PDA

View Full Version : On Thanksgiving Eve, Obama Issues Special Hajj Message to World's Muslims

megimoo
11-26-2009, 08:48 AM
Statement by the President on Hajj and Eid-ul-Adha, as provided by the White House

Michelle and I would like to send our best wishes to all those performing Hajj this year, and to Muslims in America and around the world who are celebrating Eid-ul-Adha. The rituals of Hajj and Eid-ul-Adha both serve as reminders of the shared Abrahamic roots of three of the world’s major religions.

Millions in Mecca for Hajj Despite Rain, Flu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yPJDwRFyHs&feature=player_embedded

During Hajj, the world’s largest and most diverse gathering, three million Muslims from all walks of life – including thousands of American Muslims – will stand in prayer on Mount Arafat. The following day, Muslims around the world will celebrate Eid-ul-Adha and distribute food to the less fortunate to commemorate Abraham’s willingness to sacrifice his son out of obedience to God.

This year, I am pleased that the Department of Health and Human Services has partnered with the Saudi Health Ministry to prevent and limit the spread of H1N1 during Hajj. Cooperating on combating H1N1 is one of the ways we are implementing my administration's commitment to partnership in areas of mutual interest.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/11/on-thanksgiving-eve-barack-obamas-special-message-to-muslims.html

AmPat
11-26-2009, 10:58 AM
By all meaans send H1N1 vaccine to Saudi Arabia. This morning I heard that H1N1 would not be used on children under 9 and is rationed here in Colorado.

Rockntractor
11-26-2009, 11:01 AM
We know that the vaccine is safe if he is sending it to Saudi Arabia.

Or is it different batch?

stsinner
11-26-2009, 11:19 AM
This sick bastard just doesn't stop the Muslim ass kissing, does he? Good God, what about the Christians and the Jews? I'm just amazed at the anti-American rhetoric that comes out of this man's mouth like machine-gun fire.

djones520
11-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Damn that man! Wait... whats this?

"During Eid al-Adha, Muslims around the world reflect on Abraham's unwavering faith and his trust in God when asked to sacrifice his son," Bush said in the message.

"These four days are a time for Muslims to honour Abraham's obedience by celebrating with family and friends and showing gratitude for the many blessings bestowed by God.

"This holiday also helps ensure the important values of compassion and devotion are passed on to future generations,"

President Bush sent that out on December 19th 2007. It's the same thing that Obama just did.

http://www.adnkronos.com/AKI/English/Religion/?id=1.0.1687350995

BadCat
11-26-2009, 11:31 AM
If they are all gathered together and praying in front of some mountain, I know a new target for Trident II D5.

AmPat
11-26-2009, 12:14 PM

President Bush sent that out on December 19th 2007. It's the same thing that Obama just did.

Not quite the "gotcha moment" you appear to be attempting. Bush had balance. He was a known and practicing Christian. Oblah Blah hasn't shown evidence of that. In fact, O Blah Blah's Christian faith is SO strong that he has shown it by attending a racist Church for 20 years, quitting that Church when his participation was Discoverd, and not finding a Church in all of the DC area in 10 months despite saying that it was one of his first priorities.:cool:

djones520
11-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Not quite the "gotcha moment" you appear to be attempting. Bush had balance. He was a known and practicing Christian. Oblah Blah hasn't shown evidence of that. In fact, O Blah Blah's Christian faith is SO strong that he has shown it by attending a racist Church for 20 years, quitting that Church when his participation was Discoverd, and not finding a Church in all of the DC area in 10 months despite saying that it was one of his first priorities.:cool:

So you have to attend church to be a Christian?

Are we going to attack him every time her refers to American Citizens when some still doubt he is one?

FlaGator
11-26-2009, 12:20 PM

I'm not sure if you have to but you should. Its hard to be apart of the body of Christ if you are separating yourself from all other Christians.

BadCat
11-26-2009, 12:21 PM

Are we going to attack him every time her refers to American Citizens when some still doubt he is one?

Why not?

Rockntractor
11-26-2009, 12:56 PM

You spend more time defending Obama and Muslims then you do defending conservatives and your a mod on a conservative board?

Big Guy
11-26-2009, 01:18 PM

There is a pretty big difference, President Bush made his statement on Dec 19th 2007 which is during the Muslim Holiday but not too close to Christmas, a Christian holiday or too close to Thanksgiving an American holiday.

Obama made his statement one day before our American Holiday, as if to rub our faces into it.

Yes the same words, but not the same message.

AmPat
11-27-2009, 11:20 AM

Nope. But if you are going to pretend to be one you ought to act like one every now and then. A Christian would also not lie blatantly about little things like; "One of my first priorities when I get to Washington is to find a Church.":rolleyes:

As for his citizen question, it is a problem that he perpetrates by paying nearly 3 million dollars a year to lobbyists to keep his records locked up. What other US citizen feels the need to go to those extremes?