PDA

View Full Version : Question for Conservatives/Republicans

CaughtintheMiddle1990
12-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Couple of questions for the Conservatives and/or Republicans here.

1) Were you ever a liberal? If so when did you stop being a liberal and why did you stop--What event or events or reasons caused you to change from a liberal to conservative?

2) Were you ever a registered (or if not registered, than someone who usually voted) Democrat? If so, when did you cease to register or vote as a Democrat and why? Also, have you ever made an exception and voted for a Democratic candidate since ceasing to actively be one? If so why, did you make that exception?

patriot45
12-01-2009, 07:01 PM

1) Were you ever a liberal? If so when did you stop being a liberal and why did you stop--What event or events or reasons caused you to change from a liberal to conservative?

2) Were you ever a registered (or if not registered, than someone who usually voted) Democrat? If so, when did you cease to register or vote as a Democrat and why? Also, have you ever made an exception and voted for a Democratic candidate since ceasing to actively be one? If so why, did you make that exception?

This is easy, No and No!

Did I win?

Eagle
12-01-2009, 07:01 PM
1. No.
2. No.

Bubba Dawg
12-01-2009, 07:04 PM
1. No

2. Yes. I was a registered Democrat for over twenty years because of state and local races, mainly. I have always been a right of center moderate. I don't like party labels.

Jfor
12-01-2009, 07:06 PM
no and no

AmPat
12-01-2009, 07:11 PM

1. Yes. I grew a brain and was forever cured by the horrible job Carter did. I was young and idealistic (clueless) and started doing my own thinking.

2. The long list of DIMocRAT losers that were aligned against solid GOP opponents made me forever aligned with the GOP (or Conservatives).

Rockntractor
12-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Even when I was wild crazy and liberal I voted conservative (Republican).

BadCat
12-01-2009, 07:34 PM

No. I hate liberals and think they should all be hung by their own intestines.
No. I hate Dimocrats because they're usually liberals...see above.

patriot45
12-01-2009, 07:36 PM

:D I didn't know I had to give reasons too!!

Rockntractor
12-01-2009, 07:38 PM
It would be okay if they are hung by another liberals intestines. Personally I would prefer the Guillotine. Much more efficient!
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/small_guillotine.gif?t=1259714293

BadCat
12-01-2009, 07:40 PM
It would be okay if they are hung by another liberals intestines. Personally I would prefer the Guillotine. Much more efficient!
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/small_guillotine.gif?t=1259714293

Too quick.

The traitorous bastards need to be made to suffer.

Rockntractor
12-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Too quick.

The traitorous bastards need to be made to suffer.

Take the edge off the blade!

Rockntractor
12-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Also a guillotine allows shorter cheaper coffins. It could give a whole new meaning to Wilbur's face palm!

Speedy
12-01-2009, 07:49 PM
No to no.1 because I got my first paycheck when I was 10 years old and learned that if I worked that hard for something, then it should be mine to do with whatever I wanted. If I wanted to share it, then it should be my choice as to how much and to who.

No to no.2 because My first vote for a Presidential candidate was for Reagan. After the disaster that was Carter, I could never cast a vote for a Democrat.

sgrooms
12-01-2009, 07:51 PM

1. Yes. When I was young, I thought democrats were thoughtful, on my side, and looking forward to my future. When I started working full time, and saw what was coming out of my paycheck, I did some research. It was then I found out what my government was doing with my money and very quickly changed affiliation.

2. No. I have voted for democrats on the local and state level though. Of all the democrats I have voted for, only one was a colossal mistake. As it turns out, he is a narrow minded total asshole. The other democrats I voted for were DINOs. They were of that party because their parents had been.

Gingersnap
12-01-2009, 10:25 PM

1) This is hard to say. My family was rural and conservative - that hippy-dippy lifestyle just doesn't work out in the sticks when things actually have to get done right now. I certainly rolled my eyes at some of my parents' more right-of-center views when I was in college. I didn't understand the social ramifications of abortion, gay marriage, the welfare state mentality, and so on. I had emotional views about these topics but a poor understanding of the unintended consequences.

Later I realized that my parents weren't exactly idiots. They had seen the downstream consequences of a lot of "compassionate and sensible" positions.

2) I'm a registered Libertarian. I've never been a Republican or a Democrat. I've certainly voted for Democrats when my choice was between a fiscal conservative/free market Democrat versus a RINO. I vote for Libertarians in all local elections possible (it's possible a lot out here).

samurai
12-01-2009, 11:15 PM
No and no. I have had more moderate views on some issues in the past (abortion, gay marriage, etc), and still do on some things, but I've never been a liberal or a Dem.

expat-pattaya
12-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Labels don't work.

If you asked was I ever Democrat, then the answer is no. That party has been banging a "class warfare drum" since I came of voting age. I can not side with a party that uses divisiveness to get voters.

Constitutionally Speaking
12-01-2009, 11:39 PM
I have been a conservative for all of my adult life and my life experiences have affirmed that as being the right choice.

The politics of class warfare disgusts me and the rampant anti-Americanism of the left infuriates me.

I also have seen the devastation that the welfare state causes and hope someday to be able to say I helped eliminate this destroyer of lives.

MrsSmith
12-02-2009, 07:06 AM
I used to be more "liberal" than I am now...meaning that I really thought that a person's own sins were OK if they didn't "hurt anyone else." In raising several kids, I learned that a person's own sins always hurt themselves, those they love, and their Savior. I am still of the opinion that a person can live about any way they want, but I am no longer dumb enough to agree that they're doing no harm with some of their choices.

I never really paid much attention to politics, and never voted, until I was in my 40s. When I started paying attention, it was quickly obvious that the Republican party was wrong on many issues, but the Democratic party was wrong on all issues, so I registered R, and vote R...though, like Ginger, I'd usually prefer to vote Libertarian in most cases...as long as the candidate was anti-abortion.

djones520
12-02-2009, 07:24 AM
1. No. I have some liberal beliefs, but I've always been by and large a conservative.

2. I've never registered for either party. Since the first time I've registered to vote, it's been as an Independant. I pretty much support the republican party in elections, but neither party truly encompasses my beliefs so I won't join either.