PDA

View Full Version : Florida DE Carlos Dunlap Arrested for DUI

megimoo
12-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Florida Gators starting defensive end Carlos Dunlap was arrested and charged with driving under the influence early Tuesday morning in Gainesville.

Dunlap, a junior from North Charleston, S.C., was arrested at 3:25 a.m. near campus and was booked into the jail at 5:52 a.m., Gainesville Police Department spokesman Lt. Keith Kameg said.

He was released on his own recognizance about six hours later during his initial appearance at the Alachua County Jail. Judge Mary Day Coker admonished Dunlap for underage drinking, and said he cannot possess alcohol, illegal drugs or prescription drugs that are not prescribed for him.

He was told not to drive a motor vehicle without a license, and if caught driving without a license, he would violate the terms of his release. The judge released Dunlap without bond because he has no prior adjudications and no failures to appear in court.

Wearing a jail-issued, green-and-white striped jumpsuit, Dunlap spoke softly when asked questions and always replied "Yes, ma'am," to the judge.

"We are aware of the incident and are currently gathering more information," Florida athletics spokesman Steve McClain said Tuesday morning. He said any update from the school would not come until after the Gators practice Tuesday afternoon.

Kameg said officers responded to a reckless driving complaint and found Dunlap's 2000 Chrysler stopped at a traffic light near the 200 block of W. 34th Street.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4702788

Rebel Yell
12-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Florida: The new Thug U.

ralph wiggum
12-01-2009, 05:21 PM
I wonder if Urban Meyer will have the balls to suspend arguably his best defensive player for the big game against Alabama?

patriot45
12-01-2009, 05:25 PM
I wonder if Urban Meyer will have the balls to suspend arguably his best defensive player for the big game against Alabama?

:eek: I hope not!