Because, as a mother, and a fertile woman, Palin is as close to the sacred as a person gets. She is not just politically pro life. Palin's whole being emanates life, in stark contrast to the darkness of the left, the life despoilers.

Wow - Robin nails it. I've been following her pieces about being a recovering liberal and she's very trenchant and often amusing but this is her most powerful piece yet.

BadCat
11-24-2009, 10:07 AM
That was a very good synopsis.

noonwitch
11-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Bingo! Not that the left will ever admit it. They have a history of degrading and demoralizing women who are the essence of what feminism use to be before they gave control of their agenda to the libs. Look at the hatred for Condi Rice, a self made woman who if she had been a liberal, would have been put on a pedestal as an example of feminism. Look at the way Clinton used women has his little play toys and while he was being impeached for lying about his escapades, nary a word from the feminist in defense of the women he misused. Had this been a conservative, Gloria Allred would have been by each woman's side at every photo op decrying the mistreatment of these poor women by the evil conservative men.

The left isn't about helping the poor or the environment or women or minorities; the left is all about getting and using power to control those who disagree with them. Are conservatives much better? Not really, but they are more consistent their beliefs. If a conservative supports women's rights he or she will do so even if another high ranking conservative Congressman is behaving improperly with a women.

I'll admit it, as a liberal. It's one of the things that pisses me off most about my fellow liberals, is how they are willing to sell women down the river to make a stupid point. Whether they are attacking Hillary, Condi or Sarah on that level, it's all wrong. I don't know if I would use the word rape to describe the way the media treats female politicians, but they do go pretty savage in their attacks. I don't think any of the 3 women mentioned would describe it that way-none of them are the types who want to be seen as victims. Calling it rape victimizes women who are pretty tough, for the most part.

The stuff DUers said about Condi is way over the top. I even took a poster or two to task for using the n word, or other racial language. One even said "I'm black, I can call her whatever I want". Others tried to say since Condi was working for an administration that didn't support civil rights, that made it okay to call her those names. That's just a load of crap-you can respectfully disagree with someone and make a point without calling names, especially names that no one should ever use in a public forum.

They are also ready to jump all over the catholic church for not ordaining women as priests, and other issues, but refuse to see how women are treated in nations where Islam is the predominate religion, or where it has merged with the state. I'll never forget having to explain to a group of liberal coworkers on 9-11, who all had college degrees, what the Taliban is, what nation they are based in and how women in Afganistan were treated under their regime-although in their case, I really think the ignorance was based on indifference to world events, until, of course, those world events culminated in something so horrifying that they started asking questions. One female coworker even said to me "Well, women in that part of the world are used to being treated that way". I said, "No, prior to the civil war in Afganistan and the Taliban's takeover, women had schools and jobs." . This was not a young woman, either, but one who had participated in the civil rights movement in the 1960s.

When it comes to political sex scandals, I mostly don't care what goes on between consenting adults. The media attacks GOP members caught in sex scandals more voraciously because they view them as hypocrites for opposing gay marriage and other things that conservatives consider anti-family. I mean, really, would anyone really be shocked by a Barney Frank sex scandal (unless it involved a woman!)? But Larry Craig? That shocked people.

Constitutionally Speaking
11-24-2009, 11:38 PM
They do the same thing with Blacks.