PDA

View Full Version : How to stop violence the moonbat way!

patriot45
12-01-2009, 11:21 AM
This could fit right in the Humor or end of the world forums! They want to bring you, I kid you not, The
Department Of Peace! (http://voices.kansascity.com/node/6704)

Department of Defense and FBI investigations as well as congressional hearings will try to determine why Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan exploded in a violent rage and what could have occurred to prevent the senseless carnage.

On Nov. 5, Hasan killed 13 persons at Fort Hood, Texas, and wounded more than 30 others.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates this month ordered the 45-day emergency inquiry to examine personnel, medical, mental health, discharge and other policies to identify volatile military personnel and slip-ups that might allow security risks to go undetected. A second six-month investigation will examine what Gates called ďsystemic institutional shortcomings.Ē
snip.....

What made sense and fit the countryís war needs would have stood out if viewed through a lens of peace. That insight is missing, yet is sorely needed. Itís why President Barack Obama and Congress must immediately act to create a department of peace.

That Cabinet-level post, which Rep. Dennis Kucinich has sought for nearly a decade, would work to prevent future slayings of innocent people such as Hasanís victims. In addition, it would promote diversity and tolerance, which Hasan needed to curb his extremist views

snip.....

Legislation for a peace department proposes that it institute best practices programs pulled from those in the U.S. and in other countries to ensure safety and productivity. A peace department with a Cabinet-level secretary would advise the president just as other secretaries do. In this case, it would not function in opposition to the Department of Defense but would complement the military.

This should work out well, a Peace Czar! :rolleyes:

noonwitch
12-01-2009, 11:37 AM
This is not new.

Under a previous pastor at my church, Dennis came to address the congregation. I was not present that Sunday, but MW couldn't stop talking about the whole Department of Peace concept for months afterwards. I thought it was pretty naive, personally. MW is still probably talking about it, when she isn't going on about how much she wants Steven Tyler to marry her. It was cool the day he showed up and sang with the choir, though.

Since she left, my church avoids politics like the plague.

NJCardFan
12-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Before we know it we'll have the Ministry of Peace, Ministry of Love, The Ministry of Plenty, and The Ministry of Truth.

Zathras
12-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Before we know it we'll have the Ministry of Peace, Ministry of Love, The Ministry of Plenty, and The Ministry of Truth.

What, no Ministry of Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll?