PDA

View Full Version : Who Watches Past TV Series Online?

Speedy
11-28-2009, 11:54 PM
It is something that I like to do and have found some real gems.

Best Among these are:

Kidnapped, a tight, superbly filmed and acted very violent series. It has a great cast headed up by Oscar Winner Timothy Hutton and Emmy Awardee Dana Delaney. In the tradition of 24 it follows the kidnapping of a teenager from the time he is kidnapped until the failed rescue attempt 20 episodes later.

Space Above and Beyond, Marines fighting two enemies in Space. The Chigs, an enemy unkown until they attacked some Earth Colonies and the Silicates, sentient, self-aware humanoid robots that had escaped into Space and were fighting a guerilla style war and collaborating with the Chigs.

The Black Donnelleys, Young Irish brothers taking on the Italian mob in Hell's Kitchen. Much better than The Sopranos.

NJCardFan
11-29-2009, 02:23 AM
I watch the Stooges on line.

djones520
11-29-2009, 02:39 AM
I liked Space Above and Beyond. Wouldn't mind getting the series.

Closest thing to watching old shows online would be through Netflix on my Blu-ray or Xbox.

Speedy
11-29-2009, 04:19 AM
I liked Space Above and Beyond. Wouldn't mind getting the series.

Closest thing to watching old shows online would be through Netflix on my Blu-ray or Xbox.

You can find Space: Above and Beyond here. (http://www.blinkx.com/video/space-above-and-beyond-pilot-1/EIj9d6lWTaO8BmKFIiydXw)

Kidnapped which I can't recommend enough is here. (http://www.crackle.com/c/Kidnapped/Kidnapped_Season_1_Episode_5/2467511#id=2470227&ml=o%3D12%26fpl%3D365597%26fx%3D)

linda22003
11-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Why would I watch anything online in my office at home, in my office chair, when I can watch it on television on a comfy sofa?

Rockntractor
11-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Why would I watch anything online in my office at home, in my office chair, when I can watch it on television on a comfy sofa?
A lot of people have media computers connected to their TV's. They even have a windows media edition operating system. One of mine does.

JB
11-29-2009, 02:23 PM
A lot of people have media computers connected to their TV's. They even have a windows media edition operating system. One of mine does.Don't educate her. Leave her in 1985 with her Vic-20.

Rockntractor
11-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Don't educate her. Leave her in 1985 with her Vic-20.
One other thing, the chair I have at my desk with hassock rivals any recliner or couch. I fall asleep there often.

Crapouillot
11-29-2009, 06:14 PM
One other thing, the chair I have at my desk with hassock rivals any recliner or couch. I fall asleep there often.

You have a hassock at your desk? I always figured you for a Tuffet kind of guy. :p

I think I remember Lurkie talking about sitting on a hassock....or was it a Cossack? I get confused.

lurkalot
11-29-2009, 06:25 PM
You have a hassock at your desk? I always figured you for a Tuffet kind of guy. :p

I think I remember Lurkie talking about sitting on a hassock....or was it a Cossack? I get confused.

I AM a Cossack you fool! And I'm not sure what a hassock is, but whatever it is, sounds sorta frenchie to me :mad:

Bubba Dawg
11-29-2009, 06:28 PM
I AM a Cossack you fool! And I'm not sure what a hassock is, but whatever it is, sounds sorta frenchie to me :mad:

Hassock does sound French. Do you think Rocky has French Provincial decor in his home?

Crapouillot
11-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Hassock does sound French. Do you think Rocky has French Provincial decor in his home?

Provincial to be sure. :p

lurkalot
11-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Provincial to be sure. :p

this thread has turned too feminine for even me!

Crapouillot
11-29-2009, 06:36 PM
this thread has turned too feminine for even me!

Hey, Bubba is the manliest of men, even without a skullet.

And since I am French, I am by definition manly. It is in our genes. :cool:

Rockntractor
11-29-2009, 09:35 PM
A hassock is essentially the same thing as a footstool or ottoman, a small, cushioned piece of furniture that serves as a footrest or small seat. The word hassock is of English origin and also refers to a cushion used in churches to kneel on when praying. A hassock can also mean a small, dense, tuft of grass that forms a hillock or tussock. The words hassock, footstool, and ottoman can be properly interchanged in most situations, except for when referring to a grassy area.

linda22003
11-30-2009, 08:15 AM
Don't educate her. Leave her in 1985 with her Vic-20.

No idea what a Vic-20 is. I know the computer can be hooked up to the TV, I've just never seen a reason to do it. Some of you probably have a toilet feature on your LaZBoy chairs, too. :rolleyes: