PDA

View Full Version : Family Ties Star Claims Late Life Lesbo Status.

Gingersnap
12-02-2009, 12:27 PM
December 2, 2009

"Family Ties" Shocker: Meredith Baxter says "I'm a lesbian mom"

Alex P. Keaton's TV mom on "Family Ties" is gay. That's what actress Meredith Baxter told this week's People magazine.

"I'm a lesbian mom," Baxter, who played Elyse Keaton on the popular 1980s sitcom, told the magazine. "I feel like I'm being honest for the first time."

Baxter, 62, said she started dating women several years ago, but before that, being gay "had never crossed my mind." Baxter said three failed marriages led to several difficult years in her life.

"I was never comfortable with myself," she said. "That doesn't mean I was questioning."

The actress says she is in a long-term relatioship with contractor Nancy Locke, and that her five kids all know, and support her.

Her son Peter told People, "I just couldn't stop smiling [when she told me] because she finally figured it out."

Oh, please. She's no more a lesbian than my cat and I bet they both have exactly the same interest in wild monkey sex: zero. Fifty years ago she would have hung it up on men and moved in with her best friend who was either widowed or single. They would have had exactly the same life they are having now but without the tedious middle age sexual braying. :rolleyes:

Entertainment (http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/12/02/family-ties-shocker-meredith-baxter-says-im-a-lesbian-mom/)

megimoo
12-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Oh, please. She's no more a lesbian than my cat and I bet they both have exactly the same interest in wild monkey sex: zero. Fifty years ago she would have hung it up on men and moved in with her best friend who was either widowed or single. They would have had exactly the same life they are having now but without the tedious middle age sexual braying. :rolleyes:

Entertainment (http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/12/02/family-ties-shocker-meredith-baxter-says-im-a-lesbian-mom/)
She came out of the closet and nobody was interested .At her age she should hang it up and stick with her vibrator !

noonwitch
12-02-2009, 12:57 PM
I was watching the Today show this morning before I left for work, and they kept teasing with "Meridith Baxter has an announcement to make", but I left before they got to her segment.

I figured she either was announcing she was gay, or that she slept with Michael J. Fox when they were making the show. The second would have been more fun (he was an adult at the time-he was one of those guys who still looked 15 at age 28).