PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Wednesday.

Gingersnap
11-25-2009, 09:44 AM
We're still seasonal but we'll warm up for T-Day and then start to drop way down by Sunday.

TOTD: What is a "best friend" and do you have one? What distinguishes a best friend from a really good friend? Have you had the same best friend for years and years or do you seem to rotate through best friends over time? Is best friendship a fixed quality that doesn't take much effort or do you think that it requires a lot of face time? Why?

linda22003
11-25-2009, 10:05 AM
I have two types of BFs. I have a friend whom I've known since was thirteen, in prep school. She's lived all over the world, and sometimes I don't see her for a couple of years at a time. When we get back together, we can always pick up in mid-sentence. I'm godmother to her daughters.

The other kind of "BF" is across the street, and I see her all the time. I've known her for about fifteen years. We're always in and out of each others' houses. Our families, as of tomorrow, will have had Thanksgiving together for ten years.

FlaGator
11-25-2009, 10:39 AM
A best friend is someone who won't hesitate to help you if you tell them you need to get rid of a body. A good friend is someone who will aliabi you you if the body turns up and will blame an aquaintence. An aquaintence is someone takes the fall. I think that covers everyting.

SaintLouieWoman
11-25-2009, 10:49 AM
My sister is my best friend, through good times and bad. We've had our problems over the years, but that shared experience that is unlike no other always keeps us from permanent damage to the relationship.

Sounds silly, but one of my best friends is a client, actually a member of one of the police departments. No one else in the world, other than SR, can make me laugh the way he does. He knows that I'm going to be leaving the company soon, so just came up with my biggest order in a long time. Throughout the bad times about 5 years ago, he and his former boss were always there to help me. When I thought I'd have to leave my home for protection, she offered for me to stay with her. They both are good people.

My personal bf was my Blue's foster mom. She said when I adopted Blue that I'd have to always be her friend, because I had her favorite pooch. She was at our wedding.

I have many acquaintances, but tend to be a very private person, so not one of those social butterflies.

lacarnut
11-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Warm sunny day at Orange Beach; temps in the high 60's

TOTD: There are 2 types of friends, Good which I have several and half ass which I do not need.

Bubba Dawg
11-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Miz Bubba is my best friend. I'm really very much a stay-at-home-keep-to-myself kind of person and so is she. We enjoy being with people sometimes but we are pretty much private and don't socialize much.

She is the person that I always want to spend my time with. Usually when you find one of us, the other will be right there as well.

Rockntractor
11-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Miz Bubba is my best friend. I'm really very much a stay-at-home-keep-to-myself kind of person and so is she. We enjoy being with people sometimes but we are pretty much private and don't socialize much.

She is the person that I always want to spend my time with. Usually when you find one of us, the other will be right there as well.

I have to agree with you there Bubba. Since I got married 27 years ago my wife has been my best friend!
I have several close friends but many have died over the years.

Bubba Dawg
11-25-2009, 08:24 PM
I have to agree with you there Bubba. Since I got married 27 years ago my wife has been my best friend!
I have several close friends but many have died over the years.

27 years. good on ya. We've got 24 years so far.

Another really good friend of mine died several years ago.