PDA

View Full Version : Winter Wednesday.

Gingersnap
12-02-2009, 10:05 AM
It's 16 F and snowing but not that useful, ski-worthy type of snow. This is that thin, bitter kind of snow. The good news is that we might break 30 F by Sunday! Yay! :D

TOTD: 'Tis the season and all that. While we all acknowledge that exchanging Christmas presents is merely a token of goodwill and is purely symbolic of the vast love and regard we have for others, the ugly truth is that we've all received some presents that were wholly inappropriate, wildly ugly, or intensely disturbing on one level or another.

What scary/amusing gifts have you gotten for Christmas? Have you ever given a gift that you thought was fine until word came back through the grapevine? Dish!

Rebel Yell
12-02-2009, 10:11 AM
We've started drawing names at Thanksgiving for Christmas. This year, I drew my niece. She has a good heart, but no real sense of responsibility. She is a recently divorced single mother of a 2 year old daughter. She just found out that she is pregnant by her current boyfriend. I'll get her a "real" gift, too. The first one she opens from me this year will be a box of condoms.

Gingersnap
12-02-2009, 10:18 AM
We've started drawing names at Thanksgiving for Christmas. This year, I drew my niece. She has a good heart, but no real sense of responsibility. She is a recently divorced single mother of a 2 year old daughter. She just found out that she is pregnant by her current boyfriend. I'll get her a "real" gift, too. The first one she opens from me this year will be a box of condoms.

And a copy of 'Total Money Makeover'. I'm giving this to more than one person this year. :)

linda22003
12-02-2009, 10:33 AM
She just found out that she is pregnant by her current boyfriend. I'll get her a "real" gift, too. The first one she opens from me this year will be a box of condoms.

Talk about closing the barn door after the horse has departed....! :p

BadCat
12-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Talk about closing the barn door after the horse has departed....! :p

I once gave a gift of a box of condoms and a bottle of rubber cement.
Perpetual Birth Control Kit.

RobJohnson
12-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Snow? That stinks. Are the dogs ok? I'm sure there is an evil clown behind your weather misfortune.

TOTD: Not really. Last year I did witness a regifting failure. A co-worker drew a manager's name from the secret santa hat. The manager rec'd a teddy bear that still had a tag on the ear that said "To: Barbara Love, Brian" The stupid girl forogt to take off the original gift tag before the regifting! I also think someone let Brian know as well. :D

Gingersnap
12-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Snow? That stinks. Are the dogs ok? I'm sure there is an evil clown behind your weather misfortune. :D

Oh, don't worry. I live in Colorado and it's pretty much like this from Halloween through the first week of May. :D

RobJohnson
12-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Oh, don't worry. I live in Colorado and it's pretty much like this from Halloween through the first week of May. :D

It does sound pretty. I like alot of white, I just don't like to deal with it.

Rockntractor
12-02-2009, 11:01 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/holiday-cheer-christmas-demotivatio.jpg?t=1259812739

Bubba Dawg
12-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Nice. :D

Electric Bug Zapper and a Case of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

The gift that keeps on giving.

RobJohnson
12-03-2009, 03:09 AM
Nice. :D

Electric Bug Zapper and a Case of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

The gift that keeps on giving.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-022.gif