PDA

View Full Version : Humid Thundering Tuesday

SarasotaRepub
06-03-2008, 07:51 AM
The morning started with a BANG here. T-Storm blowing thru with more on the way and it's humid as Houston out there!!:D

TOTD: There is none. You're lucky I remembered to do this. :p

Gern
06-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Two words:

"Feels Like"

asdf2231
06-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Same craptastic grey and yucky weather going on up here.

Meh.

DarkScribe
06-03-2008, 09:15 AM
The morning started with a BANG here. T-Storm blowing thru with more on the way and it's humid as Houston out there!!:D

TOTD: There is none. You're lucky I remembered to do this. :p

Yeah, I know. Yesterday walking out to my car after work felt like slogging through an invisible blanket just out of the dryer, not dry but very damp. Ick.

TOTD: Favorite time of the year? Fall. Halloween. Is it October yet? :cool:

Shannon
06-03-2008, 09:38 AM
TOTD: Definitely Fall.:)

SaintLouieWoman
06-03-2008, 09:50 AM
The sun is finally coming out.

TOTD: spring---second fall. The first has all the possibilities with the perennial flowers returning. The fall is gorgeous with the colored leave.

Question---is there much of a fall in Florida--at least leaf wise?

DarkScribe
06-03-2008, 09:58 AM
The sun is finally coming out.

TOTD: spring---second fall. The first has all the possibilities with the perennial flowers returning. The fall is gorgeous with the colored leave.

Question---is there much of a fall in Florida--at least leaf wise?

Not like up north, of course...but very slightly...it does start to get cooler (at least cool for us, anyway) and then there's always Halloween! Did I mention how much I love Halloween? :p

Gingersnap
06-03-2008, 10:00 AM
We'll be in the 70s and 80s all week except Thursday which will be very cool. Can you believe that it's going to snow higher up? Where is that Global Warming? :rolleyes:

TOTD: Conceptually I like the fall and all the activities but I pretty much like all of it. I get very bored with winter after a couple of months. You can only ski so much.

jendf
06-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Sunny and hot here. Gonna be a pretty busy day today. I think I'm going to be exhausted by the time my head hits the pillow tonight. Meetings, catch-up work, errands, workout...oy, I'm tired just thinking about it.

TOTD: Fall. Since Arizona doesn't have much of a winter to speak of, I love fall. Our leaves start to change in late December. :D

LogansPapa
06-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Grey and a bit windy in the Surfing Capital of the World. May burn off in four hours or so, but the breeze will just increase.

TOTD: Halloween every year in Morro Bay. They know how to do it up right - no cars allowed on the streets, so the kids can go nuts. Very traditional and no hoodlums. The little houses go all out and if thereís a bit of fog coming off the ocean itís really creepy.

linda22003
06-03-2008, 11:13 AM
TOTD: Autumn, when the weather changes and gets crisp, and just before the Carnage of the Holiday Season begins.

patriot45
06-03-2008, 11:58 AM
This is what Florida is about! Every day a pool day and a grill day. I love the heat! If you dont like your backyard, The beaches are 1 half hour to the left and water theme parks are a half hour to the right and Lithia springs is 20 mins away! Wish I wasn't an ex Yankee!:D

biccat
06-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Heavy thunderstorms last night, power went out for a couple minutes too. There was a big thunderclap that caused the cat to dig in with all four claws as she sprang off the bed and ran under it. Stupid claw marks.

TOTD: Fall, without a doubt. I love the season in early to mid October when the weather is still comfortable and the trees start to change colors.

JB
06-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Oh nooooooooooeeeesssss. A day thread. The sky is falling.

Shannon
06-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Oh nooooooooooeeeesssss. A day thread. The sky is falling.

Are you working on your Saturday TOTD yet?:D

JB
06-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Are you working on your Saturday TOTD yet?:DI'm in Canada again this weekend. They don't have Internet yet. Sorry.

patriot45
06-03-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm in Canada again this weekend. They don't have Internet yet. Sorry.

Never been to Canada, does everyone look like this?
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/ike.jpg