PDA

View Full Version : Family brawl over Thanksgiving feast lands Pasco parents in jail

bijou
11-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Elizabeth Smith says she cooked the ham the night before and asked her father-in-law to wake her up on Thanksgiving morning so she could cook the rest. But when she woke up at 7 a.m., she said, Donald "Junior" Smith was already stuffing the turkey.

With celery. Elizabeth's husband, Tristan Smith, is allergic to celery. "It makes him sick," she said. She started crying. Junior yelled. Elizabeth's husband shouted at his dad for yelling at his wife.

"You're not going to step in my wife's face," Tristan hollered, according to Elizabeth.

And then it was on.

The brawl moved into the bedroom, where Elizabeth and Tristan's 3-year-old son and 5-month-old daughter still slept. According to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office, Junior, 49, pushed his son. Elizabeth, 21, said Junior and her husband began fighting. A report says Tristan, 21, punched his dad. Elizabeth said she got in the middle of them to stop it.

Then Tristan's mom entered the scene. Joan Ethel Brewster, 54, grabbed Elizabeth by the hair and scratched her, a report says. "My face was bleeding," Elizabeth said. "She ripped my hair out." ...

link (http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/family-brawl-over-thanksgiving-feast-lands-pasco-parents-in-jail/1054821)

Gingersnap
11-28-2009, 12:24 PM
The worst thing that happened at my house was that the hippy BIL told everybody that Glenn Beck is a tool of the VRWC. Since everybody else kind of enjoys Beck on one level or another, this was met with good-natured laughter.

bijou
11-28-2009, 12:29 PM
The worst thing that happened at my house was that the hippy BIL told everybody that Glenn Beck is a tool of the VRWC. Since everybody else kind of enjoys Beck on one level or another, this was met with good-natured laughter.

Is that all? It didn't develop into a multi person brawl complete with unrestrained hair removal? Disappointing for the Lounge readers. :(

Gingersnap
11-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Is that all? It didn't develop into a multi person brawl complete with unrestrained hair removal? Disappointing for the Lounge readers. :(

Reality is so often disappointing. I'm sorry to say that not even harsh words were spoken - just the congenial laughter followed by more wine.