PDA

View Full Version : POTUS Speech Thread.

SarasotaRepub
12-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Well, POTUS will be on shortly...I can't wait. :rolleyes::D

BadCat
12-01-2009, 07:46 PM
You have to take a drink every time he says "crisis" or "unprecedented".

patriot45
12-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Well, POTUS will be on shortly...I can't wait. :rolleyes::D

Me too, wanna bet we get another campaign speech? He better come off preidential or he will drop further and further in credibility!

Speedy
12-01-2009, 07:51 PM
He better come off preidential or he will drop further and further in credibility!

Has he ever?

Speedy
12-01-2009, 07:54 PM
He will straddle the middle with phrases like "the deepest heights" and "the highest depths." "We will reach the summit of the valley, together, one by one. With joyous sadness and hopeful regret"

lacarnut
12-01-2009, 08:04 PM
I can not stand to watch most politicians. Most of them are lying bastards and the Magic Negro is no exception. I will watch Fox do a regurgitation of his speech.

What time does this Poseur start?

SarasotaRepub
12-01-2009, 08:04 PM
I thought he was gonna blame Bu$h right off the bat...

patriot45
12-01-2009, 08:07 PM
I thought he was gonna blame Bu$h right off the bat...

He got to it!

patriot45
12-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Alot of standing O's too! :rolleyes:

SarasotaRepub
12-01-2009, 08:11 PM

Shhhhhh! The Teleprompter is speaking. :D

patriot45
12-01-2009, 08:13 PM

Mr. left, or Mr. Right? :D

Thats what me and Robin call them! :D

lacarnut
12-01-2009, 08:13 PM

Has this stupid shit said anything yet?

Speedy
12-01-2009, 08:15 PM

Like The Black Son of a Bitch in the Whitehouse getting a Standing O is a big deal. "I just farted!" Standing O! "And it stinks!" Standing O!

patriot45
12-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Like The Black Son of a Bitch in the Whitehouse getting a Standing O is a big deal. "I just farted!" Standing O! "And it stinks!" Standing O!

Hello! That was sarcasm, there were none.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
12-01-2009, 08:16 PM
His policy sounds like a redux of Nixon's Vietnamization.

SarasotaRepub
12-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Ok...so he wants out in July, 2011. Now what do you think the
widdle terrorists will do??? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, this sounds like another election stump speech. If this is
his idea of a "tough" speech...

lacarnut
12-01-2009, 08:20 PM
His policy sounds like a redux of Nixon's Vietnamization.

FYI, Kennedy and LBJ started V.N. Got it, dumbass.

patriot45
12-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Ok...so he wants out in July, 2011. Now what do you think the
widdle terrorists will do??? :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, this sounds like another election stump speech. If this is
his idea of a "tough" speech...

He is putting everybody to sleep! This is boring.

patriot45
12-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Very Preidential and uplifting! I am riveted to the TV!

Speedy
12-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Hello! That was sarcasm, there were none.

Well, pardon me all to Hell! I already said I was not going to watch that Piece of Shit!

patriot45
12-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Well, pardon me all to Hell! I already said I was not going to watch that Piece of Shit!

:D

It's a new low.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
12-01-2009, 08:25 PM

I'm well aware that Kennedy and Johnson started Vietnam. However, I was referring to the policy Nixon took upon coming into office in 1969, called Vietnamization, wherein we slowly withdrew from Vietnam, while at the same time training S. Vietnamese troops to take responsibility for their own security..It sounds pretty similar to the plan Obama's outlining.

Also..Obama giving a timeline for our withdrawal was VERY FUCKING DUMB. All the Jihadists will do is just lie in wait till 2011 and as soon as we're gone they'll make a big comeback. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Last Samurai
12-01-2009, 08:29 PM

Nixon, however, made it central policy to "turn the war over to the Vietnamese". It was instrumental in getting him elected. "Peace with honor" came shortly thereafter and the NVNs finished the job off.

Hence, the poster you chastized was correct.

Do the Mods in this outfit allow such personal attacks on other posters. Peawit?

LS

lacarnut
Is this fucker still yapping?

SarasotaRepub
Man...the audience looks like they can't wait to leave.

Why didn't he give this at the White House?? He's wasting
these people's time.

patriot45
There are a lot of people sleeping during this! Unreal, the Borer in Chief!

patriot45
12-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Man...the audience looks like they can't wait to leave.

Why didn't he give this at the White House?? He's wasting
these people's time.

I'm gonna watch FOX after this but I can't wait to hear the liberal spin on this!!!!!!
Where are our libs?

patriot45
12-01-2009, 08:32 PM
This is sad.:mad:

Hell of a pep speech.

SarasotaRepub
12-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Well one good thing, the idiots on DU will go nuts with this speech
and throw POTUS under the bus...as they usually do. :D

CaughtintheMiddle1990
12-01-2009, 08:43 PM

Well one good thing, the idiots on DU will go nuts with this speech
and throw POTUS under the bus...as they usually do. :D

I think he lost his chance at re-election tonight, because I think a great majority of liberals wanted us to pull out of Afghan now. I'm a liberal and I know all but a very few of my fellow liberals are pissed that he's not pulling us out now..And they've said they wont support him anymore as it shows them he's ''the same as Bush.''

patriot45
12-01-2009, 08:47 PM
I think he lost his chance at re-election tonight, because I think a great majority of liberals wanted us to pull out of Afghan now. I'm a liberal and I know all but a very few of my fellow liberals are pissed that he's not pulling us out now..And they've said they wont support him anymore as it shows them he's ''the same as Bush.''

He is not the same as Bush! Bush Likes America, wants us to win.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
12-01-2009, 08:52 PM

In the eyes of a lot of my fellow liberals, he's becoming ''the same as Bush.'' Their words, not mine. A lot of them wanted our troops to be withdrawn tonight.

Speedy
12-01-2009, 08:55 PM

He thinks that by incrementaly raising troop levels he would win favor with the right and not lose favor with the left. He lost favor with everybody. This stupid idiot thinks that the right wants troops in Afghanistan just because we want troops there. We want troops there to win and winning apparently is not an option with the Bastrard. Unlike the left, we don't believe shit just because he reads it off a teleprompter. So he definately is not going to get any support from the right. He will lose support from the left and our soldiers will be left fighting a war and dying for nothing. All because this amatuerish motherfucker does not know what to do.

patriot45
12-01-2009, 08:55 PM
In the eyes of a lot of my fellow liberals, he's becoming ''the same as Bush.'' Their words, not mine. A lot of them wanted our troops to be withdrawn tonight.

Libe are dim! They/you thought a speech at West Point would be for pulling troops out and surrendering!?!

CaughtintheMiddle1990
12-01-2009, 08:57 PM

Libe are dim! They/you thought a speech at West Point would be for pulling troops out and surrendering!?!

A lot of them did. I knew what tonight's speech was going to basically say--I go to a lot of political messageboards outside of this one.
And I don't think 30,000 is enough and I think publicly announcing our withdrawal date was a HUGE error in judgement.

patriot45
12-01-2009, 09:01 PM
A lot of them did. I knew what tonight's speech was going to basically say--I go to a lot of political messageboards outside of this one.
And I don't think 30,000 is enough and I think publicly announcing our withdrawal date was a HUGE error in judgement.

You're trying to play this perfectly, but as a smart poster used to say, Libs lie, Libs lie all the time!

Rockntractor
12-01-2009, 09:04 PM
You're trying to play this perfectly, but as a smart poster used to say, Libs lie, Libs lie all the time!
If you are a lib you miss spoke!

CaughtintheMiddle1990
12-01-2009, 09:04 PM

No, I feel we definately should've had more troops. McChristal wanted 40,000. Obama gave them 30k. Not enough, and if I was in change, I'd send as many as possible in overnight, no press release, no announcement, shock the shit out of the Jihadists.

I don't think in December 1943 FDR publicly announced that we were sendin X amount of troops to Normandy and Omaha Beach on June 6th 1944...Quite the opposite actually, instead we ''leaked' fake plans that said we were going to land somewhere utterly different if I recall correctly.

And I think announcing our date of withdrawal was a horrible mistake because all the Taliban/AQ will do now is simply bide their time and wait. They don't need to fire a single shot from now until 2010/2011, because in effect because of our announcement of us leaving, they've won.

Also, I heard (I didn't watch the entire thing) that he said he invisioned a world without nukes. That is utterly and completely delusional, as sad as that may be. I hope that wasn't a veiled way of saying that we're going to disarm. The dream of a world without nukes is lovely but that's all it is...a dream, that can never come true.

So, no, I'm not playing anything. I strongly disagree with the President.

stsinner
12-01-2009, 09:10 PM
You guys failed to talk about the worst part of this worthless speech-he preempted A Charlie Brown Christmas on ABC... What an abomination!!! So much or intellect and wisdom occurs during that cartoon, and ti's a holiday tradition!!!

patriot45
12-01-2009, 09:10 PM
No, I feel we definately should've had more troops. McChristal wanted 40,000. Obama gave them 30k. Not enough, and if I was in change, I'd send as many as possible in overnight, no press release, no announcement, shock the shit out of the Jihadists.

I don't think in December 1943 FDR publicly announced that we were sendin X amount of troops to Normandy and Omaha Beach on June 6th 1944...Quite the opposite actually, instead we ''leaked' fake plans that said we were going to land somewhere utterly different if I recall correctly.

And I think announcing our date of withdrawal was a horrible mistake because all the Taliban/AQ will do now is simply bide their time and wait. They don't need to fire a single shot from now until 2010/2011, because in effect because of our announcement of us leaving, they've won.

So, no, I'm not playing anything. I strongly disagree with the President.

So, what? Are you a freakin lib who loves the taxation and redistibution of wealth but is a war monger?
How do you classify yourself?

CaughtintheMiddle1990
12-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Chris Matthews calls West Point the ''enemy camp.''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTbJcixsLq8

First he had tingles up his leg..Then he bashed a Catholic priest on TV..Now he calls West Point the ''enemy camp.'' What a fucking moron.

Gingersnap
12-01-2009, 09:13 PM
You guys failed to talk about the worst part of this worthless speech-he preempted A Charlie Brown Christmas on ABC... What an abomination!!! So much or intellect and wisdom occurs during that cartoon, and ti's a holiday tradition!!!

Calm down, Snoopy just got bumped to next week.

I thought the speech was kind of odd. It was as though he was making a couple of speeches but speeches with sort of opposing points. :confused:

CaughtintheMiddle1990
12-01-2009, 09:14 PM
So, what? Are you a freakin lib who loves the taxation and redistibution of wealth but is a war monger?

I like to call myself an FDR or Harry Truman liberal, because at least FDR and Truman had the balls to fight wars the way they need to be fought.I am anti Affirmative-Action, and very pro 1st and Second Amendment. I don't believe in the Fairness Doctrine or any sort of censorship of voices I disagree with. For example, I strongly dislike Rush Limbaugh but I wouldn't want to see him censored. I am very ambiguous on abortion..I see both sides of the issue, and really don't have a clear sort of feeling on it.I am also torn on the issue of gays.** I'm against gays being in the military freely and support DADT.

I also am for strong, secure borders and for immigration quotas or at least tougher immigration laws. I also feel America's Muslims should be monitored very closely, as I live in NYC and in a very Muslim neighborhood. In today's day and age some would call that a moderate, hence my username.

*= Part of me says that homosexuality might be a psychological or emotional illness. That's the way it was viewed by mental health professionals until the 70s. However the other part of me says live and let live as far as gays. They don't hurt anyone, and as long as they partner with someone the age of consent, I don't care. I support gay marriage.

Rockntractor
12-01-2009, 09:16 PM
I like to call myself an FDR or Harry Truman liberal, because at least FDR and Truman had the balls to fight wars the way they need to be fought.I also am for strong, secure borders and for immigration quotas. In today's day and age some would call that a moderate, hence my username.
If that was the case Russia would be one of our territories now.

stsinner
12-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Calm down, Snoopy just got bumped to next week.

I thought the speech was kind of odd. It was as though he was making a couple of speeches but speeches with sort of opposing points. :confused:

You expected it to make sense?? God, I hope you didn't expect him to sound patriotic... :eek::eek:

stsinner
12-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Chris Matthews calls West Point the ''enemy camp.''

First he had tingles up his leg..Then he bashed a Catholic priest on TV..Now he calls West Point the ''enemy camp.'' What a fucking moron.

Chris Matthew should be spared from slobbering on himself with his slobbering speech and just get out of the business.. He's a lefty-loon, and he will never report fairly.. Those wet, sloppery lips are disgusting and the amount of drool in his mouth just makes it difficult for him to talk.. Just pull the plug, already..

patriot45
12-01-2009, 09:20 PM
You expected it to make sense?? God, I hope you didn't expect him to sound patriotic... :eek::eek:

Make sense?!!! How are they gonna spin all the shots of people yawning and sleeping during that campaign speech!

Gingersnap
12-01-2009, 09:20 PM

I think that's "Communist" or possibly "Union Member".

Cut the guy (or gal) some slack here. We're having a decent conversation. Be nice.

patriot45
12-01-2009, 09:23 PM
I think that's "Communist" or possibly "Union Member".

Cut the guy (or gal) some slack here. We're having a decent conversation. Be nice.

:o I'll be good!
But you gotta admit from its first post to now it has taken every side in the book!

patriot45
12-01-2009, 09:24 PM
+1, 48 to go! :D

Gingersnap
12-01-2009, 09:31 PM
:o I'll be good!
But you gotta admit from its first post to now it has taken every side in the book!

If he posts in the Lounge, that's gonna be a big asset on Friday nights.

patriot45
12-01-2009, 09:36 PM
If he posts in the Lounge, that's gonna be a big asset on Friday nights.

I agree! I'll salute him!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/nose_picking.jpg

SarasotaRepub
12-01-2009, 09:51 PM
+1, 48 to go! :D

LOL!!! I can fix that. :D

I think this speech was a mistake tonight. POTUS tried to please
everyone and will end up pissing most off, Left or Right.

It wasn't a strong speech, I don't think it was even very smart.

Grade: Fail