PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Thread

linda22003
11-27-2009, 07:51 AM
Today's weather: I don't know. I just got up.

TOTD: Black Friday: Are you going? Are you going but refuse to admit it? I'm taking my father out to lunch for his 89th birthday, and I'm trying to think of a nice place nowhere near any stores.

SarasotaRepub
11-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Cold here, 25. But it looks to be sunny.

Nope, nothing early but we might end up somewhere. We're looking
for a good GPS. :D

FlaGator
11-27-2009, 08:08 AM
Chilly here in North Florida but it will get to the low 70s before the day is over

TOTD: Avoid Shopping on Black Friday. I'll probably do some grocery shopping on the way home for because there should be no mobs and a quick check out. As for venturing to the mall, forget it. I will leave that up to the traditionalists, the greedy and less rational. That will give them one more parking spot to fight over.

Shannon
11-27-2009, 08:18 AM
I played football for too long yesterday. My entire body aches.

TOTD: Certainly not. I am heading to the office shortly. Another branch was just closed and we were given their workload. I need to make sure all the paperwork is done by the 1st. I'll just bring my pajamas and toothbrush.:( I should be putting up the Christmas tree now. Dammit, man.

SaintLouieWoman
11-27-2009, 08:29 AM
TOTD: No way would I be near the stores today, at least not this am. Most of the stores here opened at 4am, and one enterprising store advertised midnight. :eek:

There's nothing that I need that badly. I buy Christmas gifts around the year to avoid the crowds, just need to go to the basement where I store the gifts and find all the stuff that I've since forgotten.

stsinner
11-27-2009, 08:52 AM
My wife got up at 4 and was out shopping by 4:30. She did have help, however, in the form of my 12 y/o step son with whom we decided it was time to clear up the Santa issue and enlist his help from now on...

linda22003
11-27-2009, 09:36 AM
I played football for too long yesterday. My entire body aches.

Don't play in heels, next time. ;)

Rockntractor
11-27-2009, 10:12 AM
My wife got up at 4 and was out shopping by 4:30. She did have help, however, in the form of my 12 y/o step son with whom we decided it was time to clear up the Santa issue and enlist his help from now on...

What Santa issue? He is okay isn't he!:confused::(

stsinner
11-27-2009, 10:27 AM
What Santa issue? He is okay isn't he!:confused::(

Yes, he's fine..

Rockntractor
11-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Yes, he's fine..
Dammit man don't scare me that way!

Gingersnap
11-27-2009, 10:42 AM
We just got back from breakfast and Ace hardware. It will be warm today and then tank over the weekend.

TOTD: Nope - not me. The guy is coming out this p.m. to deploy the new wireless network so I plan on fiddling around the house today. :)